What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White dots on plant leaves!!

Gimmy-1996

Hi,
I’ve got some white dots on some leaves, in my local grow shop they said to me it’s powder mildew. But under microscope those dots look totally different.... I’ll post the pictures.
The picture under microscope without the white dots is a leave that looks normal, the other microscope picture with white dots is the affected leave.
I really don’t know what to do...any help would be appreciated
Thank you very much

Attachments

• FFEED6AC-DD62-4902-82E8-8C6C56FB4AF1.jpg
    FFEED6AC-DD62-4902-82E8-8C6C56FB4AF1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 531DAA75-49E4-4DA8-B6A0-3B3AECC08C8B.jpg
    531DAA75-49E4-4DA8-B6A0-3B3AECC08C8B.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 12
  • E4358F95-270E-4798-8A80-9BD4089A389D.jpg
    E4358F95-270E-4798-8A80-9BD4089A389D.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 12

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
If this gets worse or spreads then it is PM, if not could be normal. Can you give us some information about the environment you keeping them in? Like humidty, ventilation, temps.. ect.?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, would be a good ideea to check the undersides of the leaves with microscope for pests or signs of pests.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Use a green light to illuminate it. Pm fluoresces, at least to me under a green light when I work at night. It is how i look for pm during my bi weekly pest/disease checks.

Cannavore

Veteran
I dont really see anything, imo youre good they are bulbous trichomes. Only glandular heads no stalks. There's more than one type of trichome on cannabis plants.

Gimmy-1996

I use a migro 100 full spectrum Led light, in a 60x60x160 cm grow box. Temperature between 24/27 Celsius in the day and 19/21 in the night. Humidity is always between 54% and 69%. The things that the only difference between the healthy leaves and the affected ones, are, under the microscope, the “bubbles” that in the affected one some are white. And there is nothing under the leaves...

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I usually see at least one thread per year treating the same topic...and like every year the answers are the same :biggrin:

Mine is like cannavore wrote.

:wave:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi,
I’ve got some white dots on some leaves, in my local grow shop they said to me it’s powder mildew. But under microscope those dots look totally different.... I’ll post the pictures.
The picture under microscope without the white dots is a leave that looks normal, the other microscope picture with white dots is the affected leave.
I really don’t know what to do...any help would be appreciated
Thank you very much
It's powdery mildew, no doubt.

https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/M...icroscopes/Stemi-508/BDI-mildew-stemi-508.jpg

The bulbous transparant and black bulbous parts are the fruiting bodies of the fungus.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're thrics. Normal thrics...they're everywhere on plants, even from seedlings just sprouted.

If those were PM now Gimmy should see PM with naked eye and I bet he see nothing strange, isn't it Gimmy?

Cannavore

Veteran
spray your stuff with a weak h202 solution if you think it's PM and then scope it out again and see if anything changes

having a good IPM (Integrated Pest Management) is crucial!