What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

Thank you star crash, though I do not think of it as work !

Just a quick update, tomorrow is DAY 1 of - Sleestack X Skunk #1 - #3, which is my first one to go in flower. She does not look the greatest so far, some thrips damage (as usual as of lately), a bit small, I transplanted her into 7 gallon pot last night. I am sure she will take off, if not, I plan to grow her at least 2 cycles unless I am really unhappy. I have her in a hilly billy mix of perlite, vermiculite and compost/vermicompost. So far that mix has been a hit and miss. mostly miss. lol.

Mostly I want to show how small she is on DAY 1 in case she turns into a monster, I always love when that happens.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This one is one of my keeper, Memory Loss from Archive Seeds. Really phenomenal plant, the one in front is on day 1 tomorrow same as Sleestack X SKunk #1 and the plant at the back is another Memory Loss probably around 30 days in.

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Not so much a Les Fleurs Bleues update here as I have shown a lot of her but I mostly want to make a point that SIP is a great great option for organic growers. By far the easiest way to grow the greatest cannabis.

This SIP is probably on it's 5th or 6th round, has been in this 3x3 tent for over a year now I think, or close to.

DAY 45, 2 weeks to go!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

The pictures are not great tonight, I had my woman's Nikon with the wide angle, the best I could do. I still wanted to have them in the journal.

First one shown here is a cross of Dragon Fruit X SpaceBomb. Fairly quick to flower, The best Ive grown from this seed line. However I am hesitant to grow more of them beans because I feel the Spacebomb male was weak. I am tempted to reveg this girl so that is why I wanted to have at least a few pics.

The smell is very spacebomb / hazy / romulany , very very pleasant but not super loud. Anyway, she could use an extra week but whenever I think I might reveg a plant I prefer to harvest them earlier.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

This plant is special enough, MissJack #3. MissJack was a cross I made using a random male Pennywise on a stellar Senora Ampero mom. I have 4 females on the go right now (they were the last beans and no males made the cut)

I am looking for a particular pheno I found a while ago that was the mother of Les Fleurs Bleues.

This #3 is not quite like the pheno that I am looking for but has some similarities, she is the first one the 4 that I harvest and I will most definitely grow her several times, I have 2-3 more in the flower room. #1 #2 and #4 were not as healthy going in the flower room so I will grow them all at least 2 cycles and hopefully I can afford to get them all tested.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Here is the current line up, lots of them in flowering already with a copy in veg or about to be flowered but I almost have duplicates of everything and running between 1 to 4 seeds of each crosses.

Cultivators Choice - Thunk
Cultivators Choice - POG
Cultivators Choice - SleeStack X Sk1
Chimera - Grapefruit X ChemD
Chimera - Purple X
TGA - SpaceBomb
Medical Marijuana Gen - Candida
GS - Dragon Fruit X SpaceBomb
GS - Les Fleurs Bleues (Senora Ampero X Pennywise) X Blue City Diesel
GS - Sweet Pine
GS - CBDQ7
GS - MJ X BCD X CHUPACABRA
GS - Chupacabra X ?
GS - MissJack (Senora Ampero X Pennywise)
GS - Strawberry OG X ((Senora Ampero X Pennywise) X BCD)
GS - SpaceGrin X ? (a DR. Grinspoon cross)
CBD Crew - Therapy
Archive - Memory Loss
Bodhi - More Cowbell

attachment.php

attachment.php

This CBDQ7 is a bitch to grow! I want to see how she performs currently in the flower room for the second time, she s super quick in flower but takes forever to veg because she always wants to flower and wont grow out of her funk.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

Dragon Fruits X SpaceBomb #2

attachment.php

attachment.php

BCD X MissJack X Chup #2
I have 2 going and I screwed up on both, I have a couple waiting to be flowered again but I am waiting to sense the terp profile on the this one.

attachment.php

attachment.php

A close up of a memory loss bud, got a couple weeks to go at least. kinda screwed up on that one too but she s still gonna turn out ok. Something was off with that batch of compost....

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

When I clone, I use 3 slow release cucumeris pouches on the tray with the clones. Ive noticed the last few cycles that after 10 days on the cloner, the cucumeris are all out of the pouches and all over the tray and neoprene pucks. So when I finish transplanting the clones, I like to leave the tray on top of older plants to give a chance for the cucumeris to keep working.

attachment.php

Memory Loss, and in the background my hilly billy DIY LED fixture... it has been working quite well for me.

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

This is the most challenging and complex veg room ever for me. Every time I water and do the maintenance, I have so many decisions to make. I ll be first to admit I got ahead of myself, as usual... I think there is about 10 ''mothers'' I really want to keep for a while, on top of everything else.

It does not look that bad from the pics but that's because I just got rid of a lot of plants and clones. On top of that I am waiting on a pack of 10 to germinate. Slk X Blockhead from Chimera.

Given the time of the year, I think I might use the outdoor to keep some clones alive until I harvest them.

