What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dolomite Lime B.A.C

O

Odisseo86

I can only find this dolomite lime:

BAC CALK

For upgrading used earth and coconut. This lime should always mix well through the medium.

BAC Lime provides a stable pH in your recycled soil and coconut. Additionally, you provide the recycled earth or coconut with sufficient calcium and magnesium. BAC Lime contains 47% Calcium Lime and 5% Magnesium.

Dosage

Earth: 2 grams per liter of earth;
Cocos: 1 gram per liter of cocos.

what do you think? does it have too low a percentage of magnesium?

sorry for my bad english, thanks

Burt

Veteran
You can supplement the dolomite with Epsom salts and still gain ph buffering from the dolomite or am I wrong?
Additionally if you are going to utilize molasses in your regimen, that has a fairly high amount in it too

VortexPower420

Veteran
You don't want much mg in your soil.

That technically is not dolomite it is hi cal lime. Still a bicabonate but higher in Ca.

It is in a great ratio. I would not worry about mg. If deficiency shows up foliar.

O

Odisseo86

Ok, thank's

You don't want much mg in your soil.

That technically is not dolomite it is hi cal lime. Still a bicabonate but higher in Ca.

It is in a great ratio. I would not worry about mg. If deficiency shows up foliar.

Yes you are right,
I did some research and found that the optimal ratio is closer to 10/1 of ca / ​​mg instead of 2/1 of dolomite lime ... at least that the soil does not have a serious magnesium deficiency...

I found where to buy some lithotamnion, composed of 80%-85% calcium carbonate and 10-15% magnesium and a high content of trace elements...

what is the best choice?

thank you and sorry for my bad english

Ad maiora!