What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first legal grow!

rob feature

But these aren't - not just yet

Yet another issue surfaced today. I was wondering if this would happen, and here it is. However, that's not necessarily bad news. The diesel has grown so fat the stems are barely supporting the buds anymore :dance013:

i-FjfbLdW-XL.jpg

Right about now I'm really, really glad I didn't yank her out. Looks like she has a long way to go too

Anybody know if it's a bad idea to go jamming sticks down in the soil now? I need to tie this thing down ASAP!

its trypp

If you are going to tie it down and just need something to support that doesn't necessarily require a specific spot,you could try making a folded duct-tape loops on any solid surface :O I know you are using fabric pots so you cant really tie to the pot lol.

If I think of anything else that dont disrupt the soil I will let ya know mate :)

rob feature

I sort of tied it to itself for now & am using a 3 liter jug full of pennies for an anchor to keep it upright - it wants to fall right over. The jug fits nicely in the middle of all the pots :biggrin:

And a couple of photos

AK Cherry Lime

i-rzwx4Tk-XL.jpg

Master Kush

i-Xdwjt6V-XL.jpg

I stake the plant when it needs it... Jab that stake down... it doesnt matter... you may kill some roots... but overal you will do more good by having your plant sturdy. I have had plants fall over. I was afraid to push a bamboo rod in... but i have learned its best to kill a few roots and save a plant

its trypp

Good to know Primal, thanks for the info. Rob guess what! Today I get to build my new set up and get it started :) Only 1 plant will be in a pot yet but the seedlings are getting going for the other 3 :) Excited :D

rob feature

Yet another crazy week is halfway done & I finally got the chance to snag a picture.

Howdy from all the gals going into day 52 of flower :wave:

i-zwk8T26-XL.jpg

So the blueberry is still being all drama. This all started for her when I switched the water. 2 days ago I stopped giving the blueberry RO and went back to tap filtered through a cheesy little faucet-mounted filter. If you'll recall, she was fine with this stuff 'till I stopped filtering it. That's when shit hit the fan all around. Nobody liked that. But blueberry doesn't like RO. She grew very little during 2 weeks on it. But after 2 days of filtered tap, she's growing again and drinking quickly! She's looking much healthier too - leaves are turning back to green from the inside & the clawing is going away!

I keep thinking I'll harvest the AK Cherry Lime soon, but she's just piling on new growth every day. Master Kush is fattening up on me nicely as well.

But the diesel, holy mother of heavy things. She's out of control :woohoo:

I'll try to get in when I get some quality time & get some good pics. I keep finding things I need to tie up every day. She's literally trying to pull herself out of the pot the buds are so heavy. 1st world problems, eh? :biggrin:

rob feature

In over a decade of sometimes halfway serious photography, I don't believe I've ever run across a more difficult subject. I could blame it on the plants' dynamic nature - always changing & requiring lighting adaptations. Either that or I'm a shitty photographer. I'm putting my money on the latter.

Either way, I stopped in for a few bud candids this evening - day 53 flower.

The blueberry getting back to business after a long hiatus.

i-pXBqZZv-XL.jpg

AK Cherry Lime

i-bBvFBj6-XL.jpg

Master Kush

i-M95sF34-XL.jpg

Mendocino County Diesel

i-k8kHrvQ-XL.jpg

lonetoker

damn those look so damn delicious.. keep on the good work man

"A common mistake that people make
when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-D. Adams
:smoke out:

its trypp

The AK Cherry Lime looks possibly a little heat stressed? But could also be from the budding :O Either way looking good!!! Looks like you will have a harvest soon :D

rob feature

damn those look so damn delicious.. keep on the good work man

Thanks lonetoker! :wave:

The AK Cherry Lime looks possibly a little heat stressed? But could also be from the budding :O Either way looking good!!! Looks like you will have a harvest soon :D

Heat stress is the one thing I think I can rule out in this room. I assume you're talking about the foxtailing? I understand that's expected in late flowering, but who knows with these girls anymore. Your last statement, however, proved prophetic.

