What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A room full of swinging dicks...

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
And just for the record, I gave the boys a literal dick punch today. 1 tsp of powdered Koolbloom (PK boost) per gallon. I usually do this at day 21 with my females, but I moved it up 4-5 days for the fellas. Should get the pollen production on overdrive.

nickman

Veteran
I could see how something like this could get pretty confusing trying to keep track of all the different crosses ...!!!... I’d love to be able to do something like this...
respect.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I could see how something like this could get pretty confusing trying to keep track of all the different crosses ...!!!... I’d love to be able to do something like this...
respect.

You ain't kidding. Even with proper branch labeling, I have to have air circulation, and I know that I will get some drift and cross contamination. If 8 out of 10 seeds are correct, since I am not selling these, that is certainly good enough for me, and who knows the best F1 could be an accident. That is part of the fun in it all.

After I grow out enough of the crosses, I will know which male(s) were the real alpha(s) in this current group. I will have loads of pollen in long term storage to keep working the lines for a good while.

dc2569

males

males

You ain't kidding. Even with proper branch labeling, I have to have air circulation, and I know that I will get some drift and cross contamination. If 8 out of 10 seeds are correct, since I am not selling these, that is certainly good enough for me, and who knows the best F1 could be an accident. That is part of the fun in it all.

After I grow out enough of the crosses, I will know which male(s) were the real alpha(s) in this current group. I will have loads of pollen in long term storage to keep working the lines for a good while.

I love your dedication to breeding!! i too see the importnce of males

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Chem D x i95 (Triangle Kush x (Legend OG x Stardawg))

Chem D x i95 (Triangle Kush x (Legend OG x Stardawg))

If this were a race, and it is of sorts, I would say hands down that this plant is winning at the moment. This just might be the one that spins nothing but gold. It is a F1 of Chem D x i95. i95 is Triangle Kush x (Legend OG x Stardawg) and made by Money Mike. Too much back story, but this did not come directly from Top Dawg, but through a collaboration that went sour. I could care fucking less about the drama because the females were absolute fire.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Wow, just wow.

I have just two male plants and the potential for my crosses are many.

damn.

You could do grab bag of all your males combined and dust all your
females to test your selection skills, lol.

subbed

dc2569

If this were a race, and it is of sorts, I would say hands down that this plant is winning at the moment. This just might be the one that spins nothing but gold. It is a F1 of Chem D x i95. i95 is Triangle Kush x (Legend OG x Stardawg) and made by Money Mike. Too much back story, but this did not come directly from Top Dawg, but through a collaboration that went sour. I could care fucking less about the drama because the females were absolute fire.

View Image

View Image

View Image
great stud man!!!!!

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
There was no collaboration. Gnu is just a lying POS thief. It's that simple. He can sugar coat it as much as he wants.

dank.Frank

Hey Frank. You obviously know a lot more of the back story than me. I just followed JJ on IG, and he went on an epic rant that IMHO went way over the line with personal insults. I thought, here is a dude that charges $200 a pack, including at their own booth at live events, whaling on a little guy. So, I sent a DM to the party, who I had never heard of, that JJ tagged in his post. A $50 donation (per 20) later, and I had packs of Chem D x i95 F1, Chem D x i95 F2 & Chem 91 x i95. I did see (on IG some months later) that Top Dawg released packs of "Chem de la Chem" with more derogatory hashtags and name calling. Like I said, my garden gives two shits about other people's drama, and the ironic part is that if JJ never made a public post on IG, I would not have known.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Ok, so you have me intrigued now. I love a good story. Was it the Chem's or i95 used without permission? I thought that an i95 male or pollen was given to a facility for a project that was supposed to stay in house, but some seeds from the project were getting out and JJ freaked.

The strain is really bad ass, but it has incredibly lanky and weak stems. It definitely needs another cross, most likely to a squatter indica with tighter branching. I have grown a bunch of different Chem crosses, including Chem DD. They are usually strong as fuck but also have undesirable traits. I understand that people want to protect their P1 stock, but once it is released into the wild, it is game on for others to do as they wish.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Cookie Time!!!

Cookie Time!!!

DVG Foul Mouth (Dookies x Grandpa's Breath)

For those that have had the pleasure to grow some good cookie crosses, you know that traits - crazy density, very high calyx to leaf ratio, stupid frost but minimal stacking. I grew about a dozen cookie lines for this project and Foul Mouth (along with Bodhi Space Cake) were probably my favorites. Peanut Butter Breath is amazing, but lower yielding and lacking some vigor.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Pollen is dropping like a mofo!!! I bumped a Panama and it just rained down. Time to get serious about collection. I have a large piece of glass that I am going to shake each plant over to do my first ones.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
If you can keep a small part of each stem from all the males and females if you want to register them in the phylos cannabis galaxy
https://www.phylosbioscience.com/the-phylos-galaxy/

the new crosses would be register to you with genetic markers.

Good luck

That sounds neat, but totally against my ethos. If I worked a deep line, I might consider it, but just crossing two plants (from nature that other people might have picked) does not entitle you to a single F'n thing. I want to donkey punch anyone that supports patents for the natural selection of plants, so I hope that is not you. He he. Just kidding (but not really). Thanks for stopping by the thread!

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Wow, just wow.

I have just two male plants and the potential for my crosses are many.

damn.

