What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is YOUR favorite/best strain cbd or thc for anxiety

M

moose eater

Never tried any Tijuana, but i read it's a pure-ish sativa polyhybrid with Haze in it. It has possibly some Mexi in it too. Haze and Mexis can give people paranoia and can have rushy effect, so not every plant may be too good for anti-axiety.

I suggest you/your family member look into CBD-rich strains. The effect is much calmer and clearer than with THC-only weed. There are indica and sativa leaning CBD rich strains.

Thanks, I have sativa-dominant, s-sourced, etc., plants that give the 'up' rush (at least initially) that you're referring to, and have had pure sativas that resulted in immediate 2-3 hour naps, defying the standard expectations or tendencies.

I never really researched the background genetics of Tijuana, but read some reports on it, and many of them bad-mouthed her as less than impressive or potent. The one I kept for a time was apparently an exception to the reviews, as at least one person told me she was (at that time) THE most potent weed I had.

But the effect was old-timey, floaty, smooth, happy (not exuberant, but calm happy, pleasant) type of high.

She was a moderately decent producer most of the time.

I'd have kept her longer, but like I said, while others could do better with her stem structure than my mixes produced, for me she was lanky and needed a fair bit of support when she went into flower. Thus, another set of decent quality genetics hit the compost bin.

I still have selfed seeds from her, should I get the urge, but I have other seeds to pop that have waited for well over 1-5 years, not counting near-ancient heirloom seeds dating back 35-50 years I need to work on reviving; mostly sativas... so.... They're there if the mood strikes, just in case. :)

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
These are the type of strains I go for to move anxiety out of the way and go into operator mode.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352209

Has anyone used that Xanax strain....it's very good for anxiety, relaxation, sleeping etc. A lot of those sativa will increase heart rate giving you a up feeling , actually this Xanax clone is a strong indica couchlock knock you on your ass. I don't understand how a list of sativa is gonna do anything for anxiety.....thats coming from somebody whos dealt with PTSD , insomnia, anxiety, panic attacks, there's no way I'm gonna want a sativa to get my heart racing to relax me.....wtf???

xet

I am not telling anyone what will work for them.

This is what works for me.

I am not you.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Exactly what I'm saying sativas don't help ME.....most/not all give the racy high. Basically what I'm saying is cannabis in general a lot of people with mental health issues especially in non-legal cannabis growing states have only one thing they take for anxiety. A lot of these non legal states people don't really believe in the medical benifits of cannabis. The government has managed to keep cannanis growing illegal in the mid-southern area of the USA and created the opioid and benzo addiction has sky rocketed.

Sorry to get off topic....if I had to choose weed for anxiety I'd take Blueberry prolly over anything hands down...,a 80/20 - 70/30 indica dominant strain....usually the more sativa will give you a racier high from what I've learned in 30yrs of cannabis smoking

Shark Shock/Great White Shark is really good meditative stuff for me. It makes me centered and alert, with just enough head change to make it enjoyable.

White Widow is similar to the Shark, but it's got a more noticeable THC/ sativa affect. But I like to describe White Widow as the strongest functional high out there.

I've tried Harlequin and other CBD strains, and the buzz is similar to the Shark Shock in my experience, but I usually find the taste to be lacking, and sometimes just straight up nasty.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Un hybrydized durban. Which is funny to me because forum and cherry pie trigger anxiety and paranoia in me.

Blueberry and blueberry crosses are good for medical uses too. Just enough strength for medical effect, but not too overwhelming for daytime use.

St. Phatty

In 2004, I visited Vancouver & met a Chef, Legalizer, and cancer patient named Marc Boyer.

Marc had an extraction method that I still don't know what the solvent was.

But he made cinnamon sugar cookies and sold them to dispensaries, where they were SUPER popular. People would come in and demand Marc's cookies, made with his special butter, and ignore everything else.

At the time I smoked cigs, and 1/2 of one of his cookies completely killed the urge to smoke for about 18 hours.

I don't know what the secret was, in terms of source material or process.

But it was a fantastic example of what is possible.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Unfortunately when your dealing with mental health guys, you may have to learn on some types of medication. I've dealt with depression, PTSD , anxiety, etc. I've smoke 30 yrs and honestly marijuana can sometimes cloud your judgement and way of thinking. Don't get me wrong I'm sure marijuana can help with sleeping, relaxing and many other things. But when your dealing with mental health your dealing with chemical problems in your brain. Just me I hate to take medication but it may be necessary to take a light dose of some type meds. Please go to a psychiatric dr. and tell him about your anxiety. You might use marijuana in combination with some of your medication . I just hate to see people suffer from mental health problems like me. If you try weed and it's doesn't help please go to a dr guys

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Don't get me wrong I'm sure marijuana can help with sleeping, relaxing and many other things.
Sleeping, staying awake (seriously), increasing memory and focus, decreasing memory and focus, decreasing pain, increasing health, and a whole lot more.

With more and more functional strains of cannabis being bred these days, (strains which do not inebriate or make you sleepy at all) cannabis is more easily comparable to a full pharmacy of effects. Gone are the days when you only had two choices, stoner/stupid weed and headies cannabis. What do you personally need? There's probably a strain which suits you best.

Until it's as easy as dial-a-strain, we're still in the era where making extractions of several strains and mixing is going to be easier to control.

Still need help? Definitely seek competent and professional help with your mental health issues.

Domicern

I haven't tried so many variety of weed to tell what is the best kind for anxiety, but if you need useful article there is a list of best weed strains for anxiety here

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I now have a Harle-Tsu i will be working on for anxiety and mainly to those i know who need quality/clean cbd medicines so now i can experiment and find what is most beneficial for anxiety as i can outcross it and find chemotypes that would be necessity to the program.. though i am finding more promising information through research pertaining to THCV as a very effective Anxiety relief compound so may start going that direction as well

Wendull C.

Veteran
CBS doesn't work for me with anxiety. I stumbled upon a 12 week plus Durban that made me happy as shit. Would've never thought of that strain for anxiety or the like.

My point is try as many as you can. You might be surprised.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
CBS doesn't work for me with anxiety. I stumbled upon a 12 week plus Durban that made me happy as shit. Would've never thought of that strain for anxiety or the like.

My point is try as many as you can. You might be surprised.
I'll ask you the same question I asked I-see-maggy, and that is for you to describe your CBD usage and how it did not work for you.

What I see many, **many**, people doing is using CBD like a pain killer. They take some and wait to see how well it works and then decide then and there if it was effective or not. CBD does not work this way. CBD works over time, and works much better when your system has been properly saturated for a while.

Want to 'test' CBD? Use the same small (measured) amount, use it twice a day, every day, and use it for at least 3 weeks.

Anything less than this is not a 'test' of CBD. If you did something very similar and saw no results, chances are good CBD is not going to help you much. If you did not, then you really have not tested CBD yet.
:tiphat: