What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hick in the sticks: a continuous tale of seed pop'n, pollen chuck'n,& bud grow'n!

COgrowerco

I've really enjoyed this thread Hicksticky. I commend you on your results using CFL's. You have some amazing genetics on hand.

hicksticky

Still at large...
busy busy

busy busy

hey all I'v been very busy this week, I made up two cabs 4' x 2.5' x 7' so that I have can devote my lg. room just to flower.
These will be for vegging and clones but if the mood takes me I could empty out them and flower.
Right now I have Khalisi and bs kush clones in them and soon some new seedlings....
IMG_20141120_121907_661_zps756d1413.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

clones just TP, they were cramped in their solo's, now they have plenty of room. each compartment has 3 ft of clearance so they should be nice and big when read to go into flower.
As of right now I have 3 sets of 4' t-8's with a capacity of 6, I am how ever planing on up grading to HOT-5 for the cabs once I am done upgrading my flower room.
IMG_20141120_121931_289_zpsb1d31ef1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

hicksticky

Still at large...
ahh shit fucking mother F'ing dumb ass :wallbash: (talking to myself)
So been very busy, well I been juggling a ton of stuff one being starting some beans, 4 w. lotus, 4 Elephant stompers, 4 Lui x g13.
so last night i was playing catch up and planting the beans that sprouted tails, all the Lui's were planted and I was planning on doing the rest well it got late and I passed out.
woke up check on the ones that didnt get planted and the water/paper coffee filters dried up while the beans were in them....... one of the W. lotus's had a tail which dried up, so i threw them back in water, seemed to help the tail that was shriveled started to come back..

wounder if they will be ok, only dried for 8hrs or so will they bounce back, time will tell.

Thinking I might double up on them and start some more...

Useful Idiot

Veteran
hey all I'v been very busy this week, I made up two cabs 4' x 2.5' x 7' so that I have can devote my lg. room just to flower.
These will be for vegging and clones but if the mood takes me I could empty out them and flower.
Right now I have Khalisi and bs kush clones in them and soon some new seedlings....
[URL="http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y433/hicksticky/IMG_20141120_121907_661_zps756d1413.jpg"]View Image[/URL]]View Image[/url]

clones just TP, they were cramped in their solo's, now they have plenty of room. each compartment has 3 ft of clearance so they should be nice and big when read to go into flower.
As of right now I have 3 sets of 4' t-8's with a capacity of 6, I am how ever planing on up grading to HOT-5 for the cabs once I am done upgrading my flower room.
[URL="http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y433/hicksticky/IMG_20141120_121931_289_zpsb1d31ef1.jpg"]View Image[/URL]]View Image[/url]
Them theres some funny ass lookin blueberry plants right there Hick. Where did you buy em???:biggrin:

Former Guest

I think it will bounce back hick. if you really wanna keep it and money isn't a biggie, you could try a microbe inoculant. roll her tail in the powder or drop some liquid in there and try again :) I heard trichoderma is great for starting seeds as a seed soak.

hicksticky

Still at large...
I think it will bounce back hick. if you really wanna keep it and money isn't a biggie, you could try a microbe inoculant. roll her tail in the powder or drop some liquid in there and try again :) I heard trichoderma is great for starting seeds as a seed soak.
Thank LLB, yeah it sux and is not the norm for me, usualy I'm on the ball, I do have Azo?? something, good idea I will try it :biggrin:.

its just they were a gift and I want to do right by them, that and I hear great thing about White Lotus.....................if they dont pull through I will pop some more that and the elephant stompers plus a few others

Former Guest

azo should be just fine I would think. microbes are magic :D water it in of it's planted or put some on the tail and do what you were doing, you're a smart fella. you'll know what's best. I don't know exactly how well it works as I used it on baby roots coming out of cuttings with a bottled trichoderma AN brand. didn't do any harm as that was more my fault if anything a long time ago.

hicksticky

Still at large...
azo should be just fine I would think. microbes are magic :D water it in of it's planted or put some on the tail and do what you were doing, you're a smart fella. you'll know what's best. I don't know exactly how well it works as I used it on baby roots coming out of cuttings with a bottled trichoderma AN brand. didn't do any harm as that was more my fault if anything a long time ago.

Thanks LLB, I've realy just started using such products and they were sample at that.......but I do see the bennies some what.
Like most of us I am still a learnin :biggrin: and always welcome the chance.

hicksticky

Still at large...
A little update on my pop'n,
5- booglegums
5- killer queen x shit
5- blue satellite

yes, I'm glutton for punishment. But it should kick me in the ass and get shit (rooms) finished.

The Khalisi's along with the "bs kush" are doing great, nearing the end I have started the flush. They are nice and solid which I did have concerns with the cfl's but no more........ in the future I wont have any reservations about cfl's, they have proven that it is possible to get a nice result for less $.
Not saying I'm going strictly cfl, I do want to dabble a little with LED's and of coarse HID's for larger rooms.

I'll get some pics up tonite once the lights come on :dance013:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Whats goin on over here Hick?? I see ya getting it on with some more seed sproutin. Nice!! Just thought I would pop in an say high. Have you been thinkin about a stadium setup?? :biggrin:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Whats goin on over here Hick?? I see ya getting it on with some more seed sproutin. Nice!! Just thought I would pop in an say high. Have you been thinkin about a stadium setup?? :biggrin:
Yes, I have, I'm think on doing a stadium on the far back wall (end), trying to fit 3 times the population in that area...........but I might incorporate it along the sides as well.
I'm playing the hand I was dealt lol and the room, I still hand water and probably always will so I have to make sure I can at leased get to the pots.......5' wide is whats killing the space but like I said its what I got, I think I might draw something up and post it...... think of the room like a sheet of ply wood but only a foot wider, thats what I'm dealing with......

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Gawdang! Im late again.

Girls are looking mighty fine Hick. Youre a bean poppin machine man. Good luck with your testers too. Hopefully yours get you something good.

hicksticky

Still at large...
Gawdang! Im late again.

Girls are looking mighty fine Hick. Youre a bean poppin machine man. Good luck with your testers too. Hopefully yours get you something good.

Not late, right on time man.:tiphat:
Ya pop'n and drop'n, like its my job.....lol
I made up some cabs and wouldnt you know it they are too empty, gotta do something about it and seed is the only resource for me at the moment.

pop it like its hot, pop it like its hot.. so says the snoop dogg lol:biggrin:

sry I downed a gal. of coffee, and I'm off and going hahaha