What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Only

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
We literally soak our 1inch rockwool cloning blocks in 1.7 ec. Thats what they root in. I understand you may have not heard of it, but its ec in relation to water content and using that to your advantage. We are using commercial aggricultural feeding stratagies. You can not feed these EC levels with other mediums. Only rockwool. And if you dont monitor the water content of the blocks while feeding at these levels you could easily fry them in a matter of hours or with just one small irrigation event missed. And we do not have any run off at all until week 4 flowering, monitoring the water contenr precisely. Ive seen guys manipulate the dry down rates of blocks to 8% water content, 7% is wilt and 5% is death. And we have over 150 strains on deck in clone form, all of them react well to our feeding strategies, some of them are 20 year old clone only's.
And the high point of EC is hit at mid way through flower, slowly lowered until the last week hits 0 ec with RO water. We use the grosens meter like i said earlier, so we can literally measure the salts in the cube down to zero and let the plants truley flush themselves.

Looks like from your pics you are doing dwc? In a closet with like four plants? Maybe thats where you get your incorrect assumptions? Maybe you havent heard of it because you havent done any research or ever talked to a comercial ag consultant? Cool story bro, im trying to tell you what we do. Im trying to share info, not debate our practices with someone who has four terrible looking plants in a half assed thrown together shitty dwc closet set up

:laughing: Classic response...

OP

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Do you know how stupid you sound? If you dont, maybe you should put down the soap bar hash you get from your mothers boyfriend. You have zero pics, try and post something of substance instead of running your mouth about things you literally have zero knowledge about
Was looking at some cute pics, then the op openened their mouth. Damn that's ugly, no more interest from this camp. Plenty of high grade growers with stellar attitudes around here.

Very nice! I made an account just to ask you because its very impressive.

What are the nutrient solution profiles your running? Not asking for recipes just mg/L values at various stages and ECs.

How are you benches setup? There seems to be a walkway in the center that isn't part of the rolling bench area? What is your benching efficiency?

Is there anything would you have done differently, now you have it all going so well?
Its never going well, always changing LOL. The nute profiles i will not explain, however i will say you can run the ec levels i discuss with just about any line as long as you follow grodans water content suggestions. 1.7 EC clone cubes , 2.0 for two weeks. Bumped up to 3.0 right before they are thrown into flower , 0.1 increase in flower everyday until 3.9, then reduced in the same fashion until flush week. Dry downs need to managed appropriately as i stated before.

The Hove rolling benches are not set up to completly meet. If they were, the walk way would only be 24in and limited space severely impacts productivity, especially during harvest.

Things set up wise we will do differently is never use wall mount fans. Instal HAF fans, and use netafim irrigation products from the get go

I thought of a few more :)

What sizes and types of Grodan are you using?

Total daily runoff volume? Do you not allow runoff in the first few hours of each day? I see your using 3-5% irrigation volume to substrate volume. Have you tried 6%?

Minutes before lights off that you stop irrigating?

I may have a few more. Thanks!
Good questions! So every size lol but we are currently running delta 10 stacked on hugos. Straight hugos have produced excelent results, but initially transplanting to delta 10 has been showing much more vigor.

no run off at all until week 4 where we shoot for 5% of feed, then 10% at 7. And then continual increases in run off to get as close to 0 ec we can get in the cube.

So the difference in irrigation volume helps with crop steering and the type of growth you are trying to achieve. Smaller more frequent shot sizes 3 to 4% are for veg /early flower and larger shot sizes and reduced watering events are for mid / late flowering. Irrigation events should start 0 to 2 hours after lights come on and stop 0 to 4 hours before they turn off, depending on the stage you are in.

Thanks.

If your interested, were using 24" cantilever as the only walkway between all the benches, with 3' permanent walkway along the wall with the access door (perpendicular to the 24" walkways). That way we can get benching efficiency of more than 87%. Using SCROG due to limited to 1,500 plants per license, 1 plant 6/sf. So the 24" walkway will be ok, because final canopy high is not more than 5'10" (except for leggy strains).
By " using scrog" what do you mean? The acronym im familiar with means screen of green, where you bend and weave tops through a pre fixed net. time consuming and not cost effective for employees to do on a large scale when we can manage canopy height with proper veg and cloning practices. And yeah, we have other ideas for ways to manuever benches which i will post once they are built, not letting that cat out of the bag just yet haha. Thanks though

Also, where we are at, plant count is not limited, licenses are dictated by sqft

Was looking at some cute pics, then the op openened their mouth. Damn that's ugly, no more interest from this camp. Plenty of high grade growers with stellar attitudes around here.

