What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

purple pheno or sick seedling?

G

so this seedling is about 2 weeks post germination... it is a WYD seedling, and the other 3 WYD seedlings i have have no color (besides shades of green) at all. the underside of the leaves are a purple color

i know WYD is a cross of 1 female with 5 males, so there are 5 different strains that i could have... i just want to see if people think they are deficient or just a pheno

here is a blurry pic that shows the purple in the other leaves that iam not holding

Click for Larger Image

here is a pic that shows a good shot of 1 leaf

Click for Larger Image

this is what it looks like from the top

Click for Larger Image

i was having problems with all of these seedlings, and am still looking for input on that aswell
http://www.icmag.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1331

racefan

Did you alter your feeding regime so that the one plant would be deficient compared to the others? If not then i would think it would be pheno related. The reports on the WYD strain did say it was 5 different fathers(although choc. chunk seems the dom father so far) and I believe one was a blue strain. As for your leaf curl...let the soil dry between waterings. How's your soils PH and what's the RH of your room?

G

the feeding regimine has been completely the same for all of them, as far as the curl... i was having problems, so i transplanted and did a full flush, so now i am waiting for the soil to dry out, no watering here... i have not used any nutes, well i transplanted to a continuous feeding soil and added some bone meal and blood meal.
I think i am going to switch the cycle from a 24/0 to a 18/6 bc my botany friends said that the night cycle is truly important... so i might aswell do it, i might also move them from 90w floro to 100w hps + 40w cfl...

tokeAcola

sometimes seedlings will have purple stems because they haven't figured out how to get all their nutes properly. Give 'em a little time and they should start to green up. Unless it's genetic....:cool:

Green on top? Purple underneath?

Never seen a female like that, even on St. Patys Day!~

Grow it out, keep us posted. Take pics.

Only people turn purple/blue when ill, some special plants do, only when they are exceptional.

How was penicillin discovered?

omega7

I'd have to say its genetics. I have one that is a week old with the same purpling. Except mine started out just purple around the edges, but when that disappeared on the 4th day the purple undersides started. If it is genetics like I beliueve it is, it will be helpful in identifying the mother.

G

update... 1 week later

update... 1 week later

ok here is an update on the purple WYD seedling.

it is doing well, the purple still exists on the early leaves, but the new growth doesn't have much purple, maybe a slight tint right by the vein, but not like the leaves on the 1st and 2nd node. the 3rd node really doesn't have any

2nd node leaf (purple)

Click for Larger Image

3rd node leaf (green)

Click for Larger Image

here is what it looks like now

Click for Larger Image

this seedling has recently become my new favorite seedling because it is doing so well :) but we'll see

i think i'll do some research to see if i can tell who the father of my baby is, right now all i have to go on is that it is more indica than my other seedlings, and the purple... thanks for all the replies :)