What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid helicopters from electric company

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Got a call few hours ago from the owner of the field where my plants are growing.

Landowner said they got a robocall from the electric company. Electric company will be doing low altitude helicopter flights in the area.

Understandably, they want me to chop tonight.

Purple Satellite is almost done. Another week or so.

But everything else still has 4-6 weeks.

Is it worth it to make concentrate?
There are lots of trichomes but of course they are still clear.

And I have two CBD plants. I heard that CBD is highest early in plants life. Is this true?

Gonna chop everything, be t was thinking of leaving a couple that don't stick out.

I have a Purple Satellite weaved into a wire fence, that would be hard to see. Also a Bangi Haze and lemon skunk that are under the tree line. They are pretty small because they don't get as much sun. And a tiny little squat indica, only a foot tall.

I'm hoping the electric company doesn't use FLIR cameras for their line inspections???

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Does anyone know if cannabis buds appear lit up on FLIR?
Or is it just the leaves?

If I defoliated them would they still show?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
The electric company will use FLIR, cannabis won't appear any different to any other plant, pots will show up on FLIR.

troutman

Seed Whore
I wouldn't be worried about FLIR detecting Cannabis among other plants. If it was that easy to detect
Cannabis from the air every guerilla plant would be extinct. I've been in a helicopter a few times and
what you see the most is trails in the grass and places of activity. From the air, trails make a shadow.
Unless the plants are in the wide open with no other plants around them as camouflage I would just
leave them. The electric company isn't going to fly all over the country side. They'll stick to areas with
power lines no doubt.

I'm sure extracts can be made with any plant having resin if you decide to chop them down.

ozzieAI

Veteran
I wish you all the best....but rule #1 in my neighbourhood is...never grow under power lines...ever...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I wish you all the best....but rule #1 in my neighbourhood is...never grow under power lines...ever...

It's not under lines, but is seeable from air if they check out the only power lines near the field. It's not the big poles. Just regular telephone pole size.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
The electric company will use FLIR, cannabis won't appear any different to any other plant, pots will show up on FLIR.

FLIR can pick up the leaves. Cannabis leaves show up hot on FLIR. Cannabis puts off much brighter uv signal than corn and soy.

Here is a chart with the different reflective rates.
Cannabis_reflection.jpg

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi128.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fp198%2Ftseuqnoc%2FCannabis_reflection.jpg&hash=e113f8b2445cd5b9e219285c86146237

troutman

Seed Whore
They will looking at the power lines and energy discharges I bet.

It costs a lot of $$$ to fly. Trust me they won't be wasting time on anything else than that.

If in doubt, go sit in the forest away from the plants and watch them fly by.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The other day I was on my balcony - having a toke - as you do - when I saw this chopper hovering maybe 400 meters away at about 200 ft - it just sat there for about 20 minutes hovering - gawd knows what it was up to - can't have been after me - I'm not that interesting - lol (well I hope not) -

Mr. J

What's gonna happen is you're going to chop all your plants, the electric company probably won't even fly over the spot where the plants were, nobody is going to see anything and then you'll be like "WTF did I just chop all my plants for???!!!" . I guess you don't have much of a choice if it's not your land, and we all know how women like to get all worked up about nothing but it sure is a bummer to have to go and cut everything down.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
This summer I had heard reports around town that a low flying helicopter was spotted in an area close enough to my grow that I was biting fingernails. A few days later someone in town mentioned that their brother works for the electric company and they were doing power line inspection.

I personally wouldn't worry a whole lot unless your plants are right under the lines or out in the open, they have a job to get done and aren't looking for them. It's the power company not the DEA.

MedFaced

It takes a very well trained eye to spot it from the air. As far as the cameras go, I doubt they’re looking for flora anomalies. They wouldn’t have called to warn anyone if they were cannabis hunting.

If you end up cutting them down, there’s not a part of that plant that can’t be used. Hell, I’ve gotten a buzz smoking leaves off a male plant in my youth. Had no idea what I was doing obviously, but the point is you can still make lemonade.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
What's gonna happen is you're going to chop all your plants, the electric company probably won't even fly over the spot where the plants were, nobody is going to see anything and then you'll be like "WTF did I just chop all my plants for???!!!" . I guess you don't have much of a choice if it's not your land, and we all know how women like to get all worked up about nothing but it sure is a bummer to have to go and cut everything down.

I agree 100%.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Guys... I chopped. Got alot from Purple Satellite that only had another week or so.

Gave all of the two to three week old flowers to the landowners. They're happy!

I left two plants. Both short. One is one of my PurpAl x Quantum Kush cross. It's only 16" tall but had two giant 12" colas.
Also left a CBD plant.

Could have been alot worse. If I hadn't planted those 4 early finishing Purple Satellite sativas I would be very upset.

All in all.... Landowners got alot trichome covered baby buds. And they don't care what it taste like. They use leaves and all.

I got a few grocery bags full of trim for concentrate, and maybe 10 oz of bud? Not sure about the yield, because these are my first sativas, and of course they aren't as dense and heavy as my indicas.