What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wattage for seed production

Superauto

What is the minimum required wattage to make cannabis start flowering a couple of weeks and then pollinate and produce seeds? Seed production room can be downsized so think small growroom, just tell me the wattage needed to produce seeds

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
A fluorescent bulb will grow seed. A fluorescent light will also grow a plant. That being said... PAR values for various stages:

• cuttings 60-90 umol
  • clones 100-200 umol
  • veg 300-425 umol
  • flower 700-1200
IMHO fls are a waste of time.

Easy7

Veteran
More wattage = more seed - grower error

LED are very efficient. I'm not all for them for smoking bud/resin, only because I have not tried LED grown flowers/resin...as well as no UV usually and lack of penetration. For ingesting CMH seems to have a higher value.

LED looks as good for veg, starting seeds, and making some beans. People grow fine flowers with LED, they just rub me the wrong way at this time for drug production. Purely and only by my own personal standards.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You're going about it the wrong way. 25-50W per sqf, although sativas prefer 60/sq ft they do very well with 50. You don't shop for watts, you determine how many watts your area will require in the design phase. The aforementioned data (previous post) is merely a measure to determine lamp height. e.g the area of my tent is 9 ft2 or 225-450W, 540W at the upper end (sativas). That tent is equipped with a 600W. My vegging tent has 4 ft2 or 100-200W, and is lit with a 300W. 25 to 33% greater capacity when compared the max recommended rating. This all being said, an oversized light is a waste of energy. You are better off growing a full properly distributed canopy, vice having greater light intensity which dependent on the set up can actually harm (scorch) the plant if you can't dial it in properly (set at proper height).

Latest posts

Latest posts