What's new

Environmental factors and the "blue" in blue dream

Just curious, does anyone know of any good reading material about what factors apart from genetics contribute to blue dream being blue? Do cooler night temperatures toward the end of flowering really encourage the plant to show what I'm reading are the plant's autumn colors? I've got some Humboldt Seeds Organization Blue Dream growing right now and I was wondering.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Blue dream isn't called blue dream because it turns blue. It's blue dream because it uses blueberry as the mom. I've never seen any blue dream nugget be purple/blue.

I have actually got beautiful deep blue hues from Blue Dream in 2011. However, I have never had it happen again, but most likely because I am sourcing the clones from a different purveyor. I am currently using DH Blue Dream from Harborside, and although the yields are amazing, I can't pull the blue out, and yes I have played with various temps on several runs. Its out there though, keep looking! I think I purchased that blue originated Blue Dream from Organicann if I remember correctly.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Just harvested some indoor BD. Some of the tops were slightly purplish.
Probably due to cold nights. But yeah, Blue Dream is not blue...

I'm Flounder

Blue dream is a clone only variety. It is in generalof a lighter coloration more towards a blue hue than green, especially indoors. Outdoors it only keeps that light hue from my experience in spots that receive LOTS of direct light for more than average hours for exterior. as a side note, most mj is predisposed to turning purple with cold night temps, some more than others.