What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Education level of ace breeders???

Bumbatar

I have seen many positive growing and smoke reports from people who have grown strains from Ace seeds and was curious as to whether or not breeders at Ace had some formal college level education in plant breeding??

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Bumbatar,

I have a degree in computer engineering, other ACE collaborators are agronomists and biologists. At the office we have staff with degree in business administration.
Our website is designed by one of the best studios in website development in our city.
We also hire accountants and labour consultants with degree in their areas.

Anyway, what's important is the quality of the seeds we offer.
And to be honest, all these degrees didn't had much impact in the quality of our work, what really made the difference was our passion and curiosity towards the plant, and we achieved this only with our first hand experience of more than 2 decades working with the plant.

konopenko

Veteran
Of course education level is important, cuz people in Ace collective posses some culture de faculty and their memory is workin a lil better than others-not educated :) imo this can not reflect on genetics, but im 100% sure the culture of company is much better-they know customer sevice is everything in this business.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
no amount of degrees or qualifications can match a pure love and passion and a willingness to always keep learning,,,,s2

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bodhi said perfectly in his potcast interview so I won't attempt to quote him. Lol

Kanye also talks about the reliability of those pieces of paper.

A degree, in my mind (& I do have one), shows a certain level of indoctrination, not education.

This doesn't even consider the fact that degrees can be purchased without any sort of formal education.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hi Bumbatar,

I have a degree in computer engineering, other ACE collaborators are agronomists and biologists. At the office we have staff with degree in business administration.
Our website is designed by one of the best studios in website development in our city.
We also hire accountants and labour consultants with degree in their areas.

Anyway, what's important is the quality of the seeds we offer.
And to be honest, all these degrees didn't had much impact in the quality of our work, what really made the difference was our passion and curiosity towards the plant, and we achieved this only with our first hand experience of more than 2 decades working with the plant.
I have 2 degrees and by the time I graduated, 75% was all but obsolete. An education teaches you how to think in your area of study and how to get answers. The real education starts when you DO.

My father had no formal education but could grow corn in sand. Most people with a passion can do as much. School just shortens the learning curve.

clearheaded

maybe he is just wondering if he should go to school or if can just learn to breed without it. I would say yes get educated... look at Chimera. has a leg up right off the bat because he understands genetics and less trial and error and can do more in less time and space...

deepwaterdude

I've been a teacher of kids and of adults, and I largely prefer students who have chosen to study and aren't mandated. Where there's no desire, there is no pleasure, and pleasure, my friends, is the best leader to knowledge;)
Also, the centuries-long "breeding" of mangobiche or malawi didn't take anything but firsthand observation by their custodians and market feedback from buyers/smokers. So get educated, if you need to, or educate yourself, if you can. I had a guitar teacher who told me not to go to College for music, as he could teach me in 6 months what I'd learn in 4 years. I went to music school, and regrettably, he was right, sigh;o)

Maple_Flail

I have 2 degrees and by the time I graduated, 75% was all but obsolete. An education teaches you how to think in your area of study and how to get answers. The real education starts when you DO.

My father had no formal education but could grow corn in sand. Most people with a passion can do as much. School just shortens the learning curve.

Or extends its, Early in my "roadie" career (basically I had started being given more important tasks other than just lifting shit) one of my off seasons gigs was working with a studio as an intern. I was working with a bunch of other Interns that had graduated from some colleges with audio degrees. within weeks I was managing the bunch of them.

Formal education can get you TOO lost in the theory or the book, you need hands on to back it up. If there isn't a balance between the theory and practicality time is being wasted just extending the time before you actually get down and dirty with it.

I find a keen eye and a good work ethic more important at the end of the day for my choice of breeders.

Morphote

Veteran
I have seen many positive growing and smoke reports from people who have grown strains from Ace seeds and was curious as to whether or not breeders at Ace had some formal college level education in plant breeding??

Only thing that matters is the genetics. Hell, Nevil would tell you that and he's a total asshole.

M.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Grow weed at McGill University and get a degree! And McGill is an A player.

If you look around, you'll find a lot of schools offering diplomas.

Spaventa

Veteran
I forgot about this thread. I still think its strange. Asking a ganja man about his written qualifications to make fire ganja lol

W

Water-

I think you guys may be misinterpreting what he was asking.

i think he meant it as a complement to the success of their breeding work.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Socrates and Plato among others did alright by meer observations and study. Oaksterdam has it's place, those truly eager don't wait to learn. Peace

W

Water-

the over eager don't get far fast. Not sure if i am getting what you are saying.
Socrates never wrote anything down and Plato formed the Academy, the oldest known school of higher education in the western world.

I wish I had gotten a horticulture degree. My friends that did have always been a great source of information.

aloha

orfeas

Veteran
the over eager don't get far fast. Not sure if i am getting what you are saying.
Socrates never wrote anything down and Plato formed the Academy, the oldest known school of higher education in the western world.
aloha
agora and symposiums were Sokrates' writing "desk"...supreme minds never need write anything down...their disciples do...and all Plato's works are in Sokratic/dialectic/inductive/deductive approach form...
so what if he did not produce anything in black and white...

:tiphat:orpheus

Latest posts

Latest posts