What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Guy - First Post - Guitars And Some Music

belleswell

I just joined here and this is my first post. I thought about putting it in the introduction thread, but hardly anybody reads them on other forums.

I was just going to lurk here, but after seeing a thread on guitars, and then another thread for fishing, I had to join.

I have quite a few hobbies. At the top of the list is playing guitar. I started playing in '64, took lessons for few years, and that led to gigging with a band. I gave up playing top 40 crap in the early 80s and got a real job as an electrician. I retired three years ago, moved north in Michigan to
a home I bought after retiring. It has a pond, some acreage, and I fell in love with the place when I stumbled onto the Zillow listing for the home. It had everything we ever wanted in a country home.

So among other hobbies of fishing, wildlife photography, and gardening, my number one been, and hopefully always will be, playing guitar. I started playing after seeing the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show, and have have a long list of artists and bands that have shaped my style of playing over the years. Satriani has been one of my larger influences in the last 30 years. I've attached a youtube vid of a cover I did of him. I took lessons for 3 years and have been self taught ever since.

Most of what I play and record, I'm never truly happy with as I can hear every mistake I've made, and all
of the things I could have done better or differently on a recording. I'm my own worst critic.
I usually describe anything I record in to two categories. 1. It sucks. or, 2. It sucks a less. I know that it doesn't suck, but for someone who has played for 55 years, it should be much better.

I have way too much gear, but at the same time, not enough.

Living in Michigan, I never thought I would see the day, but I'm now very happy about the recent legislation. It is a step in the right direction imo.

J

Limit of JS Guitars on the Cory Laura
HYUb9Ynh.jpg

zdJfBo0h.jpg

xsBWsqzh.jpg

KTHKLumh.jpg

At my youtube page, this is my only music vid, although I also have some short vids
of some wildlife that visit our pond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW6UK7ofXiw

Last edited:

belleswell

[YOUTUBEIF]WW6UK7ofXiw[/YOUTUBEIF][YOUTUBEIF][/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW6UK7ofXiw[/YOUTUBEIF]

Is there a way to edit ones post here? I do not see an edit button.
J

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
hello i could never figure out guitar but can hammer a djembe in a drum circle. i also love fishing no state records on my belt though. got any pics of some monsters

belleswell

hello i could never figure out guitar but can hammer a djembe in a drum circle. i also love fishing no state records on my belt though. got any pics of some monsters

I have been dethroned on both of my state records, but am still the only guy with
two records. My name is still in the DNR archived records for fish. Both of my state
records were caught accidentally while fishing for other species. The whitefish was
caught fishing in the surf of Lake Michigan at St. Joe/Benton Harbor back in the early
90's. We were after steelhead which we had a great day with releasing a couple dozen, and still
leaving with our limit. The whitefish was just just a lucky catch. The black bullhead prior state
record was also caught accidentally while fishing bluegills at Sleepy Hollow (Lake Ovid). Still, both
of these fish put me in the record books, and no other angler in my state is in there twice.
Bragging rights.

J

Here are some pics

25 lbs combined on these two walleyes
b26Bcsnh.jpg

State record whitefish *prior 13 lb. 4 oz
EqbKoQlh.jpg

I've been trolling on Lake Michigan since the late 60's and I'm quite good at it.
Here are some Chinook aka King salmon caught trolling Lake Michigan. The big ones
are just over 30 lbs. They average 15 to 20 nowadays,with a few occasionally bigger,
but 30 lb fish are very rare these days. This pic is from '92. I now have a 20' Lund Pro V rigged
for every type of fishing one can do in Michigan. The boat is a stud. I also have a baby Lund 12', and a
canoe.
b26Bcsnh.jpg

Some brown trout from my younger days. Big one is almost 15 lbs.
dREvg4Zh.jpg

Some steelhead (rainbow trout). The one I'm holding onto in the top pic
is my personnel best caught surf fishing with 2 lb test leaders. I have caught my largest
trolling which was over 22 lbs, but it was caught on 12 lb test and I had a boat to chase it
down with. This one I caught surf fishing weighed 17 lbs 4 oz and with two lb test and running out
into the surf a few times to avoid being spooled. This 17 lb fish caught surf fishing is much more
a trophy. Nice trout

AcN7V6vh.jpg

belleswell

I wish there was a way to edit ones post. The walleye pics above posted twice and I tried to change it in the preview but it apparently did not work. Here is the pic of the King salmon that should have been in the above post.

J

XyCdbYVh.jpg

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Welcome to icmag!

You can edit your post once you reach 50 posts.

Those are some successful fishing trips right there nice work!

I play guitar as well. Custom made tele and strat.

Latest posts

Latest posts