Im just trying to spread info that took years off my life to learn. Some kid acts like he knows better , and criticizes me for sharing it when he has no real world experience in commercial ag. Yeah im going to bust his balls.

Last edited:
There's only one definition of scrog. The one your using. Some people do it a bit differently but the overall idea is known to all.

When your growing on our scale with a limit of 1,500 plants per lisc (which can be stacked, well have at least 3), yield is much better with scrog in terms of grams per sf and per year. In other states your limited by canopy area, which is much better. 1,500 plants just isn't enough.

The best, with unlimited plants count, is just more than SOG. Doing trees or bushes in a room like yours isn't good use of light or time IMO due to the time it takes to get them that big and they shade too much.

Its all about using light well for best yield and lowest electric costs. The name of this game is operating costs. Thats why benching efficiency is so important, and so is shading issues, not having anything between the lamps and canopy like fans, about 1 foot buffer from walls, good wall refection, etc.d

you seem to know it all. Must be nice ;)
Again, no plant count limits for our license. Its square footage. I have no idea where you are getting the 1500 plant count from.....And if you have your veg on point, its only 3 weeks for large plants. 120 grams per square foot is the goal. And yes, operating costs must stay low, hence not having 10 workers in 100 light room for a week manipulating the canopy. And we dont have anything between our lights, they are hung from unistrut on a grid pattern. Also. I do not think 1ft from walls is enough space, i much prefer 3ft.

Uh huh

Attachments

• IMG_20171130_183335_762.jpg
    IMG_20171130_183335_762.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Living the dream

Living the dream

Thanks for sharing and feel free to bust balls. Different perspectives all around but there is no replacement for experience. Thanks again it's very cool to see someone openly talking about this scale.

Beautiful grow I love the precision of how you are monitoring and manipulating everything. I have a few questions.
  • What commercial practices would you say are reasonable to carry over into 4-10k home grows that you don't see many people doing?
  • What are your cloning conditions, success rate, rooting time?
  • What is your favorite strain at the moment?

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Watched a few grodan videos and found one that shows what appears to be the system OP is running and a variety of other types of systems. Also confirmed on the 3.0+ EC... lady checks the PH on a cube and gets a reading of 3.3 EC... Plants looking nice and green sitting on what looks like concrete, lol. She checks it around the 5:50 mark. Doesn't surprise me really... When you're growing on that kind of scale I'm sure there's all sorts of advanced tricks and techniques you just can't comprehend because you don't have the experience or emmm..... maybe the importance of having it be as optimal as possible. You don't know what you don't know, basically.

I love some of the tools/systems those guys have in those monster gardens!!! Makes us look like total noobs over here.. :D One guy is dropping grodan cubes off a tractor in perfect alignment with some kind of tractor gadget... Sweet! Fascinating shit, OP. I did not know about grodan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Cg0yjfuWw&feature=youtu.be&t=351

Last edited:

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
incredible. doing big things...much respect. looks dank AF too!

Ive been growing in rockwool for a few years now...and soaking and prepping is so tedious I just stopped...and havent noticed a real difference.

Apparently you dont need to prep the blocks anymore...but was wondering if other growers were actually taking heed of this.

Cheers

TpM

he told the first guy 'no offense' and answered his question. the next guy skunkpassion made a dumb claim that the algae caused the high EC so he told him he sounded stupid.....because he did. The guy just finished telling everyone what ec he runs and now this guy is trying to throw shade about algae and imply high grade can't properly use a ec meter. stupid games win stupid prizes. he didn't say 'nice grow do you think it could be the algae' he told him it was because of the algae then threw a lil haha on top, he got a proper response.

you guys are being too sensitive. just because he met respect with respect ('no offense') and met stupid with stupid (do you know how stupid that sounds) isn't a reason to tune out.

green404

you guys are being too sensitive. just because he met respect with respect ('no offense') and met stupid with stupid (do you know how stupid that sounds) isn't a reason to tune out.

^Agree.
They guy has a successful full scale ag set up running and some keyboard experts are claiming he has no clue from the peanut gallery.
I don't feel the OP was disrespectful. You crap on someone thread and you usually don't get fluffy roses in return.

Latest posts

Latest posts