What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is my plant ready ? Black stems or dark grey a sign of what ?

Geelive

Hey this is a follow up, my oldest girl which might be OG has been above surface since Feb 2 and took aawhile to kind of get this big which is roughly a ft. Since this is my.first grow im a newbie and Idk if my plant is or isn't ready to flower. I've switched the 18-6 to 12-12 for her going on about 3 days. I was wondering if maybe I'm flipping too early or it's the right time. And how should I be feeding her now seeing as tho I might change the schedule permanently if you guys think so. Also I've changed the humidity down to 55 ish since the change it used to range from 58-70 .
Now about the stems, they seem thick and healthy but my plant seems studded while the others are growing a bit faster, the short odd colored stems on this little lady aren't growing up or much wide. And I want a diagnosis on the rest of my plants. I've recently fed them and am going the route of feeding every other watering. I have them under 100% as of today under the 600W MH light. I would really appreciate some love and help.

Attachments

• 20180404_050111.jpg
    20180404_050111.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180404_050106.jpg
    20180404_050106.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180402_133725.jpg
    20180402_133725.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180402_133700.jpg
    20180402_133700.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180402_133707.jpg
    20180402_133707.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180402_133402.jpg
    20180402_133402.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180402_133614.jpg
    20180402_133614.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180402_133427.jpg
    20180402_133427.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180402_133545.jpg
    20180402_133545.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180402_133449.jpg
    20180402_133449.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 12

Dog Star

Veteran
I dont sees preflowers,your plants look good for now...

for preflowers you need to wait 6-10 weeks,depends of strain..

Are you know to recognize preflowers??

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hey this is a follow up, my oldest girl which might be OG has been above surface since Feb 2 and took aawhile to kind of get this big which is roughly a ft. Since this is my.first grow im a newbie and Idk if my plant is or isn't ready to flower. I've switched the 18-6 to 12-12 for her going on about 3 days. I was wondering if maybe I'm flipping too early or it's the right time. And how should I be feeding her now seeing as tho I might change the schedule permanently if you guys think so. Also I've changed the humidity down to 55 ish since the change it used to range from 58-70 .
Now about the stems, they seem thick and healthy but my plant seems studded while the others are growing a bit faster, the short odd colored stems on this little lady aren't growing up or much wide. And I want a diagnosis on the rest of my plants. I've recently fed them and am going the route of feeding every other watering. I have them under 100% as of today under the 600W MH light. I would really appreciate some love and help.
They look generally healthy and growing, however like 90% of pictures you see of plants online, they need magnesium.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=451546&d=1522839074

The deep green leaves, the serrated leaf edges being affected, and the middle leaves being the most affected, moving to the top; the purple stems on the leaf, they all confirm a need for more magnesium.

Magnesium helps photosynthesis, and is involved in phototropism.

Other than that, the plants look great.

Geelive

Why did you flower those plants? Are you trying to just grow a couple grams of pot?

Negative, only the big one was going to be flowered but most likely it hasn't been a long enough drift to where it'll change to flowering. The others are vegging and in about a month or 5-6 weeks could be ready for flower I think

Geelive

They look generally healthy and growing, however like 90% of pictures you see of plants online, they need magnesium.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=451546&d=1522839074

The deep green leaves, the serrated leaf edges being affected, and the middle leaves being the most affected, moving to the top; the purple stems on the leaf, they all confirm a need for more magnesium.

Magnesium helps photosynthesis, and is involved in phototropism.

Other than that, the plants look great.

Okay so the magnesium which can be found in ? Because I have the fox farm nutes, at least the beginner 3 and I also have ... wait I use cal mag ? Maybe it's how long it took to use it

MrBungle

They are looking pretty good for your first time.... like others said I'd veg them out for a bit longer..

Do you plan on transplanting into a bigger pot when flowering?

How much space are you working with?

Are you feeding them full strength with the fox farm?

Big Bloom is your plant fixing elixer... in the directions it says to use 2 tablespoons of big bloom if your plants are stressed out... ( read the bottle to make sure, I'm going on memory)

Feeding with Fox farms I usually cut back on the Grow Big a little bit... like if its calling for 2 teaspoons I'll give 1 teaspoon, or if there's some yellowing maybe 1 and a half teaspoons...
Same deal with the Tiger Bloom....

But always full strength with the big bloom

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Okay so the magnesium which can be found in ? Because I have the fox farm nutes, at least the beginner 3 and I also have ... wait I use cal mag ? Maybe it's how long it took to use it
Kieserite, (Maerl) magnesium lime, however epsom salt is the most easily available, and can also be applied as a foliar spray.

It also has sulfur in it, which is good for resin production. The sulfur will bring down the pH if you use it as a drench too often.

It is always best to apply a mild combination of solid soil nutrients and liquid nutrients to get a slow acting and fast acting effect.

Geelive

They are looking pretty good for your first time.... like others said I'd veg them out for a bit longer..

Do you plan on transplanting into a bigger pot when flowering?

How much space are you working with?

Are you feeding them full strength with the fox farm?

Big Bloom is your plant fixing elixer... in the directions it says to use 2 tablespoons of big bloom if your plants are stressed out... ( read the bottle to make sure, I'm going on memory)

Feeding with Fox farms I usually cut back on the Grow Big a little bit... like if its calling for 2 teaspoons I'll give 1 teaspoon, or if there's some yellowing maybe 1 and a half teaspoons...
Same deal with the Tiger Bloom....

But always full strength with the big bloom

Well I don't want to flower all of them, I wanted to flower the bigger one. I guess it just makes sense to veg that one longer with them. The bigger plant was above ground on Feb 2nd and the others all were planted in early march except the smallest one. She was planted on the 16th. I feed them 1/3 of the strength it says and that's every other feeding with 4 1/2 ml of cal mag . Im working with a 32x32x63 and u plan on transplantingthe other 5 into 3 Gallon pots like the bigger female. Do you think that'll last ? I believe She's shown her sex I believe I have to double check tho.

Geelive

Kieserite, (Maerl) magnesium lime, however epsom salt is the most easily available, and can also be applied as a foliar spray.

It also has sulfur in it, which is good for resin production. The sulfur will bring down the pH if you use it as a drench too often.

It is always best to apply a mild combination of solid soil nutrients and liquid nutrients to get a slow acting and fast acting effect.

Solid nutes such as ?

sourkush

are you limited in the number of plants you're allowed to grow?

If i were you i would train (lst) a lot less and only top once in a while, let them develop better vertically. And put more plants instead of a few big/wide ones. Bigger/older plants are harder to maintain in perfect health.
It will save you lots of veg time and health problems.

Geelive

I dont sees preflowers,your plants look good for now...

for preflowers you need to wait 6-10 weeks,depends of strain..

Are you know to recognize preflowers??
I checked yesterday and they're definitely preflowers. I'm so lucky it's a female, I got this seed from a bag so you can imagine my disappointment if it were a Male after all this growing but I'm sure they're all female . I can take pictures of the preflowers but there is definitely white pistils coming out

Geelive

are you limited in the number of plants you're allowed to grow?

If i were you i would train (lst) a lot less and only top once in a while, let them develop better vertically. And put more plants instead of a few big/wide ones. Bigger/older plants are harder to maintain in perfect health.
It will save you lots of veg time and health problems.

There is a legal limit and its 6