What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your GUITAR !

So excited about my new xmas guitar! it is a luna, which I've never really hear of until just recently. http://www.lunaguitars.com/acousticproduct/gypsyparlor.php

it is acoustic only, does have a built in tuner which is something I've never had (or needed much) but that could really be useful too!! It is the easiest guitar I've ever played, velvety smooth, elegant, gorgeous guitar. Great tone and every note sounds right. I used to have to tune my guitar in a "special" way so that the most chords would be right. haha!! My boyfriend definitely made up for some lost ground with this thoughtful gift ;) He even surprised me late night xmas eve with it. Welcome Home new guitar, I love you!

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I received a Baby Taylor for christmas, and my wife got a 29 string Celtic harp, it'll be a musical new year at our house.

chappie

Veteran
Yeah the strings can indeed jump on the jaguar, but its not really a guitar for aggressive playing. Its pickups are pretty "cool", so no hammertap shredding. Its probably not a good primary guitar for most people, though it fills its niche - growly surf/twang/garage rock very well. I love playing it with flatwounds.

Lots and lots of very nice axes ya'll.

My primary guitar is a Blueridge BR70 acoustic, I also have a vintage 1979 Epiphone scroll 450 series electric that is absolutely mint, and last an old Guild 212 acoustic 12 string model.

Baba Ku

Veteran
My favorite to play is an Applause 6 six string (korean ovation).
I have a Yamaha 6 string that I will hand to friends when over.
I rarely electrify, but when I do I have an old PeaVey T60 and a transistor amp made by Pyle.
The only vintage that I own is a '63 ES125 that I put a tall nut on and play slide with it.
Pop has a very cherry '69 Hummingbird

Hey Baba, I remember the T-60's. I played one my friend purchased in 1979. Like my Epiphone natural maple finish and HEAVY to hold.

basspirate

Ernie Ball Musicman 5 string bass, Epi SG five string

Christopher 7/8 (orchestral size) Double Bass/Finale Carbon Fiber German Bow

Cordoba and Yamaha classical guitars

Life stings without some strings...

A Farmerr

I play on a Baby Taylor with the mahogany top and a Classic Player Baja Telecaster. Two really nice guitars, not too expensive nor fancy but with a great bang :)

lobsterbush

SAM_0022.jpg

Sold the Epi goldtop and bought a Taylor 114e.

A Farmerr

yeah real nice guitars there man. Is the acoustic on the top right the Taylor 114e?

Skunk Kid: agreed, telecasters are real nice instruments and beautiful too :)

lobsterbush

The Taylor isn't in the pic, the top right acoustic is an old Epi and the one on the right is a cheapie Fender DG7 that I use as a beater.

Skunk Kid

Skunk Kid: agreed, telecasters are real nice instruments and beautiful too :)

yes they are indeed, there may be allot of ''nicer'' guitars out there but for some reason i have never played one that feels better then my tele does, it just feels like home haha i'm sure everyone just get used to playing there own guitar so much that something different just doesn't feel right maybe thats the case.

A Farmerr

lobsterbush : Ok thanks for the reply. May I ask which one is yer favorite guitar? :)

Skunk Kid: I agree, but sometimes there is like a, introduction time when you buy a new axe. Hehe did I get that right? English is not my native, well I mean if a guitar don't feel that good in the beginning maybe after a while messing around with it you will appreciate it more.

lobsterbush

My american strat is by far my favorite (the purple one). Everything that a strat should be comfy, super versatile and bullet-proof. :joint:

bigghead

just bought a ltd worn strat $300. plays like silk,sounds like a strat. i have 17 guitars now. so many low price great guitars around now. hagstrom,agile,prestige,seagull. check out acemate. com. the prestige lp standard with seymour duncan pickups and case $640. stunning. will put most $3000 gibsons lps to shame.

Grimr3efer

I own 5 guitars. 1 bass 3 Electrics and 1 acoustic electric. Dream guitar is 58 stratocaster.
My favorite is my Warwick 4 string neck through body. Then my 60th anniversary. Strat (American). Then my fender acoustic. I love em. They take me to my favorite place (away from reality).