Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Sugar Water Flush

Thread Title Search    
Click to Buy BOG Seeds!
 Sugar Water Flush Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 05:07 AM   #1
keetypoo420

keetypoo420 is on a distinguished road
Sugar Water Flush

One of my buddies said that using sugar water instead of regular water to flush plants in creases yield and improves taste... any truth to this? I usually doubt advice from him
keetypoo420 jest offline   Quote

Old 03-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
toshphan

toshphan is on a distinguished road
Flushing with water containg molasses (cheleating agent) is beneficial because it pulls a lot of the built up salts out of the plant and the soil.
improving taste? i dont see how the taste of the bud relates to sugar in the soil. taste is mainly affected by genetics, ripeness and trimming.
increased yield? idk about that, probably more so for a soil grow.

The sugar (molasses, sweet) isnt directly used by the plant! Remember the good old chloroplasts are making sugar for the plant, so they don't need it directly themselves. On the other hand, the microbial life of the soil NEEDS carbohydrates
toshphan jest offline   Quote

Old 03-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #3
420guy

420guy is on a distinguished road
just another growers myth...most experiments done with sugars have failed...and it certainly won't increase your yield...stay safe

Reality is a precious commodity
420guy jest offline   Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
[db]

[db] will become famous soon enough
It's a myth. Plants do not absorb sugar, they produce it from chlorophyll.

Sugar can be helpful for us in other way of use - to determine vigor plants in their childhood.
Dissolve sugar in water and put seeds to germinate in it. Plants have different inner pressure in sterms. Only the strongest plants will germinate in sugar solution.
Then change the water and other seeds will germinate as usual.
[db] jest offline   Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 11:18 PM   #5
kovenant
aka GREENMAN

kovenant will become famous soon enoughkovenant will become famous soon enough
regular store-bought cane sugar, disolved in water during the final flush - may or may not be a myth... im not gonna argue that one

molasses, or any of the molasses based 'sweetening' additives you:
Quote:
SWEET LEAF

· Flower-boosting
Organic Energy
When Plants Need
it Most

· Crops Taste and
Smell Like Candy

· Adds Size and
Weight to Harvest

Back in the 1960's and 70's, Colombian farmers spiked crops with sugar, cinnamon, honey, vanilla and other flavorings. Five years ago Advanced Nutrients scientists began extensive studies of how organic carbohydrates, sugars and other natural substances sweeten crop taste and enlarge harvest yield.

We tested Sweet Leaf in all types of hydroponics gardens and had the crops taste-tested by picky consumers who are also hydroponics growers.

We conducted blind taste tests with growers who can tell what variety a flower is just by smelling it.

Our testers consistently said flowers grown with Sweet Leaf had an irresistible aroma, tasted like candy, cured faster, had far less rot and other disease, stored better, were larger, and were more potent.
now... its a product. and im not naive. and any company that makes a product (Advanced Nutrients, in this case) is always going to say alot in their marketing... to sell their product.

that doesnt discount the scientific research they put into it. and molasses is a major ingredient in these harvest sweetening products. i use it, and i personally see a difference. i see it in trich production, i smell it, and i taste it. in fact, this grow im going into a 10 day flush tonight - and going to flush with Final Phase & Molasses.

Caregiver and patient in 100% compliance with PROP 215 and SB420
kovenant jest offline   Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 12:46 AM   #6
Mr.Pyrex
604 To the 416

Mr.Pyrex will become famous soon enough
so everytime you flush do you mix in molasses? or more towards the end of flushing do you add it in, im curious because i wanna try it on one plant and not the other i have two identical,

also how much molasses per litre of water should i be using?
Mr.Pyrex jest offline   Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 03:22 AM   #7
budvapor

budvapor is on a distinguished road
i've read one tsp per gallon in a few places.

i also just read about cutting the plant down before the lights come on. apparently nutrients migrate to the roots during lights off, and into the leaves during lights on. cutting the plant down before the lights are on means there's less stuff to break down during curing!
budvapor jest offline   Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #8
kovenant
aka GREENMAN

yes 1 tsp per gallon is a general rule. i've known some who do 2 tsp per gallon. i myself usually do 1/2 tsp per gallon throughout flower - yes, adding more each time i do a res change... and for the grand finale - during flush (which i began tonight on my trainwreck ladies) i mixed in 1 tsp per gallon along with Final Phase... going to run them at least 5 days... but possibly up to 10.

budvapor ->thanks for that info. dunno how it true it is, but it sounds logical. maybe ill try it

Old 09-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #9
stonedeconomist

there is a great thread in the organics section about using molasses.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=32180

Last edited by stonedeconomist; 09-21-2007 at 10:10 AM..

