What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace and CBG outdoor selections subtropical.

Hello friends...well...to update with no pics right now. The 3 PanxMal are harvested. Lost most of the tops to mold on these topped plants. We did get lots of rain on a few occasions and days of showers coming through. The 2 early ones and the big late one suffered. Big vigorous plants with solid big buds of beautiful Aromas and flavour....stong uplifting high after a little cure.
Everything suffered to some degree. Had a Orient Express that faired reasonably well. But taken a bit early. Even the clone of Zamaldelica suffered more than last years mother of the Zam which dident have any from memory.
The GHxM are powering now in middle flower and are big and TALL needing some support. No mold but still forming colas.
They are gunna be great and a better option for here abouts as they flower much later thereby missing the wettest times.
The Punto Rojos are similar in looks and height tho not quiet as tall and a little ahead of the GHxM in flower, again no mold. The snowmoon had some problems tho I got something off it... beautiful herb that snowmoon.
To be fair my spot is in a creek gully sourounded by thick lantana bush and mushrooms pop up around the place. Anyways seeds have been made here and there and a reasonable harvest thus far. I will post some pics for those interested of whats left...should be pretty good I reckon. :biggrin:
peace and thanks Dubi.

Nice to hear it hermalRider ;)

Yes, Dubi I took her about 7 -10 days early but she and the two Destroyers produced a motherload of sweet colas..

Forgive me BUSHBANDIT for a temp hi-jack of your thread..

GHxM on back stringer Destroyers on the front stringer..

At this point I was about 3/4 done cutting off the scrog net..

picture.php
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I lost a fast flowering pheno of Malawi cross Panama to mold. Heavy rain ruined it. Real Panama leaning pheno. The fox tail cola
smelled like lemon goodness.

Nice harvest Thermal Rider. Flying high again. :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Bush Bandit, sorry to hear about the poor weather and other issues.

Thermal Rider, nice looking harvest my friend.
Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Bushbandit,

I'm very sorry to hear the weather was very rainy at the end of flowering and that plants suffered mold. Even sativa strains like Panama x Malawi can suffer mold with heavy rains in late flowering. It's impossible to breed for huge dense flowers (like it's the case of Panama Goddes and Malawi New Killer parental plants) without inevitably add more susceptibility to mold in late flowering. That's a fact.

Guess in your case and location is better to grow more extreme tropical sativas with more aerated flowering strucutures like Green Haze x Malawi.

And yes :yes: please, keep us updated with the latest ones when you have the chance :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ThermalRider,

Congrats for the bountiful harvest :D Enjoy the sativa flowers of your hard work!

Here is final update. First 3 photos are of GreenHazexMalawi. It went full 8 months and was tall and trouble free. Sticky and fragrant and bit leafy. Nice sativa.
Second 2 photos are Punto Rojo. Again , trouble free and tall. You know they looked similar and not to far apart with some phenos.
Goodbye.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180705-090630-810x1440.jpg
    Screenshot_20180705-090630-810x1440.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20180705-090638-810x1440.jpg
    Screenshot_20180705-090638-810x1440.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20180705-090644-810x1440.jpg
    Screenshot_20180705-090644-810x1440.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20180705-090415-810x1440.jpg