What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DR60 Pl-l tent

2000pm

First thanks to everyone in my old thread for assisting with the formation of this plan. It took a little longer than wanted to get everything together but better learn to swim before jumping right in. I've done much reading and forgotten a ton of stuff I have learned already :biglaugh:. This is just a hobby/fun run anyway so my only time constraint is the approaching warmer weather.

SPECS:
Tent: Secret Jardin DR60 II. (2x2x5)
Light: (4x) 55w PL-L/2g11 (ah supply), 220w total. 2x3000K and 2x6500K during veg. 4x3000K during flower.
Circulation: Phresh filter 4x12”. S&P TD100x Duct fan (135 cfm)
Media: (4x) 3 gallon buckets, 100% perlite
Method: Hempy buckets. GH Micro Lucas formula + cal/mag + silica blast + koolbloom during flower.

Would have run regular 70/30 hempies or even coco but I don't mind having to water more frequently and perlite was on hand - I am definitely one of those oft-handsy gardeners so LST and scrog is right up my alley. Also wanted to avoid any possible pest issues encountered by running some organic medium - simple and clean is the motto here.

'NETICs
Chocolope (Chocolate thai x Cannalope haze)
Space Bomb (Space Queen(C99 x Romulan) x tiny pheno)
Querkle (Purple Urkle x Space Queen)

Just took what came around, no deep picking and choosing here.

Still planning on a mod scrog after seeing Verdant's success with his dialed setup but right now the chocolope is 3 weeks ahead of the TGA strains in veg due to timing of clone receipt. Mod-scrog's flexibility will allow me to maintain proper canopy height between the four pots but I am worried the chocolope will not get the light penetration she needs with how far ahead she is and how much subsequent stretch she may have versus the more indica-favored hybrids.
I was given good advice that a full screen is a full screen, but since I was planning on the mod scrog the chocolope wont be able to take up the slack for the other three if I continue a scrog.
It was said 2x2 is cramped once plants were in there but now I am fully realizing this. Even with a mod scrog getting in there to do work is going to be tight so I am somewhat afraid to throw a screen on there right now. Continue with the scrog idea or just try to lst them instead?

Future plans for this includes adding some Luxstrips to the PL-Ls for a weaker ghetto version of Rives' awesome hybrid light. I could also re-rig the fan/filter for better flow at some point. Maybe try turface instead of perlite.

2000pm

hWBhU.jpg

Early nute issues.

ENkbm.jpg

Trying to get a handle on things.

U6apI.jpg

Heat stressed!

TOOe1.jpg

First taste of bondage.

jPLxr.jpg

I think she likes it.

K4Y1Q.jpg

Group shot, showing how far ahead she is right now...

Sorry bout the shitty photos, phone cam and too lazy for white balancing right now under the 3000K hehe. I am just running two bulbs at the moment until the clones harden up fully, which I think they are pretty much ready now.

2000pm

lyA5i.jpg

Pre screen

FqBCv.jpg

Screen on

d1dYc.jpg

top down

Zwo8l.jpg

Chocolope with grow-through supports. Decided to just get pre-made instead of fumbling with coat hangers like I planned.

I got borged somehow, but whats done is done. Hit em with spinosad, about to do azamax, then going to do lavender.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great! Sorry to hear that you got borged, but everything looks very nice. Where did you pick up the scrog screens?

2000pm

Got em on amazon - i believe i got the idea from one of your recent posts. It would be better if it was square i suppose but i like having the little extra room to move around.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look good. I was wondering if they had come from the link I posted or someplace else. I still can't believe the variety of products that Amazon carries - as much stuff as I buy from them, I still get surprised when I'm looking around for some odd thing and discover that I should have checked there first.

2000pm

ukq3c.jpg

Still kickin'. Small clones are really starting to bush up now with the LST. Should be ready for a screen in a little bit.

yHb0d.jpg

Chocolope just has a little space to fill before "done" - too bad I'm not ready to flip yet.

LT7cz.jpg

I think the purple branching is normal by now, but you never know.

They've had a spinosad, then azatrol, then lavender spray. I am not really seeing any mite activity but I will do at least one more lavender spray and another azatrol soil drench at some point. The ladies have taken them all without a hitch.

So I would normaly want to flip this chocolope now, or maybe even earlier ideally I imagine. I have never grown any of these or have any idea bout the stretch so I'm growing by the seat of my pants here.

What would you all do to balance the fact that the chocolope is going to be well ahead by the time the other clones are able to fill a screen?

Some ideas I've been tossing around:
-top the chocolope to slow growth (but then I'm going to have double the tops in the screen which might get nasty).
-defoliate to slow chocolope (already been doing this to an extent but it only slows her for a very short time).
-supercrop the branches as low as possible (might give this a try anyway)
-just chop branches and let the smaller growth fill up the holes until the rest catch up
-just flip when the chocolope is ready and deal with a smaller harvest from the other three
-just flip when the other three are ready and pull the branches down to control height in the screen
etc

thanks for following along so far!

pacoveli

Your girls are looking lovely can you link me to that screen on amazon?
I searched myself but cant find it.
Happy growing.:tiphat:

2000pm

Yea I was worried about the scrog but they've taken pretty well to being manhandled into place with hands and ties. I'm going to really start clearing out the undergrowth soon and focus on the above-screen canopy.

I think I'm going to flip pretty soon and use the stretch to fill up the other three somewhat and hope that the veg on the chocolope wasn't too vigorous. Its already way too full in scrog terms without having flipped yet I would think.

cloudy01

My .02 cents...I would probably try to trim that chocolope back so the others could at least catch up a little bit...but man that thing would be a BEAST in that tent if you didn't lol. Flipping and taking the hit on harvest may be a good choice though...either way man, that tent is awesome, I hope to have a similar setup in the near future...going hempy too! Ill be watching this one!

2000pm

Nice thread, definitely an idea I may go with to avoid cutting the tops. I'd have to clip the side growth that gets encouraged or I'm going to have a forest above canopy too.

2000pm

DaZ5z.jpg

Going to flip them pretty soon. Got the supports on all of them now.

I ended up supercropping a lot of the tops on the chocolope just to slow down the upward growth. They do like to spring back up really fast! Also cut back a lot of leaf again after taking this pic and took off a few of the branches that were just never going to make it.

I'm going to need to brush back up on when to stop weaving and allow vertical growth once I flip these girls, although it will be general at best since I don't know any of their individual characteristics. One funny thing is that the chocolope and the leggy space bomb are reducing their respective leaf sizes to fit their environment pretty well but the querkle and the other space bomb continue to throw out the hand-sized beasts that need to be cut back. We'll see if they follow suit.

2000pm

Thanks for stopping by everyone :tiphat:

i5iai.jpg

Day 3 of 12/12 now. Went a little hot on the nutes for the chocolope, she burned some tips and rusty spotting here and there. The TGA plants seem to enjoy it just fine. From FL clockwise, chocolope, space bomb 1, querkle, space bomb 2.
Its getting really cramped in there, even with a mod scrog. I might cut the plants down to 3 or even two bigger ones next time around if I scrog again.

nsAGR.jpg

The leggy space bomb

VlCwH.jpg

Funny calyx/trichs from a early chocolope preflower - she never stopped throwing these out during the veg (or never fully reverted back I guess).