What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Commercial Resevoir Management

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
Using those Pico manifolds in a room with 10 4x8 tables is the riddle i need to figure out.

I hear ya. A couple more pumps maybe. Hand water and build each manifold at your leisure until you get ten done, lol. You got a lot of work on your hands. I would go nuts managing that much. Good luck and happy growing...

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
I can't see any pics either.

But yeah man, you need to get automated.
Sounds like you're breaking your back over there.
Work smart, not hard!

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you checked out Blumats? I'm on a much smaller scale, but I use blumats with self-topping reservoirs, and the only thing I have to do is make sure that the big reservoir stays full enough. If you use elevated reservoirs feeding the blumats, you can run a relatively small supply line from the main rez and set it up so that the overflow from the elevated rez just drains back to the main rez. This way you don't have to worry about float switches, timing, forgetting you are filling, etc, etc - you just kick the pump on at intervals that will keep the smaller rez's full, and run it long enough to be sure that you have filled them.

Blumats would also vastly simplify your drain issue. Lots of ways to go with that, depending on your ability to tie into the sewer plumbing or simply catch it and fire a warning light when a float switch tells you that it's time to check things out.

Have you checked out Blumats? I'm on a much smaller scale, but I use blumats with self-topping reservoirs, and the only thing I have to do is make sure that the big reservoir stays full enough. If you use elevated reservoirs feeding the blumats, you can run a relatively small supply line from the main rez and set it up so that the overflow from the elevated rez just drains back to the main rez. This way you don't have to worry about float switches, timing, forgetting you are filling, etc, etc - you just kick the pump on at intervals that will keep the smaller rez's full, and run it long enough to be sure that you have filled them.

Blumats would also vastly simplify your drain issue. Lots of ways to go with that, depending on your ability to tie into the sewer plumbing or simply catch it and fire a warning light when a float switch tells you that it's time to check things out.

blumats sound interesting. ill look into them

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
My pix should be showing now in the previous posts. I had my album set private, duh.