What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

roots exuding toxines?

ogenko

a question for the more advaced botanists
i read in one of the nft "bibles", that tomato plants exude a toxin through their roots that will cause a root die off sometime in the life of the plants if not rinsed out properly
i have 2 nft channels; in each channel are 2 -3 mendo afgoo plants and one sour diesel plant
the sour diesel fan leaves begin light green and lose all their green quickly while the medoos seem to be happy as bigs in shit
could this be the result of toxin build up in my system
actually it could be a lot of things since i decided to not do a res change (experimental) for over 57 days of thier life
i finally gave in and did a res change and rinsed out the tracks with fresh water to see if it would alleviate the symptoms ive been seeing

pics in my sig link
peeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeee:tiphat:

highonmt

Veteran
a question for the more advaced botanists
i read in one of the nft "bibles", that tomato plants exude a toxin through their roots that will cause a root die off sometime in the life of the plants if not rinsed out properly
i have 2 nft channels; in each channel are 2 -3 mendo afgoo plants and one sour diesel plant
the sour diesel fan leaves begin light green and lose all their green quickly while the medoos seem to be happy as bigs in shit
could this be the result of toxin build up in my system
actually it could be a lot of things since i decided to not do a res change (experimental) for over 57 days of thier life
i finally gave in and did a res change and rinsed out the tracks with fresh water to see if it would alleviate the symptoms ive been seeing

pics in my sig link
peeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeee:tiphat:

The root exudates of the cannabis plant are not your problem. You problem is probably locked out nutrients in your 60 day old rez.

pH Balanced

Changing up reservoirs with freshly treated, pH balanced, nutrient balanced water, is basic and essential for healthy plants bar none ! Experiment within the parameters of proven,
science and grow methods, and one should rewarded with success !

ogenko

ok here's a funny thing though
the yellowing on the Sour D's began from day one
when the res was fresh
and the 1 Sour D that shared a hole with an Afgoo showed the yellowing much worse than the Sour D that had it's own hole
the Afgoo's have no such symptoms
i was thinking they either have different nute solution "likes"
or the afgoo roots are exuding something to claim thier territorry
anyhow i will try to stick with the tried and true from here on out
thanks for the ideas though

llewop

ok here's a funny thing though
the yellowing on the Sour D's began from day one
when the res was fresh
and the 1 Sour D that shared a hole with an Afgoo showed the yellowing much worse than the Sour D that had it's own hole
the Afgoo's have no such symptoms
i was thinking they either have different nute solution "likes"
or the afgoo roots are exuding something to claim thier territorry
anyhow i will try to stick with the tried and true from here on out
thanks for the ideas though

My vote is for different "likes" as you say. It's not an uncommon problem when running different strains in one res. Try to up the nutes, but only enough to keep the afgoo from burning.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I'm a soil grower, so can't help with hydro problems,... but YES different strains want different nutes. Find a balance if your gonna keep multiple strains in one res, None of your strains will be at their MAX production, but they will still be happy! :D

I'm having the same growing pains with my 17 strains of peppers! ;)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the diesels want a lot of nutes, the afghans likely dont want as many.

Latest posts

Latest posts