What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Crack Indica?

browntrout

Veteran
I've got a GC cut that is very indica, small leaf, very stout & bushy. Leaves go purple and the buds are rock hard golf ball type.

Most of the GC or "Cush" I've seen is definitely sativa dominant.

Any ideas? She smells slightly hashy but mostly rich earth/skunk and a tad spice.

mazar_man

Assuming you are talking about the bc cut, do a search here under charles-scott (reeferman)and I think he gives the lineage of the indica.. pretty sure it is a hash plant x purple kush feminized

OregonBorn

There are two different strains of GC out there. One is a sativa dom, the other in an indica dom. The sativa is a clone only GC strain with an unknown indica crossed with Skunk #1. That strain is listed as 90% sativa and 10% indica. As others here have said here, the indica GC strain is an indica cross of hash plant x purple kush. I have only seen and smoked the sativa dom type here in the west. The indica version sounds interesting.

OregonBorn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Of all the cannabinoids, CBN appears to be the most sedative. Not only is it sedative, it takes very little to do the job. The consumption of 2.5mg to 5mg of CBN has the same level of sedation as a mild pharmaceutical sedative, with a relaxed body sensation similar to 5mg to 10mg of diazepam. CBN is synergistic with both CBD and D9THC for inducement of sleeping, and when mixed in the correct ratios, CBN becomes an effective sleep aid of 5-6 hours duration." [/FONT]

So age your weed, dude! Over time THC degrades into CBN. I like to reserve some weed for 2 years that reason. I also like Red Lebanese hash, which has quite a lot of CBN from the long hash making process. By the time it is dried, cured, sifted, pressed, and shipped, its a great relaxer with the high levels of CBD and THC, as well as moderate levels of CBN from aged THC. :dance013:

DeMonet

I have a pheno (or whatever) of HSO GC fem.

It's very skunky, dark green, and it purples at the end, about 7 1/2 weeks. Extremely sensitive to light leaks. It's also very potent!

I figured all these characteristics were recessive skunk traits, as this seed is supposedly an S1 of the classic GC clone that's been passed around the SF Bay area for ages. Other phenos were very much like that classic GC, huge, fruity-mango smelling buds, branches that flop over from the weight, light green, 8-9 weeks (it looks done at 8, but it's not REALLY done til 9.)

Anyway, is it possible that you have a cut of another one of these skunky, purple pheno types, from HSO seed? Mine doesn't make golf balls, more like donkey dongs. But your description sounds a lot like the one I've got.

DeMonet

Moreover, is it possible that the "other," more indica GC that people are seeing, is also simply an S1 of the GC clone that someone, HSO or otherwise, made and passed out?

browntrout

Veteran
Assuming you are talking about the bc cut, do a search here under charles-scott (reeferman)and I think he gives the lineage of the indica.. pretty sure it is a hash plant x purple kush feminized

I looked, only thread that was relevant that came up was "Reeferman/s Breed" is this it? any idea on what page?

mazar_man

charles-scott: "A good number of years ago I was asked by a very ORGANIZED group of growers to breed a female version of this hybrid it became know as mission green crack , we made 2 versions i was reversed HP plant used to pollinate the Purple kush clone the other was reversed purple kush used to pollinate the Z hash plant ."

mazar_man

One was named by snoop dog... The other is a fake imo

Sativa dominant ftw

There are multiple "green crack" cuts.. always has been. Back when I started growing when Snoop was prob still holding up liquor stores and hustling underweight dime bags there was already cuts carrying the green crack name. Silly generic names aside the one(s)we are talking about here are BC commercial cuts derived from BC strain lines.. nothing to do do with Snoop Dog.

Last edited:

SICE

There are multiple "green crack" cuts.. always has been. Back when I started growing when Snoop was prob still holding up liquor stores and hustling underweight dime bags there was already cuts carrying the green crack name. Silly generic names aside the one(s)we are talking about here are BC commercial cuts derived from BC strain lines.. nothing to do do with Snoop Dog.

I guess. The Green Crack I know that USED to circulate around the LA area was a legit Sativa dominant strain that had a nice neon color with long hairs that would flake off. Great smell and effect.

The Indica variety is lack luster and too sleepy for my taste.

browntrout

Veteran
Here is a photo of an old mother outdoors. Started flowering much earlier this year, likely due to age. It is very very thick and squat.

picture.php

browntrout

Veteran

Seeing as I am in canada eat the purple kush x HP makes a lot of sense. It is certainly reminiscent of Canadian PK as well.. We are more likely to get BC strains than US genetics. It starts flowering early outdoors but is very slow and has a stunted look from clone, however in a greenhouse the extra heat really allows her to shine.

JetLife175

Veteran
I guess. The Green Crack I know that USED to circulate around the LA area was a legit Sativa dominant strain that had a nice neon color with long hairs that would flake off. Great smell and effect.

The Indica variety is lack luster and too sleepy for my taste.

This right here. We know the same plant very well. It pops up now and then but most of what we see now are hybrids.

Latest posts

Latest posts