What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do you use to mix your bubble hash?

juggernaut

I've been using a cake mixer but it died yesterday. I had the bubble now but it sucked.
Any suggestions on a new mixer?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I used the paint mixer and drill years ago but about 8 or 10 years ago I bought a 5 gallon RV washing machine and I never looked back. Worked just perfectly. 3 minutes first run. About 8 minutes for a second run and a third if the stuff you're using will put out a third time.

Elevate the washing machine and let it drain right into my tower of bubble bags in 5 gallon buckets..... easy peasy.

Gave it all away as I'm getting ready to move out of state.

Fitzera

Back a few years ago my friend and I used a paint mixer attachment on a drill...watch out! We found the metal plating they had used was flaking off, the end product was full of contaminate. Useless.

Since then I had used just a wooden spoon and elbow grease. I felt I was missing out on alot. Last run I used a cheap kitchen mixer, world of difference. If your material is dry, ensure it fully hydrates! That will keep alot of unwanted material out of your final product.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have always followed Frency's guidelines. Even to using the RV washing machine and a glass bottle filled with hot water. It ain't broken... don't fix it. LOL

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have never made bubble. Recently was gifted some new bags. So I will be trying it out.

Everything I read says gently removing resin heads is the key. Being to rough ruins the quality. Wooden spoon sounds best unless you have something like frenchies machines to gently agitate. Do several small runs instead of trying to get the most out of a run.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Both good pieces of advice. I used the washing machine and the first run was only a couple minutes. Maybe 3. The next 2 runs were always longer. The first run was always noticeably better.

Gentle.... Multiple runs.

watts

ohms
Veteran
I heard that Frenchy recommends using really cold water now instead of ice. Anyone know if this is true?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I heard that Frenchy recommends using really cold water now instead of ice. Anyone know if this is true?

He says that icebergs smashing into the buds will add contaminants & that plain very cold water is gentler. So the ice is only to cool the water.

I tried my last run outside in a snow storm & it is the best I have made yet. I used this paint mixer: Warner 2-3/8" 1-Gallon Paint Mixer, Spiral Blade, 15-3/4" Shaft, Fits 3/8" Drill . . . on a variable speed drill running at its lowest speed in a bucket. Then I dumped it into a 2 bucket system (with the bags) that I had cut the bottoms out of. The main thing I did different this time is that I flushed & flushed & flushed each bag with water (like Frenchy). I used only 2 bags, the 220 & the 25. And I did 2 runs. Yes, the scope told me there is some plant matter but not much & lots of stalks & heads.

I was bubbling some pink kush trim & it is true 2 toke hash. Incredible.

For my next run, I bought a 'gentler' paint mixer with plastic fingers to try. We will see.

picture.php

methias

First time washing.

First time washing.

Hello boys and girls,

I have been doing a lot of reading on the subject and I have seen some of Frencies you tube videos.
I decided to try it in my own DIY kind of way.

First I need a wash tank. A basic 5 gallon bucket with a side mount drain line should work fine. I have a small line voltage water pump with suction cups on the bottom and I thought that a jet of ice water would work as an agitator and it would work ice or no ice.
So far,
Bucket drain

Pump with foam filter to prevent clogging

In place dry
OK, not dry but empty.

Running,
You can see the wave.

For the drain line I have a fitting that pulls from the bottom of the bucket.
Pics next

methias

For the inner part of the drain line I just used a PVC 45 degree fitting and cut an angle into the stub out as below

All initial testing is promising. Now I need to be patient and wait for harvest time.
Gonna be a long week or so.

Next I'll work on the bag holders and get pics.

Vape on kids :tiphat:

Hash Artist

White plastic brewing spoon. It’s perfect length for two hands, lower hand to control mixing and top hand to steady the handle. Has great flexibility, gentle, won’t tire you out and they’re cheap and durable. :dance013:

methias

The bag setup

The bag setup

Here is my catch setup,

I went cheap with 1 gallon bags but they are all mesh. I cut the bottom off of flimsy landscaping pots and the bags fit on perfectly.
Took a second 5 gallon bucket,cut a circle ⭕ in the top that the bagged pots fit in. That completes the setup.
I only got 4 landscaping pots and I have 5 bags so I will try different combinations to see what works best for me.
5 bag sizes,,

Inexpensive flimsy plastic landscaping pot minus the bottom.

Ready to catch.

Got a friend who usually just tosses his trimmings. This time I get his trimmings and we shall split the proceeds, so to speak...
He is set to harvest about a week before me. First run coming soon.
I can't wait until harvest....

.:biggrin:

Vape on kids

mr.brunch

Veteran
I use a drill, plasterers attachment, fresh frozen trim.
No bags, just a screen and gravity... I know, I’m a heathen...