The Master Kush hermed on me

i-MFW36XV-XL.jpg

I think I caught her before damage was done, but she's down early either way - without a flush. I didn't wanna risk pollinating the room.

i-GR6j56P-XL.jpg

So she got a new home/homes

rob feature

And to make things a little more interesting, the forecast through Monday could cause me more problems. If it holds, I could be looking at 16 inches of snow to fall between tomorrow morning & Monday morning. That will knock out power because of all the foliage on the trees, so no light & no heat. I think I have the LED lighting to carry me through an outage, but can't keep the plants warm if we lose power for a while. 2 years ago this happened & I lost power for 4 days...little nervous about this.

its trypp

Rob, if you own your own home or rent your home, you should get a small generator for such emergencies!!! Even if only to keep that one room warm and lit lol. Balls though! That really sucks she hermed on you D:

rob feature

Patsfan, I hope you don't get the herm issue, but the rest might not be so bad.

Trypp, I dodged a bullet on the outages. It snowed hard for a good 24 hours. At one point there was 6 inches on the ground, but it's been so warm, it just all went away almost instantly...pretty cool to watch. It did dump 3 feet in some places not too far away - helluva storm!

The AK Cherry Lime came down tonight. I pulled trichome samples from different locations all over the plant and they all said it was time.

i-cd7N4wn-XL.jpg

She was bushier than I realized. I think I spent a good 15 minutes just cutting out fan leaves. Next time around I'm going to do more defoliation. I cut damn near all the leaves off the diesel and she's gotten so fat she can't stand by herself. I'm starting to believe some of the stuff about excess fans competing for energy.

I cut 4 buds about this size off her

i-JPgtCmJ-XL.jpg

Got quite a few like this too

i-CCDnKB7-XL.jpg

There was shit hiding in there I never knew about.

So 2 lovely ladies are left standing.

i-GGJwJ9d-XL.jpg

I've raised the diesel so as to make things a little more even. It's nice to have the room to work with in here. It comes in handy because I'm literally tying up something on the diesel every 12 hours now. I've gone to using zipties for some of the stuff - they work quite nicely. It's like this plant's on some sort of alien wondercrack or some shit - she's going absolutely nuts on me - just nuggets turning upside down from fat every few hours. I want another shot at this plant. I think if I'd not had the water issue from the start, I'd be shitting myself over the size of this thing.

I think the diesel's gonna be the big yielder and I think it's gonna be a good margin. Anybody care to take the bet?

Then again, the blueberry's getting wacky on me too. She's trying to make up for lost time obviously...no extra vertical but putting on fat.

All grins from the garden today friends :biggrin:

its trypp

Oh my! That looks absolutely tasty haha. Care to share? :p
Haha but yeah looks like I might be about 40-45 days from harvesting my autoflower :) I think her sheer growth potential is what shocked me the most!!!! 10 days and she tripple in size! WTF goodness haha xD
Day 32

Day 42

rob feature

I got a bit more bad news today.

i-7vdvSfh.jpg

Unfortunately this wasn't the only one. To make matters worse, I found one that had clearly already done its job if it was fertile.

So now I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma. The blueberry is still in the garden and going strong, but I'm wondering if the plant may have been fertilized.

Oh well, here's one last look at the diesel

i-jtPZx2g-XL.jpg

rob feature

I'm not all bad news though. I think I may have figured out what stressed these 2 plants (so far) into herming on me.

Back when I checked the pH runoff of my blueberry, it was at 5.8. I'm beginning to understand that lockout in soil occurs below 6.0. The whole time I was concerning myself with pH going in when I should have been paying more attention to actual soil pH. Live & learn.

This looks to be the best yielding plant yet. I pulled 6 tops off that were about this size

i-JTvsGxq-XL.jpg

For better size reference

i-MGCBprj-XL.jpg

Lots of smaller stuff too. I think she's still gonna supply plenty of grins :biggrin:

elchavo

I'm not all bad news though. I think I may have figured out what stressed these 2 plants (so far) into herming on me.

Back when I checked the pH runoff of my blueberry, it was at 5.8. I'm beginning to understand that lockout in soil occurs below 6.0. The whole time I was concerning myself with pH going in when I should have been paying more attention to actual soil pH. Live & learn.

This looks to be the best yielding plant yet. I pulled 6 tops off that were about this size

View Image

For better size reference

View Image

Lots of smaller stuff too. I think she's still gonna supply plenty of grins :biggrin:

Loooooooooooool!!! Beautiful buds yo!

hahaahh and after drying what's his weight?

One love!!