The coming months are not going to be the greatest, it's about to get hot, HOT, and the compost mix I used on a lot of plants back in April was not the geatest, and it shows in the flower room. Temps hovering right around 80 and humidity at 40-45%.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Les Fleurs Bleues at day 56 or 57. So far I have been taking them down right around day 57 but I know it's too early. I believe the sample sent to the lab was from a plant taken down at day 57 as well though.

This one is only starting to fade, I hope I can afford to let her go an extra week at least.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I could not wait any longer, I needed medicine! She was only starting to fade. She has an awesome bouquet, I can not get over the blueberry muffin smell on this lady. I think she has a better smell at day 62 vs 57. I really want to take her at day 70 some day but not this time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Took an hour to trim Fleurs Bleues down. Shortly thereafter I had -(SleeStack X Skunk#1) #4 . This SIP has been in this tent for well over a year now. Probably on it's 6th run. I pulled the rootballs, transplanted, top dressed with worms and compost. I am giving her a couple days to adjust then flip. Here we go again!!

Also, I pollinated a couple Fleurs Bleues buds and also a couple Memory Loss buds with a random Thunk male. I am growing it outside, hoping for it to reveg, days are getting longer so it should work.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

A couple days ago, I pollinated Les Fleurs Bleues and Memory Loss with a Thunk dude. I only pollinated a couple buds, seeds are forming.

attachment.php

Spidermites, yikes!! it's that time of the year. I plucked the leaf, and a few others ... I got my weekly bugs today. I gotta say the mites were not too bad over the Winter and most of the Spring but with the recent heat they are very mean to my plants. It's really stressful right now.
attachment.php

Chimera's Grapefruit x ChemDBx
attachment.php

SpaceBomb X DragonFruit #2, this girl is super quick, she flipped on April 12th... so I will try to give her another 12 days to take her to day 60. no mites on her!
attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I am having to top the stretchers, a technique I quite like, 2-3 weeks into flower when a plant gets too close to the light, instead of lowering the pots or raising the lights I simply top them one more time. I had to do it in this garden with SleeStack X Skunk1 #3 and with the Grapefruit X ChemDBx
attachment.php

attachment.php

I snapped a few pics of the main room with a flashlight. Lots of mites in there right now :/
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

I had to post this in this thread, I have germinated thousands if not tens of thousands of seeds since Ive started growing, (granted a lot never make it to the flower room) but this is my first triple leaflet seedling.

I know they are not that rare, but first time for me.

She is a BlueSage X Dr. Grinspoon X ? All other Dr.Grinspoon crosses I was trying to germinate around got decimated by gnats, not this one. I hope she turns into a special girl. On the container containing the seeds I had written many years ago, ''seeds from stellar female, must be grown...''

needless to say I am stoked about this one.

Besides, a quick peek at the veg room, packed with diversity, from some of the highest CBD plants around to some of the highest THC plants, home pollen chucking at it's finest!

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

remember this triple leaflet seedling? She grew super slowly and she made it! tomorrow will be day 1 flowering, day 60 total. I just realized that I have not sexed this plant, I assumed she came from female pollen or even selfed but I dont know for sure! it was years ago. I am really really stocked about this plant. I took 3 clones off of her and I have really high hopes. (BlueSage X Dr.Grinspoon) X ?

The mother was a fairly quick flowering plant and also the high was super strong if I recall correctly I did not want to go out after smoking that weed!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Veg room, got rid of a lot of duplicates, also I am going to take advantage of the time of the year and keep some clones outside, all the ones that I have never flowered, I can keep alive outside for a couple months no problem!
attachment.php

attachment.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I've been fighting a couple mites at work. Lost some moms to them but we were able to get clean cuts first. Had to bring in about 500 more after that to keep everything rolling. I'll have a huge pic blast soon to kick off that buildings resurrection.

Where did your bugs come from again? Gifted cuts or ....?

SpaceBomb for the win. Looking forward to the finished/trimmed pics.

G

Gr33nSanta

If you read the very first post, I explain that I have used bugs for the bugs for years without ever starting over, without ever spraying (besides water...).

I get the bugs from a local distributor, the 2 main company producing the beneficial insects, that I know of, in Canada, are Biobest and Applied-Bionomics.

I dont ever take cuts from people mostly because I am overwhelmed with my own stuff and I have never been shy to order seeds but also because I have not had powdery mildew since 2012 and all the local cuts are full of it..

I have had bugs in the room for as long as I can remember. Mites was the last thing to hit, I think I got rid of them for almost a year somewhere around 2013 or 2014 but I am so hooked on my pot that I can not imagine taking a break.

Plus I live somewhere where growing weed is quite popular so you never know where you gonna take home some mites.

Over the years I have come up with weekly application rates of beneficial insects. It is not a perfect way to grow, I could yield a lot more if I was doing a little more conventional (cycles) and I could use way less bugs. However, this allows me to have constant supply of fresh terpy herb, allows me to never get bored.

Now is the beginning of a stressful time of the year but I hope I can keep the garden rolling this way for years as it has, wish me luck!