Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Is it time to harvest?

Thread Title Search
Is it time to harvest? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2019, 06:23 AM #21
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by webwiller View Post
I think I really like this one! I'll do that! Sure...something like 1/5 - 3/5 when you "believe" their ready - 1/5 one week later. I'm not good at math but surely decent at eyeballing!

I'll update you on this one, it'll take 1 more month tough. We'll still be here anyway...
WW
20% might be a lot, I might start with 1 branch worth of buds for the early/late, but it is your weed too It helps to write stuff down I've found, no matter how much you think you will remember, you don't.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:49 AM #22
Frylock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
20% might be a lot, I might start with 1 branch worth of buds for the early/late, but it is your weed too It helps to write stuff down I've found, no matter how much you think you will remember, you don't.
I write a lot of things down as i get older, not so much about growing but everything in general....

Sometimes i read what i have written down at a later time and am shocked because i can't really remember thinking of it.

Reminds me to not underestimate myself.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:04 AM #23
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor
Quote:
LOL not considering what we do

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2019, 04:19 PM #24
haze*ekiel420

haze*ekiel420 has a spectacular aura abouthaze*ekiel420 has a spectacular aura abouthaze*ekiel420 has a spectacular aura abouthaze*ekiel420 has a spectacular aura about
Would Start to Flush too. If it takes 3 weeks what do u loose ?

Take Care
haze*ekiel420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2019, 05:30 PM #25
pop_rocks

pop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivor
Quote:
Well the thing about harvest is, only you know the high you are chasing. The high I want, isn't the high he wants, isn't the high she wants, etc. My problem is when people say, this is when to harvest, and that's the only time to harvest, and that's the final say. My recommendation is always to harvest a branch week or two early, before you normally would, harvest most of it when you think it's "ready", and leave a branch to grab a few weeks after that. That way you can compare them and find what gives the high you are chasing.
this is really good advice, especially if its your first time growing a strain out.
/plus it gives you some variety in your smoke from that single plant
pop_rocks is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2019, 04:26 AM #26
CimbaKat

CimbaKat has a spectacular aura aboutCimbaKat has a spectacular aura aboutCimbaKat has a spectacular aura aboutCimbaKat has a spectacular aura aboutCimbaKat has a spectacular aura about
I personally go by feel of the plant, as hippy as that sounds. I had a jeweler's loop but never ended up really using it, some hybrids won't go super duper amber and if that's what you want, its like moby dick running a room of hybrids which is damn near everything now a days. I say fuck it go old school. I go by bud swelling, odor and hairs changing from white to orange. If theres like 75-90% no new growth , no white hairs blasting puts calyxs then they're good for me, unlike to see cannibalizationto where I'm about to step in (on some strains), others is be how finished she looks and smells and feels. Normally when I have a mixed feeling of awww I don't wanna chop you, imma miss you... and I can't wait to taste this herb, she gonna be good. Lol
CimbaKat is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2019, 06:08 PM #27
webwiller

webwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura about
Update...

Ten days are passed and this is what things look like now:

webwiller is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2019, 06:47 PM #28
therevverend

therevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivor
It's funny despite my years of growing I still short of shrug my shoulders when people start talking about amber and clear. I've always gone by the look of the plant, how far it's proceeded into senescence, what the hairs look like, what it smells like. The color of the flowers is very important.

I'd say stick a fork in her, she's done. The desiccated brownish red hairs, the yellow spots, a few amber and mostly cloudy resin glands. Great job showing the necessary patience to wait for peak potency. I know people that would consider it a little over-done.

I tend to see things from a 'how much more does this plant want to grow' as opposed to 'have the flowers reached their peak'. It sounds foolish but it works. Once a plant stops growing the resin can only degrade. By the time you notice a change it's time to harvest.

I'd like to see a macro shot of the flower if that's possible. Looks fantastic.
therevverend is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2019, 07:53 PM #29
webwiller

webwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by therevverend View Post
It's funny despite my years of growing I still short of shrug my shoulders when people start talking about amber and clear. I've always gone by the look of the plant, how far it's proceeded into senescence, what the hairs look like, what it smells like. The color of the flowers is very important.

I'd say stick a fork in her, she's done. The desiccated brownish-red hairs, the yellow spots, a few ambers and mostly cloudy resin glands. Great job showing the necessary patience to wait for peak potency. I know people that would consider it a little over-done.

I tend to see things from a 'how much more does this plant want to grow' as opposed to 'have the flowers reached their peak'. It sounds foolish but it works. Once a plant stops growing the resin can only degrade. By the time you notice a change it's time to harvest.

I'd like to see a macro shot of the flower if that's possible. Looks fantastic.
Quote:
Stick a Fork in Her!
Lol, sounds to me like something Jeffrey Dahmer would say..hehe...

Here you are Sir, these are the ladies in evening dress:

And...

They don't look so "fantastic"...'cause I mistreated them a lot...I probably wanted to experiment each & every abuse and how much of it they can endure.
Jocking obv...but her, if these girl's herb's good, well, I must say ...
It Grows Like WEEED!

I 'm wondering...as it appears to me that growth is deadlock from about 3 weeks now...

The issue is that my mistakes made things less clear to distinguish. About 3 weeks ago the girls endured drought as I left 'em with no water for 4 days. My intent was to go through different PH's so that all nutes can easily be taken in. In doin' so I nearly killed 'em all, with as a result them losing all of their fan leaves but few smaller ones.

Not happy I decided to try to light burn them: achieved! I took it easy about adjusting the height of the light...till sugar leaves crunch like a packet of chips.

Surely this won't be remembered as my best yield....neither for my good looking plants...I hope I'll get at least some decent smoke out of it!
webwiller is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2019, 09:25 PM #30
Drewsif

Drewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by therevverend View Post
What makes a resin head milky anyway? Amber was not a thing until I joined the internet. They used to say watch the hairs back when the same people sold physical jewmedia. Also purple is magnesium deficiency lol.

We used to call amber red/brown/cbd and it was a flaw. Cbd was a derogatory term back then. I think today we'd call it CBN?
Drewsif is offline Quote