What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Pulled 60 bud worms from deep within the buds yesterday. Mostly on the Outdoor Grapefruits and GG99. (Got them all?) before they cauzed major damage thank God! Theres gonna be alot more everyday Im sure. Plus my newbie partner is pounding ungodly amounts of water through every plant every day, so of course their all yellow now with 5 weeks left to go. And then goes and pulls off every yellow leaf and now they cant eat or grow or anything! I fkn hate newbies who just do whatever they want and dont fkn listen. NEVER AGAIN will I grow at a newb house!

What all preventatives have you been using against the bud worms? Any BT or spinosad? Chems?

I'm about to start applying the BT to mine.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Those bud worms and caterpillars will cause your entire crop to become ground zero and nuke them with bud rot bro. I deal with it every year. Those little bastards serve no purpose and they deserve the slowest, coldest, most torturous death imaginable by man.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Spinoisad is working very well for me. I dont even really spray the plants to the point of dripping. Just a very light misting enough to make the leaves look wet.
Ive also had to apply Sluggo regularly. There are a few slugs lurking and I've found a couple small snails too.
Looking over my plants yesterday I found a couple katydids. Some are vegetarian and some are predatory. I left it on the plant. Spinosad doesn't seem to have any effect on them.
picture.php

Green Squall

Well as you guys know my Freezeland crop was a failure due to aggressive boytris, but surprisingly I'm not upset at all. Even though it was a total loss, I definitely learned a lot. Next year will be a success for sure!

I still have a couple plants on my deck. One is flowering nicely but the purple trainwreck is way behind. Anyone know if this strain is slow to flower? Luckily I have a sun room that I can finish it in if need be later this fall.

NENugger

Six plants in MA

Six plants in MA

ODW thanks for a great thread for Ma.

For my humble first grow, I have 5 plants outside north of Beantown.

Orient Express clone
picture.php

Durban clone no training
picture.php

notPurpleBud clone LST (name cuz nothing is purple yet)
picture.php

top 3rd of Durban planted EO May. Cut alcove into wild roses at edge of swamp. Least care, biggest buds. Wondering how to support fattening buds on spindly stem yet still keep guerilla stealth.
picture.php

notPurpleBud all same huge plant
picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The botrytis was probably caused by the budworms and you didnt even know they were in your buds. Every spot of what looks like botrytis has been cauzed by the worms feces as he leaves a trail of poop and discharge on the innermost parts of the buds.

Thats how I know were to look for em. A small spot of brown and 100% theres a worm in there! Ive been searching every single bud which takes hours. But its worth getting them out before they cauze damage beyond repair. They are even attacking the tops on the small 2 gln S.O.G which shows just how fkn bad they are this year. I HAD too harvest that ODGF#2 this morning before it started to rot everywhere I pulled a budworm out of it.

I try to clean up the poop and fkn mess they leave in the bud but its hard to get it all 100%. I cut the brown out and leave as much of the bud as I can that hasnt been pooped on. I REFUSE to spray ANYTHING on my p[lants this close to harvest. The Glues are only at week 5 of 9 so thay could probably get a BT spray and be fine but I dont want to risk people smoking that shit if it doesnt wash off before harvest.
Besides............
The worms are in the buds. It takes 3 days to kill the worms after digesting BT, so I dont want dead worms in my buds. They'de cauze the damage anyways. Ill just take the tiume and just keep picking them out everyother day. SUPER P.I.T.A but fuk those fkn bastard, filth, flarn, filth fkn budworms!!!!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Im not even sure what week that GG99 is on but its getting attacked by budworms viciously. Ive been diligently looking through each and every budsite but they are so fkn hard to find if they just got into the bud and havent cauzed any damage yet. Ive gotton like 40 outa them buds, that would have ruined that plant, but I got them little fkrs out in time.

Only lost about 3 grams so far. Not bad for being raided by the borg. (no, not spider mites lol) I think week 7. but Im not 100% sure. It looks pretty done. I need to scope it to make sure the trichs' are cloudy tomorrow. Then Ill make up my mind when to cut.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
The early flowering Sandstorm I had ended up being almost a total loss. The mold came on with a vengeance , I didnt catch it quickly enough and the mold just took over. Prestop killed the mold off on the surfaces of the plant but the mold had established itself within the stems and started killing off the plant branch by branch. Prestop managed to prevent mold on new growth so I was able to salvage about an ounce but the rest of the plant went got thrown into the woods. Bye bye.

~star~crash~

i spend a lot of time grooming my crop looking for and cutingt out the rot, take away the bad foliage so it does not lead to rot ... that sort of thing

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I can't seem to find Prestop locally, are there any other products that contain Gliocladium catenulatum? I would like to try and salvage my 2 plants I had to move outdoors. At the moment it looks like I might have to cut them early and hash all the buds.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That works too! Have to order enough stuff to make prime worth it right :biggrin: So anybody who has used this, is it too late to use now that I've actually seen some buds going grey and mushy? From my understanding that is the final push of botrytis, the main infection is inside the plant itself. Is, like the name suggest, PreStop something I should have used before putting them outside? It sounds like it might be worth it for next time, but it might be too late for me now?

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
Prestop is meant to be used a preventative not as a curative. Picking suitable cultivars, pruning for smaller tops and full sun with good airflow will be the best way to avoid in the future. If using prestop it should be well before you think you might have a problem, if you can note when you first started seeing the issue, subtract 2 weeks or 3 and then that should be a decent starting place to think about next year doing preventative treatments, bacillus subtilis products can work the same for botrytis, fusarium etc. I don't believe it has been tested to see what health effects you might get from combusting a product sprayed with these though so use at your own risk.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Prestop is meant to be used a preventative not as a curative. Picking suitable cultivars, pruning for smaller tops and full sun with good airflow will be the best way to avoid in the future. If using prestop it should be well before you think you might have a problem, if you can note when you first started seeing the issue, subtract 2 weeks or 3 and then that should be a decent starting place to think about next year doing preventative treatments, bacillus subtilis products can work the same for botrytis, fusarium etc. I don't believe it has been tested to see what health effects you might get from combusting a product sprayed with these though so use at your own risk.
Yeah that's kind of what I figured, these were 2 plants I hadn't planned on moving outdoors, but now I know. Good information for next time though thanks for the post!

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Question

Question

Just wondering about how long a plant will take to go from green to yellow. One of my plants is yellowing hard at the top of the main stem and has been trying to for the last two weeks which is why I started feeding. It worked and the plant stopped yellowing but is starting to yellow again so should I feed or should I just let the plants eat them selves at this point. Got about 3-4 weeks left. Thanks for any and all help:comfort:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: