What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hick in the sticks: a continuous tale of seed pop'n, pollen chuck'n,& bud grow'n!

hicksticky

Still at large...
Hey All, How's it grow'n!?!

Welcome to all, come on in.

My name is hicksticky, Hick works too. I've been reaping the benifits from this wonderful plant for 20+ years, but as of late I have been trying to take it to the next level with the cultivation aspect, where as in the past I would grow once in awhile by just getting what ever seed and grow it, chop it, smoke it. Never keeping the stand outs, but I hope that all changes now with legalization and all that I am trying to do which includes but not limited to growing, testing, cloning, keeping mothers and daddys, along with some breeding(pollen chucking).

So that is what this thread is for, to highlight the areas that are not by tests that I do or diary's. Pretty much everything I got going on in my grow.
Also to give and get feed back from my peers, I dont know it all and never will but I awake everyday open to learn new and old things.

Please feel free to join in, converse, post pics..... what ever ya like but lets keep it clean and fun! :biggrin:

Good Luck and Karma to all, Hick

Last edited:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Here a "purple melon" (locally dubbed).
Named for its stank of fruity melon and of coarse its color that it takes on later in the season. It has acclimated to northern climate where it finishes in late Sept.- early Oct. with a large amount of "crystallizing", nice and frosty. Mold resistant.
Also turns very dark purple as it matures and even more so with the cold temp.'s we receive. Medium+ producer. It has a nice stone to it, more of a day smoke for me. All around kinda med. It helps with pain and keeps me active at the same time. You could also take it longer and get that couch lock if one was inclined :biggrin:
IMG_0772_zpsdbf02eb5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0777_zpsdede2d53.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

...............so I had a grow bud run this and few others, one being a NL/Skunk male.......... well his timing was off and that males done what he came to do and busted on a couple girls this one, B. Hawaiian, and a Blue Dream, so thats one of many i plan on popping this winter/spring.
[/SIZE]

hicksticky

Still at large...
White Rhino, seed came from a bag that was phenomenal got 3 seeds this is the only one that cracked.
Nice med.s, couch lock able and if vegged right can produce great.

I have in a reveg attempt hopfully to mother her and seed some clones.
(winter project- if the reveg takes)
IMG_20141007_184553_842_zps60c1d308.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Butterscotch Hawaiian, got this one as a clone. She kinda stays at a medium stature but the node spacing make it all cola, this one got dirty as well with the NL/Skunk which was a nice structured stanky plant. He out stunk everything around him very pungent skunk/fuelly pine smell.
So I hope that the structure and smells get brought the party with this crossing.
I just popped 4 of them, see soon enough.
20140928_182549_zps99008fb2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Heres a new girl that i got from some good smoke, some kinda cheezy kush.
I call it "whA'chA'cAll'It, now aka bs kush. Threw it in soil on a whim, has a strong odor all through veg, very vigorous. This is her topped once and in wk1 flower.
Khalisiinflowerwk1006_zpsfb62e5bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

hicksticky

Still at large...
All long with my own endeavors, I also throw my hat in the ring for testing.
I am currently testing Khalisi (sanctuary gardens).
Khalisi is BC depot's "the purps" (male) X Jihad a PNW affy cut.
Here she is @ 3wks flower.
khalisiflowerwk3001_zpscc5e3234.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I also flowered out two Khalisi males for pollen, they both follow their sisters in structure and smell.( peppery/hashy and fruity)
EllieampJaxenoct003_zpsda298c77.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I have a feeling that these are staying in my grow for a good long while.

Another that I am testing is a breeding done by OJD of connoisseur genetics, New York Cookies X Freak (AG13hazeXGSC)
1 wk from seed.
NYCxFreakwk2veg001_zps726eb597.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
See if I find a nice pheno or two, and a male as well.

So its safe to say I am busy busy, on top of those I am also popping some:

Train Wreck- 6

B. hawaiian X NL/Skunk- 4

Sugar Black Rose 4-6

The over all plan is to run the tests and hunt through some of my stock for some goodies.
I want a nice TW, SBR, to dust with Khalisi pollen along with dusting some of the clones of the four Khalisi pheno's, so I have a private stash of this limited gem. :yummy:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Hey Cougartex, me too! :biggrin:

Thanks Unregistered190 I thought it was catchy.

Welcome TheRealHash the more the better.

Alright so I was up late last night knocking up whAchAcAllIt with Khalisi pollen, and trying to improve my tec.

So this is what I came to: I take a straw cut it down, melt the end to make a holster for my males spunk and a Q-tip then I tape the straw with the pollen and Q-tip inside a zip lock baggie.

Next I prep the branch getting the goods and place, seal, and tape the bag around the said branch. I am able to navigate the Q-tip around in the bag from the outside, so to lessen the possibility of accidental pollination.
pollenating001_zpsee34326d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

whAchAcAllIt @ 3wks flower
pollenating005_zps8dbfb0e9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Heres a Khalisi bud @3wks flower, becoming one of my fav.'s with nice structure, frostiness, purp/pink colors (coming on), and a grape/fruity candy along with peppery hashy smells.
pollenating006_zps0ca62187.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Heres some Khalisi @ wk 4 flower.
I am really liking how they all are frosting and bulking up
nov92014068_zps90ca2d6c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
nov92014062_zpsfbdab9db.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
nov92014060_zpse74ccc80.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
nov92014067_zpsc1ab5202.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

four weeks to go, give or take.
a couple are already pulling the center stake over.............might have to though a couple more in lol :biggrin:

Former Guest

I really enjoyed the Jihad parentage I had in a cut I first grew :D had a very incense floral flavor just very unique and delish!! I can still remember it.....

hicksticky

Still at large...
Speaking of genetics I've been popping some old and new beans........ well the new (Hawaiian X nl/skunk) got right down to business, they cracked with in 36hrs and are making their way up though the soil.

Well thats the good, now as for the older beans TW, SBR they soaked for an extra day and been in a coffee filter (organic lol) for 3 days slowly starting to see some crack.................... ah these old beans :wallbash: that and they were kinda under developed.

Kicking myself, but had to roll with what I got, just sucks to take up space on an unsure thing :dunno: All I know they came from some good smoke :kos:

so if you been following you know I got this girl in the flower room that I started from bag seed "whAchAcAllIt"................dont know what it is, a kush i think. I been recently geting a nice coffee smell from her, along with her usual stank. ( I am horrible at the moment for finding the name of smells, working on it though). Dont help I smoke ciggs, the plan is to quit, hard to do I was raise to not be a quitter .......lol

Last edited:

HillBilly1

Veteran
I did follow lol but all the damn pills they have me on
i can get up and forget why i got up HAHAHA Ya know
what i am talking about???

hicksticky

Still at large...
So, whats in the whAchAcAllIt ?
lol I dont really know, I got it out of a bag of something kush, it was good....... didnt look/smoke like it was taken all the way.
So I sad F it, at the same time I had chipmunks get in and eat some of my Khalisi testers.
shes doing really well, nice fuely pungent smell in veg/flower and now coffee.............so I can only guess