What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test Seeds - Bubba reunited

D

dutch-boy

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]security sorry [/FONT]

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks dutch-boy!

just to clarify the genetics, Bubba Reunited is a fem cross of the Katsu and the pre-98 bubba clones.

Katsu Bubba Kush x Pre-98 Bubba Kush (reversed)

very excited to see what we get from this

happy new year to all!

VG

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sounds like a damn fine cross Verdant Green.

Can’t wait to see what becomes of the fine gals.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi dutchboy, thanks for the update. On the whole, inbred lines such as bubba will not be as vigorous as genetically diverse crosses and poly-hybrids.
bubba kush seeds have quite a tough seed coat and can be a bit slower to germinate, but the main reason in this case would be that the seeds are very new, only a few weeks from being harvested, and that also slows down the germination. it is best to let seeds dry/cure for a couple of months at least, and the germination rates improve for the first year or more.
this was a very small batch of tester seeds i made, literally only a dozen or so, i shall try the rest of them at some point and then make a proper batch of seeds if the test grows look promising.

VG

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no worries dutchboy, have you given up on the other two seeds? well 4 should give us an idea if this cross is worth making a proper batch for retail. I will myself likely try the remaining half dozen seeds from this tester batch in a few weeks.

cheers

VG

D

dutch-boy

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]security sorry [/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Dutchboy, they seem to be recovering ok from topping. Indicas like this do not really like being topped when grown from seed, but as you say it can be necessary if you want to be sure of getting a cutting.

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts