What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

`

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I did not ask in case it was a stupid question, because I am not really in the scene. Just finding my own way for decades.

So thunk is just skunk? :chin:

Thunk is Thai Haze x Skunk 1, a cross bred by Sam the Skunkman.

Those seeds were added as freebies from Seed Boutique back in the day.

They are still available from seed re sellers with 60% strike rate.

Well worth the effort as the effects are sublime.

Bobby Boucher

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but my dude has been baby sitting the same lavender 15-20 years now. No mother plant. I've been babysitting the same lavender without a mom for ~5.

We take the strongest fighters and lop them on the last day of a 9 week veg. Bigger cuttings than I normally see.

He grows this lavender out to be sweetest, soapiest, stinkiest shit I have ever seen, every single time. It might be strain dependent, but this lavender hasn't shown any noticeable signs of deterioration over the years, particularly not on his end.

Just make sure to keep your plants supple and healthy, particularly around the time you take your cuttings, or yer presumably f*cked trying to get a good replica, mom er no.

First, a big thank you for the input.
Appreciate your experience and want to make sure I fully understand the post.

It is clear from the experience of growers like yourself and other contributors, a mother plant could last as long as the rewarded carer.

You are talking of reduced yield from flowered clones,
that come from smaller mom?

When you say a smaller mom, are we talking:
A chronologically smaller mom?
A mom that is smaller than otherwise would be, from its treatment?
Or other factors?

Happy times :)

Hi. When I use a small Bonsai( less than 2foot tall) mom for my clones, I always get a little more stretch and a smaller flower yield. When I take the clones from a big size healthy( 4 to 5 foot tall) mom, I get less stretch and a much bigger yield.