Old 09-21-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
NiteTiger
Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...

NiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivor
I think you guys mean 1 tbsp per gallon. I use it every flower, gives the plant some free carbs while they're not getting any nutes during the flush.

kingjobber - This hash just uncentered my chi

Growing cannabis is only as complicated and expensive as you want it to be.

Current Grow:
Knowledge

Guides:
Diatomaceous Earth - The Best Pesticide You've Never Heard Of
Pontiac's DIY Link-O-Rama
Unofficial Glossary for New Growers
The Water Cure- How, when, and why
How to remove 'HPS Orange' quick and easy!
NiteTiger jest offline   Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #11
kovenant
aka GREENMAN

well, 1tsp / gallon is what ive heard several times... but ill go with you on this one NT - because i believe you'd know better than me

thanks for your input. maybe i should up my dosage!

btw - do you flush with a rinse like Final Phase, or just water + molasses?

Old 09-22-2007, 05:33 PM   #12
NiteTiger
Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...

NiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivorNiteTiger is a survivor
Just water + molasses

kingjobber - This hash just uncentered my chi

Growing cannabis is only as complicated and expensive as you want it to be.

Current Grow:
Knowledge

Guides:
Diatomaceous Earth - The Best Pesticide You've Never Heard Of
Pontiac's DIY Link-O-Rama
Unofficial Glossary for New Growers
The Water Cure- How, when, and why
How to remove 'HPS Orange' quick and easy!
NiteTiger jest offline   Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #13
kovenant
aka GREENMAN

i had run RO water + Final Phase + Molasses (1 tsp/gallon) when i initiated my flush... ran for 7 days

i had flakes (kind of like fish-food flakes) that were brown and all different sizes - some quite large... like 1" x 1/8". drained the system, filled 1/4 the res and drained again... completely. then cleaned out any flakes left behind in the res with a rag.

running RO water + Molasses for 3 more days (no Final Phase)... its day 2 for this process - so im chopping the girls tomorrow evening.

ill report back with my results after its dried and cured.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:09 AM   #14
DIGITALHIPPY

DIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovenant
regular store-bought cane sugar, disolved in water during the final flush - may or may not be a myth... im not gonna argue that one

molasses, or any of the molasses based 'sweetening' additives you:

now... its a product. and im not naive. and any company that makes a product (Advanced Nutrients, in this case) is always going to say alot in their marketing... to sell their product.

that doesnt discount the scientific research they put into it. and molasses is a major ingredient in these harvest sweetening products. i use it, and i personally see a difference. i see it in trich production, i smell it, and i taste it. in fact, this grow im going into a 10 day flush tonight - and going to flush with Final Phase & Molasses.

that only applies untill the last week or 2.... SUGAR is what your trying to FLUSH OUT of the plant, it makes it burn slow, unconsistant, and gives it a harsh taste.
idealy you want to smoke aslittle of the plant matter as possible, if its hollow leaf structre then your goign to taste THE TRICHOMES / oil glands that GET US HIGH, rather then smokeing SUGAR ENCRUSTED plantmatter with resin on it.

i happen to use sweetleaf i like your referance, it works the best when you start using it 2-3 weeks BEFORE flower starts.
screw LUCAS forumla! were not in the 70's anymore!!!

Grow(s)
whole lot of growing! 2 3600w grows! 4 light movers 350+ plants all done!
my OG thread thread 5 runs loged in here.
333 chemdog DD's! RES's super run!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123986
watercooled rooms!8800 watts!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post2848284

Construction

The 5 minute fix for lightproofing window A/C's

Quote:
Originally Posted by treewizard View Post
We need these in every major city. One more weapon to overgrow the system.
DIGITALHIPPY jest offline   Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 04:15 AM   #15
kovenant
aka GREENMAN

DigitalHippy -> so no molasses during the flush? now i feel like an idiot. i did a 10 day flush. first 7 were with AN's Final Phase + molasses. last 3 were just RO water + molasses.

gah.

im going to go drain and add RO water to run for the rest of the night because tomorrow morn is harvest time