What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Grower questions

CoolerKing

After many years I have finally found myself in a position where Im able to grow my own smoke. My resources and space are somewhat limited at the moment so I had to find an option that fit both. After some research I decided on this setup. It consists of a 35-¾” tall, 19” deep and 25-¾” wide Sterilite cabinet, a 6400k 125 watt CFL, and 2 computer fans (intake and exhaust). For my first grow I got some kush bagseed (because it was on hand) and planted them in a potting soil containing compost, top soil, sand, and perlite.

Now about 3 weeks I have 8 pots going, of which 7 have germinated as shown here...

Ive been watering with distilled water about once a day, checking about a half inch below the surface to see whether or not any moisture was present.

I know I'll need to start adding some nutrients soon, but again my resources are limited and Im not in a position to buy any all-in-one products online. I have a bag of blood meal and bone meal but I can get others from a big box store (Walmart, Lowes, etc..). Ive spent the last few days trying to research this issue but keep reading recommendations for products not available to me at this time. So Ive decided to come to ICMag for critique and advice. I would welcome any all constructive criticism or advice with this set up and my nutrient situation. I do know that because of space limitations I'll probably have to LST them at a certain height.

Here are some other pics of my set up that might give more clarity...

Thanks for any advice or help you fine folks can give!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your light is ok at this stage but...

Here's my plants after just 3 weeks

View attachment 262077

Sooner than you can imagine, you will soon be burning leafs, and where are you going to put the rest of the plants as only one will fill that space

You might consider my method (see sig) which allows me to grow in 1 liter Air Pots

CoolerKing

Your light is ok at this stage but...

Here's my plants after just 3 weeks

View attachment 262077

Sooner than you can imagine, you will soon be burning leafs, and where are you going to put the rest of the plants as only one will fill that space

You might consider my method (see sig) which allows me to grow in 1 liter Air Pots

Thanks for your input. Your setup looks nice, however I am not ready to try a hydro setup right now. This is my first attempt and Im trying to keep it as simple as I can. As for burning the leaves, it actually stays pretty cool inside, and when it comes to foliar feeding I will be rotating the pots around to the outside to prevent and "magnifying glass" effect the water droplets may generate (i.e only spraying the pots on the edge and then moving them around later in the day to spray the others). I think the size of the space will be fine though. I started with 8 because Im planning on at least half being male and they will be gone once they start showing any characteristics. So along with LSTing the remaining females (which I will begin flowering at about 10 inches) I dont see how the size of the space would be inadequate for more than one plant, especially seeing all the computer case setups I looked at. I still need some advice with nutrients though. As I said I have a bag of blood meal and bone meal, though I still need something with potassium in it and Im stuck with whatever I can pick up at a Walmart or Lowes at the moment.

Latest posts

Latest posts