What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First grow! (Pics inside)

What we have here, is the first grow that i am leading. I've had my hand in a couple before, and i had to set this all up with a fairly small budget. Fairly small room, in total it's 11x8 with a 6 1/2 ft ceiling.

I have it sectioned off with a makeshift wall (budget build) made out of Plywood and a panda-film zipper door. 1 room is for flower, the other for veg.

Flower room!-2 1000 watt Ultra Sun HPS bulbs in a Sun system, and a magnum xxxl hood. The room is 6x8, and a 6.5ft ceiling.

Veg!-5x8, running a 400W econowing hood, and 2 150w enclosed ballasts in a 2x4 tent in the back. I aware the 150s aren't that great, but again..budget build and i got a really good deal on them.

Open to criticism, and opinions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Current temps-Veg holds steady between 68-78 degrees durring light cycle.

Flower-Lights off-is around 73 degrees, while it gets up to 90 degrees with everything running.

I have a 6" 450 cfm outtake through a little scrubber, a 4" 200cfm intake and an 8000btu A/C unit..at a loss for temp control. The plants seem to not mind the warmth so i'm current not worried about it..we'll wait for summer and see what happens.

Now let's get to the pics! (Don't pay any attention to the duct tape...or lack of y joints..nobody had any when i set this room up. will be redone when i have some more spare cash)

Attachments

• 515.jpg
    515.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 516.jpg
    516.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 517.jpg
    517.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 518.jpg
    518.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 519.jpg
    519.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 7
  • 521.jpg
    521.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 520.jpg
    520.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 522.jpg
    522.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 523.jpg
    523.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 524.jpg
    524.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 8
-Fox Farm ocean forest
-Fox Farm Big bloom, Grow big, and Tiger bloom.
-3 gallon pots, and 2 gallon grow bags. Testing a couple things to determine what will be best for this space.
-PH is always between 5.6-6.0

The big ones are just under 2 weeks in flower. The 2 gallons have been put in periodically through the past 2 weeks. Trying 12/12 from a couple different stages of veg, to figure out the best option for this space without being too over crowded.

Strains!!
-5 Bomb Seeds Bubble Bomb(fem)
-1 Cali Hash Plant(Fem)
-5 Bag seed(fem)

Not sure how many exactly off the top of my head, but the rest of them are as follows.
-Female seeds White Widow x Big bud
-BC Bud Depot Big bud
-BC Bud Depot Blueberry
-G13 labs Sage n' Sour
-G13 labs Purple haze

Looks like a nice clean setup. Sounds like temps are getting a bit high at 90 though. I would try to address that before the ambient temps start to rise (assuming northern hemisphere).

I have heard great things about the sage n sour. Nice strain lineup.

Giggin & Diggin

New Growers

New Growers

Nice room man keep it up. Just started a new room myself here are some pics. If not uploaded check out my pics. And i had a killer outdoor run last year in the high desert.

Giggin & Diggin

Yeah, currently i'm at a loss for the temp but i'll figure it out.

The strains should be really nice, the big ones are 2 weeks into flower and looking really good.

Your setup looks really good dude! Keep it up!

gpw_hunter

Very nice setup. It looks like your exhaust fan is exhausting into your flower room? Maybe try exiting that air out of the flower room to lower temps. Just an idea I would try. Unless this is a sealed set up?! Maybe you have your reason. But overall very inspirational grow. good luck and congrats on leading a grow!

gpw_hunter

Ok my bad i see what you have going. air thru carbon scrubber then fan out of room. Maybe its taking the cold air out and leaving all the hot air to rise and linger in the room. just trying to throw ideas out there.

The ducting coming in from the ceiling, is a 4" intake i have running from a cool area outside the room. The exhaust is all going through the scrubber, then my lights, and out the window. The air coming is is in the mid to high 60's. I'm going to try to mount the scubber/exhaust fan higher in the room so it's not right on the floor tonight, hopefully it should pull more hot air out. I'll be posting updated shots as everything comes along, glad to know i have some support here! Much appreciated

You gotta get that carbon filter up high to remove your hot air. I once had my filter/fan set up like yours and I had a problem with heat getting into the 90s. Once I moved it up high I solved the problem. It went from the low 90s to being able to get the temp down to about 70 if my fan was on full power. Hope this helps.

Oh, and put your intake on the ground. Cool air should be coming in low and hot air should being going out high. If I'm understanding your setup correctly you need to reverse what you got going on.

al70

Veteran
You gotta get that carbon filter up high to remove your hot air. I once had my filter/fan set up like yours and I had a problem with heat getting into the 90s. Once I moved it up high I solved the problem. It went from the low 90s to being able to get the temp down to about 70 if my fan was on full power. Hope this helps.

good tip for adjusting temps.

Hey thanks for the replys!

The only reason i have it setup as such currently is because i ran out of 4" intake ducting and haven't been able to go back to the Grow shop yet, but i am working on it!

I'm going to get a new stud finder and mount the scrubber/fan to the wall this week as well, and get some more rope to hold the scrubber up. I attempted it a couple days ago and i could not find a Stud to mount the fan to so i gave up :(

Everything is going to be switched around as soon as i can scrounge up a few extra bucks.

I will post updated shots of the plants and setup as i am able to adjust everything the way i want it to be :)

But thanks for the advice guys, very much appreciated!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-BC Bud Depot Big bud
-BC Bud Depot Blueberry
-G13 labs Sage n' Sour
-G13 labs Purple haze

If those all came from the Bunk Depot, sorry about your future losses. Seems everyone does it once :D

Hell I ordered hot pepper seeds from the chili equivalent of those asshats.

Karma? Oh fuck yeah

If those all came from the Bunk Depot, sorry about your future losses. Seems everyone does it once :D

Hell I ordered hot pepper seeds from the chili equivalent of those asshats.

Karma? Oh fuck yeah

Idk..aside from 1, all of my BCBD seeds are actually looking really good. I can't really say much until it's all said and done, but i can't say i'm disappointed so far.

All of my G13 seeds were freebie females from Attitude, so i just figured i'd pop what i had and see what happens. I'm still searching around different vendors and looking into/testing what is going to work best for the space/equipment i have.

Updated pics, Day 19 in flower for the bigger ones.

Fresh transplants in veg, a couple mothers in the works.

Attachments

• new 032.jpg
    new 032.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 5
  • new 031.jpg
    new 031.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 6
  • new 030.jpg
    new 030.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 6
  • new 029.jpg
    new 029.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 9
  • new 028.jpg
    new 028.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 7
  • new 027.jpg
    new 027.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 7
  • new 026.jpg
    new 026.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 8
  • new 039.jpg
    new 039.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 7
  • new 034.jpg
    new 034.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 12
  • new 033.jpg
    new 033.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 5
Although, that purple haze is not looking too good. Getting a lot of curling on the leaves..not sure what it is exactly. Any suggestions?

al70

Veteran
she looks like she's suffering from the heat, put a fan in her direction, or move her, I'd give her a flush as well, goodluck

Latest posts

Latest posts