You could do grab bag of all your males combined and dust all your
females to test your selection skills, lol.

subbed

Thanks Cat! With this many varieties (and without a full lab analysis setup), it would literally be impossible to make heads or tails of what is what, but it would the ULTIMATE pollen chuck if I did. I think that I will get a bit of cross contamination that will really test my pheno hunting skills when I grow out the lines. If I find an odd ball, is it just a pheno or an accident??? Fire is fire and exploration is indeed what drives many of us to move forward.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Thanks Cat! With this many varieties (and without a full lab analysis setup), it would literally be impossible to make heads or tails of what is what, but it would the ULTIMATE pollen chuck if I did. I think that I will get a bit of cross contamination that will really test my pheno hunting skills when I grow out the lines. If I find an odd ball, is it just a pheno or an accident??? Fire is fire and exploration is indeed what drives many of us to move forward.

Yup, that's the rub with multiple males flowering together.

Being this is a personal project, the wildcard combinations
are exciting without a doubt

Great looking plants, can't wait to see all the collected pollen.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
the thread just gets better and better, waterfarmfan!
i agree that there is room for improvement, regardless of the plant
there are so many personal and environmental factors to explore in the quest to perfect a strain, (your tools analogy was spot on) and i cant wait to see your results
if nothing else this sounds like a really fun project and one heck of a ride
so you mention getting all this pollen, like how much would you consider to be a lot from one plant?
/how big are your containers and how long did you veg for?
how do you store it?
i am enjoying following you on your adventure and keep up the great work, my man!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
STORY TIME

STORY TIME

Ok, so you have me intrigued now. I love a good story. Was it the Chem's or i95 used without permission?

Okay. Story time!!! :comfort:

I first heard of I95 - around 2013. I was gifted 30 seeds.

The I95 line uses a Stardawg Ix2 male. This male was developed exclusively by $mike. I have smoked several seed lines, this male fathered, that were ALL nasty rank chunky east coast style classic fire.

This male, Corey x (Corey x Stardawg/Stardawg 1st gen) - I *think* is the correct lineage, represents, 4 separate male selections. These weren't small scale seed hunts. This line took YEARS. The work started in 2009.

So, from 2009-2013. 4+ years, $mike focused primarily on one specific project.

A cut called L-Dawg, is around. It's Legend OG x Stardawg Ix2. It's fire. Grown by many friends and proven top shelf. Those results encouraged $mike to play with that line a bit. A male was selected.

I95 was born. I95 has been worked. The #4 and Angel OG among other isolated keepers, exist and have been shared with friends. There have been improvements and refinements made to the line via selection across countless seeds.

I know several buddies that have done 50+ seed pops of various I95 outcrossed lines, just to see if there is anything worth pursuing. ALL the chems. Cookies. Diesels. Hazes. Hash plants. DNL. etc. All been done. Long time ago.

It wasn't released for a reason.... :laughing: - Because in test lines, the end results did not actually carry the line the direction desired.

Moneymike has been working I95 for about 5 YEARS now. He had just slowly begun releasing selected workings that DID meet his criteria.

Have you heard of G-Dawg? I'm going to assume not. It's the Chem D S1 that yields better. Stinks more. Frosts harder. Tests above 31%. It's a cut isolated by MoneyMike. It was bred to I95. Then a male from that line was used to Bx the G. The line is finally going some place it was intended. Skunk ass to the max.

Everyone thinks it's supposed to be an OG line. It's not. I95 was a base line designed to create a given plant profile that would be suitable for pursuing RKS.

In other words - Gnu has done nothing but stolen the work that $mike has spent the last 10 years of his life devoted too creating - and he has not the slightest clue what to do with it or how to utilize it in an effective manner. If he did, he wouldn't have released a basic one off chem cross. He took a line that can produce exceptional cannabis and watered it down. Seriously. :laughing:

Gnu STARTED his company, by begging Karma Genetics for some tester seeds. He then, took a male from that line, before Karma had ever decide if the line was acceptable for full public release - and started Green Point Seeds.

He is doing the same thing to TopDawg. Stealing their work and trying to release it in mass. First he did it with Stardawg.. Now he is doing it with I95.

He is a manipulative, lying, backstabbing, OPPORTUNIST. His business model:

1. Scan the internet for trends.
2. Manipulate people to gain access.
3. ASAP reproduce.
4. Create drama and act innocent.
5. Profit.

Let's not forget why he is banned here.

He was starting a seed company by sending PMs to everybody on IC offering to sell them seeds really cheap. Once he drummed up enough noise, he created a false account to have "someone" showing his seeds so others could post their results as well...

Everything he has done since day one has been a calculated effort to make himself seem like everyone is picking old poor Gnu who just wants to spread genetics these big bad greedy companies don't want you to have.

It's is a farce. He is a capitalist pig who stalks, steals, and profits off the lifetime dedication of others.

F.U.C.K. him. :tiphat:

(you did ask)

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sounds neat, but totally against my ethos. If I worked a deep line, I might consider it, but just crossing two plants (from nature that other people might have picked) does not entitle you to a single F'n thing.

That being your ethos, then you MUST understand EXACTLY why Gnu is NOT entitled, to quote, "a single F'n thing".

dank.Frank

Kankakee

so what happens if you invest in say hemp seed production including property, greenhouses etc and do not get a plant protection via patient ???

then some bozo can steal your work ? and don't worry, you can't get plant protection unless your line is very stable and uniform over many generations, no poly hybrid is gonna provide that anyways.