What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the phish head thread!!

bluebublelove

dankbudz said:
ill use anything to write a setlist on. ive got a couple on pizza boxes i found laying on the ground. ive got some pretty nasty looking setlists wrotten on some nasty ass paper. ive got one on toilet paper from alpine valley. theyre TP is like note book paper...so it was actually pretty easy and didnt rip.

general rule of thumb. if you can dose it. you can write a setlist on it. and vice versa.

herbal_activist

I never got to see them pre-hiatus because I was too young but my experiences with Phish were def nothing short of life changing. Easily my favorite band that I have had the privilege to see. My first show was 02/26/03 Worcester Centrum Centre, Worcester, MA

Set I: You Enjoy Myself1, Clone2 3, Roggae, Drifting2 4, Blue Skies2 5, The Moma Dance, Final Flight2 6, Maze
Set II: Stash, Ghost7> Makisupa Policeman8> Ya Mar, Guyute, Waves> Prince Caspian> Frankenstein> Golgi Apparatus
Encore: Loving Cup

1 vocal jam included lyrics from 'Clone'
2 first time played
3 Gordon/Kottke tune
4 Trey Anastasio Band tune
5 Pork Tornado tune
6 Vida Blue tune
7 with Low Rider jam
8 in lieu of keyword: "Woke up one morning...and my hotel was burning down" (Cinci reference)

and I ended up seeing 31 shows in total through Coventry. I can't wait for them to reunite (soon enough, soon enough) so that I (WE) can do it all again. Some of the best times of my life was with this band! What's everyone's favorite show to listen to as of late? 11/02/98 @ the E Center in Salt Lake City is mine.. that surprise DSOTM set -> of Harpua is the sorta thing that makes this band so special. Can't stop listening to this show.

bluebublelove

grapepunched said:
eh... Big Cypress was totally rawkin' but I wanted my heady Gamehendge Saga!!!
who's got my heady gamehendge saga showww? 143245!

1 for 3 2 for 5! get it? 143245
hahaha
heady gamehendge saga and cold fat tire or a cold saranac black and tan! long trail was my favorite too! heehee=)

-gp

07-08-94 Great Woods, Mansfield, MA

1: Llama-> N2O*-> Lizards-> Tela-> Wilson-> AC/DC Bag-> Colonel Forbin's Ascent-> Fly Famous Mockingbird-> The Sloth-> McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters-> The Divided Sky

First set contained a complete "Gamehendge" narration. *The idea was being in a dentist's chair, with the gas slowly putting you to sleep, and on your way to Gamehendge.

Set 1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?atzwiyyx4xq

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
My first (and only) Phish show was It Festival and it blew my mind (as did the nugz from my neighbour)...

My wife is the real phan and has seen them all over the US. She spent 18 hours in the traffic jam in the Florida Everglades for the Millennium show with no weed...

We have also seen Trey solo a couple times there in Vermont and NY. What a band....

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

Put in my request for tix

God I hope they do more than 3 shows

im one of those ppl who walked the 20 miles to coventry would love to see em at Hampton theaters

Im going to be nuts for at least March, WOW

WOWOWOWOOWOWOWO

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

U

ureapwhatusow

I'm floating in the blimp a lot
I feel the feeling I forgot
Swimming weightless in the womb
Bouncing gently round the room
In a minute I'll be free
And we'll be splashing in the sea

The Vermonster

Awesome thread.....idk how i missed it!!! My first show was when i was 12(barely had hair on my nuts...lol).....my buddy's brother took us and we layed on the roof of the car parked out in front of Nectar's and listened from 2 floors up!!! Man those were the days............I'm going into this thing w/ low expectations so as if it is not a good run in VA i wont be disappointed. I've seen em 166 times and def not ready to stop there...lol.......95MSg was an insane show, 11/22/97 in Hampton was sick, Charlotte and Raleigh shows, Deer Creek, etc as kicked ass!!!!!!! I think the best festi was Clifford Ball for a myriad of reasons.....20 mins on the ferry and 20 mins back to my house! Cypress was a ball though for sure......i loved the last set playing all freakin night and covering the Beatles w/ "Here Comes The Sun"......as daylight arrived!!!!! Anyone wanna do this thing or what? I'm in New England and think it would be cool if all us New England boys/girls caravan down there........pm me if anyone is interested........I bet they play Destiny Unbound......they came close in 97(11/22) in Hampton right before the 2nd set started but Trey was just messing w/ us as usual.......anyone remember that?

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

.I'm going into this thing w/ low expectations so as if it is not a good run in VA i wont be disappointed

I feel phish broke up because of their personal problems the magic was "gone"

i think they are getting back together because they found it again

GAME ON PHANS GAME ON

U

ureapwhatusow

BTW i got an email form phish.co saying there were to be more dates announced

GAME ON PHANS GAME ON

The Vermonster

Me 2 but im not taking any chances i said if they ever reunite im there and im sticking to my story.....lol.......i bet they'll have a sick summer tour where just about anyone interested will be able to catch a couple of shows..........peace

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
My buddy who told me yesterday to book my hotel for those dates not only let me catch out on a hoti but told me there is supposedly 15 shows. Not trying to be a rumor biatch but he gave me this info then a couple hours later rumors surrounded the internet until this morning.

Ill see ya on lot fellas :rasta:

8453phish5.jpg

Hopefully we got CK5 on the tour, wont be the same without him

headseed

OMG OMG OMG

I'm going to go check out the dates! Lesse, my fav show (that I went to anyways), is probably halloween '95 (remain in light album)....PVD island tour PVD civic center one night took too much acid heh. Jazzfest was good as was the everglades experience. Darien Lake had a good vibe ( I think that was right before plattsburg.)

Sorry for the stream of consciousness thing going on, I'm ripped on bud and excited to go see a phish show! :rasta:

edit: winter tour '95 I did ten shows in two weeks and the best bud was when I was in Lake Placid. Love the northeast!

Last edited:

magoo

Right on fellas

Right on fellas

So this is very exciting. We will see who actually gets tickets to the show. Keep your eyes peeled for the Godbud, it'll be around phriends :)