What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Solo Cloning' - Cheap and Easy Cloning

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I just transplanted my first batch of sensi star clones using this method, and it worked just as the took says, I love it. I use small styrofoam cups inverted over tylenol and pill bottles, because they are the right size, and they taper at the top to fit the inverted cup. An X cut in the top, then today, I just cut up the side of the cup to remove it and the clones had beauty roots. Mine rooted in 2-3 weeks, but had to wait another week till I was ready to transplant, no worries.

This is by far the best cloning method I have tried, and I have done, and designed many units. Thanks for this thread.
H

Easygrowing

Veteran
Nice Done PT

thanks !

Many times i put them in a normally glass with water-lights cames in-but they dont care-they gives me roots anyways.
But will try those.

GF-Z

i was trying this method without any additives, rooting hormones, just tap water and fresh cutting. some strains rooted faster than 6days. Almost 100% (2 cuttings get rot)

LIFER25

Gonna try this method tonight. I was gonna put together a bubbler cloner but found this thread and have some cups laying around. Well update in a few weeks.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I got 100% on my second batch, and I had 5 extras, so I left them in the clone cupps untouched.......... for over 9 weeks, and they are still fine, did not add a drop of water or touch them in all that time.

I may take a vacation this year, now that I can leave clones long enough, very cool, thanks to FB and the Took.
H

MTRUM75

I saw this thread a few days before it was time to clone, so I decided to give it a try.

I did most like normal in rockwool cubes and three in plain water.

I had a 100% root from both groups but the cuttings in water rooted a week sooner.

I found a new rooting program.

Thank you.

**EDIT**

I used the solo cup method with all of my cuttings (eighteen of them) during my next cycle.

I do not know what I did different, but this time the cuttings took 4 weeks to root. I did still have a 100% root.

I will try again to see what the results are.

Last edited:
S

Scrappy-doo

Is temperature a very important factor with this method? My room is in the low 60's when lights are off, and about 70 when they are on.

mexweed

Veteran
glad to come across this, more appealing than the hempy cups since I never buy perlite and my cloning product is liquid mix tsp per gallon water, perfect to use in the cups

greenspiritz

After trying, root riots, jiffy pellets, biobizz light and coco.

The most successful way for me with near 100%, has always been rooted in water.

Really easy, much less maintenance, cheaper and more successful in my experience.

I use a floating raft system with a floating styroform board with holes poked through with a airpump and air stone attached underneath.

Great post, thanks for sharing :tiphat:

REP+