Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Is it time to harvest?

Thread Title Search
Is it time to harvest? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2019, 03:12 PM #1
webwiller

webwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura about
Question Is it time to harvest?

Hi there!

Yep...after a rich "plateau" of mistakes, after my girls went through an underwatering resistance game, nutes burn, light burn, improper training, amusing Gnats & God only knows what I'm leaving out...it's approaching harvest time!

The tough question at this point is...how the heck am I supposed to guess when it's the best time to harvest?

Well, I did some research and apparently few clear trichomes, most of them milky and amber pistils would be the all-in-one recipe that tells me harvest time is here.

From theory to practice things are not tremendously obvious, therefore I'm here to ask you if what I see corresponds or not to the description above (and nonetheless IF the description above actually IS correct and indicates the best time to harvest the buds).

Armed with a digital scope (Plugable 250x Digital Scope, nothing fancy, if wondering) I took 2 specimens: one from a lower site bud, the second one from one of the main colas.

Here the pics, feel free to shower opinions do's & don't and whatever you like to add to the cake!

Here we go:

Pic#1 Lower Bud Site:

Pic#2 Other lower bud site:

Pic#3 Main colas bud site:

Pic#4 Main colas bud site:

Pic#5 Same Pic as #4 but different lightning:

Thanks for sharing your master,
WW
webwiller is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:16 PM #2
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor
At a minimum, when all trikes are cloudy. You still have many clr ones.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:23 PM #3
Chevy cHaze
Out Of Dankness Cometh Light

Chevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant future
I would agree to what I'm back said. Still too many clear ones.
Wait for more milky overall and at that time you'll most likely also have some already going amber which is the sign it's at the end of it's life cycle and time to harvest the ladies.
CC

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

Old 08-22-2019, 01:43 AM #4
webwiller

webwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb Flush Time?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy cHaze View Post
I would agree to what I'm back said. Still too many clear ones.
Wait for more milky overall and at that time you'll most likely also have some already going amber which is the sign it's at the end of it's life cycle and time to harvest the ladies.
CC
Many thanks!
In your experience (question open to anyone) how much longer should it take?

I'm not in a hurry but I wonder when to begin the H2Only for the flush...

Thanks!

WW

Old 08-22-2019, 06:21 AM #5
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by webwiller View Post
Many thanks!
In your experience (question open to anyone) how much longer should it take?

I'm not in a hurry but I wonder when to begin the H2Only for the flush...

Thanks!

WW
Now that's the M $ question. It is all plant dependent (strain) how quick they finish. Use the breeder's info to ball park them and go from there.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

Old 08-22-2019, 07:07 AM #6
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
I don't have anything helpful, but I like your pics!
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is online now Quote

Old 08-22-2019, 07:56 AM #7
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Best guesstimation, 2+ weeks. You can start with water only. Most mediums have enough reserve....you'll be diluting any nutrient build up.

Nice shots as agent said!!

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2019, 01:34 PM #8
webwiller

Talking You sureeee?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
I don't have anything helpful, but I like your pics!
How come you "don't have anything"... not true!
A good laugh is something! LOL!
Thanks mate!

WW

Old 08-23-2019, 01:53 PM #9
webwiller

Thumbs up Ohhhh...Thankssss!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridbud View Post
Best guesstimation, 2+ weeks. You can start with water only. Most mediums have enough reserve....you'll be diluting any nutrient build up.

Nice shots as agent said!!
At Last!!!
I do understand that plants aren't math or engineer... but what I was after is just a simple "educated guess" from experienced growers! Thanks for the compliments but I didn't do much really, I just mouse-clicked, the rest was the Scope's "piece".

Now I got it! I'm giggling happily! He he!

For the record, I was sooo stoned (stoned-born, no need for "extras", I wish I did tough! Had an excuse, ha!) that I messed up the plants and I'm not 100% positive about which DOB is which. They are 5 days apart...but considering these 5 days tolerance, this should be the 9th week and by the book (the seed bank strain-description) they should be ready in 9-10 weeks from sprouting.

WW

Old 08-23-2019, 02:08 PM #10
Frylock

My harvest window is pretty much 'whenever i feel like it' these days

I used to get impatient and harvest a little early sometimes and then i overdid it and became a bit of a 'i know i should harvest now but i'll give it another day' which turned into another day and another day.

Eventually it just became when i'm satisfied with the look and smell- i chop.

5 members found this post helpful.