What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who has legit durban poison?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I used Durban Poison as one of the 4 parents we used to create a THCV only variety 20 years ago, the THCV was not so high, only 1-2% but it was there. I also used a Thai, an Afghan and Calif Orange, they also had small amounts of THCV. after 4 years of seperately selfing these lines which raised the THCV %'s they were combined to make our THCV variety.
-SamS

I'm wondering if the DP back then was tested for THCV.I always noticed that the DP which was avaible in the early 90s did not give the munchies like the other varieties which were available in the shop.Later on with PP or DP xSk#1 that effect wasn't there.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Variety from Ghana Jawhi's Joy it is called has certain amount of THCV too, i've noticed.

Some Chinese varieties seems to have it too.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Durban Poison'70 (Tropical Seeds Company)

Durban Poison'70 (Tropical Seeds Company)

Nobody is offering real Durban seeds at the moment that I know of. Ya wouldn't want it pure anyhow, unless ya enjoy panic attacks lol. Tropical seeds has F1's of some legit Durban and purple paki. Should be some nice smoke, n nice plants. I'd imagine some reddish purple anise smelling buds done in 10 weeks. Sounds good to me.

Tropical Seeds Company have too Durban Poison'70 (S.A. landrace), Durban Punch (Durban Poison'70 X SouthAfrican Ciskei Highlands) n Ciskei.
Im growin right now a Durban Poison'70 that looks legítim since new borned:

1698dce9181cefe986901ff45396caff.jpg

d48bdcba8e68632a90d48d65067d9143.jpg

a84f2be7ee6fb7931e3cf4446833818f.jpg

fb8d75c5029111096059f0ceaaffad6c.jpg

36d37606fb72d17418705eccf717cb97.jpg

Last edited:
P

Pinnate

Wow! The uncommon skinniness of those first leaves is kinda intriguing to me because I once had a random bagseed plant with the thinnest, longest droopy leaves I'd seen.

Its overall looks indicated that it was a 'find' but it turned out to be male ─ but, c'est la vie.

So, very interesting looking seedling ─ I just hope you have more than one...

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hey all, If any of you have ever wanted to grow out Afropips Durban Poison but missed the chance before, realgorillaclothing has my reproduction listed now. There should be some DPxGypsy Thai freebies as well for anyone that picks up a pack of the DP. Just make sure to inform about the freebies when ordering, just to be safe. :tiphat:

ahortator

Veteran
Hi. Past Tuesday 18th dagga was legalized in South Africa for private use. They are allowed to own until 3kg of weed. Also they seem to have become crazy there but they are still being arrested by police because not all of them have got the order stipping arrest people for some Dagga.

I have been acepted into a closed internet group, and I have found very kind people there, but the weed....

The scene is really boring, all the stuff they are currently growing there, or at least all they show in photos are modern hyped strains, OG Kush, autoflowerings, many modern names and clearly modern looking BLD plants. Native growers from Swaziland showing themselves proud (they should feel ashamed) beside tiny teeny weeny lilliputian hybrids plants... Like nowadays in Jamaica, Mexico, Colombia,... It is really sad.

South African strains such as the famous Durban Poison, or many lines from Transkey, Ciskey, Drakensberg,... have teh advantage of adaptation to about 35º South latitude. So they are enough fast to have greater advantage over modern strains developed for indoor growing. But it seems nothing is left. Perhaps in Limpopo or Pondoland but most bagseed is now hybridized.

Really a very boring landscape.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hi. Past Tuesday 18th dagga was legalized in South Africa for private use. They are allowed to own until 3kg of weed. Also they seem to have become crazy there but they are still being arrested by police because not all of them have got the order stipping arrest people for some Dagga.

I have been acepted into a closed internet group, and I have found very kind people there, but the weed....

The scene is really boring, all the stuff they are currently growing there, or at least all they show in photos are modern hyped strains, OG Kush, autoflowerings, many modern names and clearly modern looking BLD plants. Native growers from Swaziland showing themselves proud (they should feel ashamed) beside tiny teeny weeny lilliputian hybrids plants... Like nowadays in Jamaica, Mexico, Colombia,... It is really sad.

South African strains such as the famous Durban Poison, or many lines from Transkey, Ciskey, Drakensberg,... have teh advantage of adaptation to about 35º South latitude. So they are enough fast to have greater advantage over modern strains developed for indoor growing. But it seems nothing is left. Perhaps in Limpopo or Pondoland but most bagseed is now hybridized.

Really a very boring landscape.
Like everywhere... Sadness... :(
If you look on YouTube, everywhere the farmers have a Little dwarf plants with a stupid name, i saw a video of a Jamaican Man who call a plant cleary sativa, purple kush... This guys believe the cali-dutch strains are the best for them, but this strains are not for tropical habitat/climate/daylight....

ahortator

Veteran
A few weeks ago I found a man who said he was from Zimbabwe showing happy and proud those teeny weeny hybrids. I was chatting with him about they have much better weed in Zimabwe and highly sought outside. Even I showed him some huge Kariba surprise plants pics. I encouraged him to get actual Zimbawean landrace seeds and sell them.

Finally he told me he is living not in Zimbabwe but in Swaziland, he is poor, he has a daughter,... He continued showing pics of those tiny plants but now when someone ask about which strain is, he answer it is landrace.

Nobody seem to be worried about landraces neither sativas/NLD or their psychoactive effects. When people see a marijuana plant or some buds they think they are great even if they are rope hemp stubble which now are very sought after as CBD strains.

I think the battle is lost.

Last edited:

moses wellfleet

Veteran

Sorry to inform you that you have been the victim of fake news:

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...ice-document-on-legal-amount-is-fake-20180922

There was a Wattsapp circulating claiming to be a screenshot of an official South African Police order. Unfortunately this was created by some malicious person not thinking about how they could be causing serious trouble for innocent cannabis lovers!

Edit: to clarify, the concours ruling is real! The info re being legal to possess 3kg cannabis is fake!

W

Water-

Sorry to inform you that you have been the victim of fake news:

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...ice-document-on-legal-amount-is-fake-20180922

There was a Wattsapp circulating claiming to be a screenshot of an official South African Police order. Unfortunately this was created by some malicious person not thinking about how they could be causing serious trouble for innocent cannabis lovers!

i think that just the 3 kilo part was fake.

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...e-of-dagga-is-not-a-criminal-offence-20180918

Rastafarout

Premium user
Good day . There is still real landrace out there in South Africa you just need to know where to look ,
But sadly the legalisation is going to be landraces demise

90% of its gone already. Thanks to the strain hunters and tourists
But it's understandable that the growers want that skunky hybrid stuff as they grow what the market wants
Thing is there is extreme cross pollination now , so most that genotype is gone forever
The other thing is most people don't really know what Durban poison is .....

blays0r

Isn't it true that at this point, most "Durban Poison" is just various combinations of the different strains that float around the area of Durban? By that I mean, it is now nearly impossible to get what was originally bred by that name, pure and stable?

Latest posts

Latest posts