What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxaca 79

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I was happy to read on the new website your work with this set of genetics. Thank you Dubi! Peace

Dr.King

Veteran
Well, after almost 2 months curing the Oaxacans 79 i'm very enthusiastic about the findings and potential of the line, it's probably the best pure landrace sativa i've had the pleasure to explore at least for the last 10 years.

Even the average oaxacans are very good, but the ones that are above average and the exceptional ones are simply out of this world .... the terpene profile is amazingly complex for a pure landrace, a mix of super refined incense, musky, perfume, wood, lime, ... that translates incredible well to the smoke. Effects are also very complex, uplifting and trippy, a good intense effect of at least 2-3 hours of duration.
The oaxaca 79 reminds me the best Kali Mist from the 90s, but completly pure sativa, without indica or skunk. The incensey aromas that leaves the joint in the room when is burnt is incredible, almost make me feel like praying.

We will bring next week the best Oaxacan 79 females we have found to analyze for cannabinoid and terpene content and profile. Kaiki is at the moment busy with his trips but hope we can find the moment to meet in person soon, so i can share with him the best oaxacans we have found. Hopefully they will be useful for his breeding projects and to preserve this special strain, he is also super enthusiastic about the potential of this old mexican line.

Elite none the less :tiphat:. Can't wait too fill up a acre with some big Oaxacan trees! Thanks for all the great information and best of luck in the future.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I have found great quality in the early flowering phenos (around 9.5 weeks) and also in the longer flowering ones as well (the ones that need around 11-12 weeks of flowering to mature).

Remember the Oaxacan 79 line was/is a S1 landrace line so i had to discard many weak, low vigorous or undesirable mutants plants, but the few ones that made it really worth the effort.

Even the average quality Oaxacans are pretty good (great if you compare them with other P1 landrace sativas) but fortunately there are many special plants to be found in the line that really stand out.

I mainly decide which parental plants to keep for breeding by doing myself smoking tests for at least 3-6 months of curing, in order to evaluate how the curing process also affects the aromas and effects.

The analysis for cannabinoid and terpene content will be extra complementary info that not only will be useful for us but also for the growers and for landrace lovers interested to learn more about these great classic sativa lines.

3-6 months? You are killing me friend! :laughing:

Glad to hear everything is working out as well as it has. I would love to see pics of each plant and hear about the effects and differences between growth structure / high / etc. :tiphat:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh boy, another one I will end up buying. Other than a real Acapulco Gold the Oaxacan is one of the most sought after Mexican strains.

MrHamilton

Veteran
I grew out the Eldorado last spring. Vigorous with a very sweet strawberry smell that really carries through when both smoking and vaping. I prefer a longer cure, but this had nice legs even at the 1 month "test"😁

S

scai

Where did you get that Eldorado ;) aah, okay, not in sale anymore....
Oaxacan sounds interesting.I'm in the queue when this comes to market...

Last edited:
S

scai

I assume lime green is Limon Verde but not sure. It was called lime green, very sticky, tiny trichomes, tightly pressed bricks, tiny black seeds and not red are brown like most Mexicans. I would ask if it comes from Oaxaca and was told they grow a lot of weed in zacatecas and michoacan. I have had Mexican bricks that were stamped with a scorpion from Durango that were pure indicas. I have limited space and have one pure Mexican that I keep. I made crosses of short, tall and medium height Mexicans crossed with deadhead og. I have to do some searching with these Mexican seeds. I have let people flower out random Mexican seeds here outdoors in Colorado. Some is very fluffy and reddish brown and not very potent but huge yields of Schwag. Of random brick weed seeds about one in ten will be potent. Some will be really good sativa with short flowering times. I need people to help me grow and select these mexicans but selection takes time and space. No one likes growing out beautiful plants then it dries and its weak ugly Schwag. I think the best weed on earth is Mexican but it does take selection. I think for me I will be using Mexicans to make all these great strains in Colorado more vigorous, heat resistant and to add a broader spectrum of terpenes. The closest thing I have seen to good old school Mexican would be Colombian black bastards from gage green. I personally like those more than the landrace strains from ace.

I grew two years ago those Black Bastards and I liked them, vigorous, heavy crop.
No one knows what in them except Black Colombian. But...they were good.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Well Ace just released the 79 oaxacan X purple pck. I bought three 5 packs of seeds immediately! I am really looking forward to this one. Thank you everybody at Ace for sharing the Purple Mexican! Dubi did you use the 79 oaxacan in any other studies that may see market some day?
Peace

Koondense

Veteran
It was released by Cannabiogen, Ace are selling them.

I would like to know if it's a different cross compared to the older Purple Mexican seeds from some years ago.
Would be great to also have a Oaxaca79 x Green PCK cross, I'd probably take the green one.

In 1979 Oaxcan was the best and was grown all over Northern California from West Marin to Garberville , thanks for this new strain Ace . Oaxacan colas were some of the best buds around . Most of the really good stuff came from the moutains of Michoacan and Zacatecas also near the town of Fresnillo is we're I was told that the real good violet and purple bud could be found, if you didn't, shook down for money by cops first .

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Koondense, Your right. I meant to write Ace's site. I thought it but didn't write it. Either way it's out there for us all to enjoy! I chose the old timers haze as my freebie. I'm very excited for them also. I have never grown a sativa that takes 20 weeks or more to finish. Will be a great challenge keeping the soil ph right the whole grow. Maybe a 30 gallon pot will help? Peace

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmmm... Wonder if I should get some. I am waiting on the Oaxacan pure strain but this might do. They seem to not want to let go of the pure Mexican strains, just do crosses.

mexicani-ar

Bodhi / N.S.T. Acapulco Gold

Bodhi / N.S.T. Acapulco Gold

Hola Dubi, aqui le muestro mi macho Acapulco Gold , seria buena idea cruzar este macho con la Oaxaca ' 79, saludos Mexicani-ar

Attachments

• 20160427_085159.jpg
    20160427_085159.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20160502_080857.jpg
    20160502_080857.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 29

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
In 2007 I had a pack of Chimera's Highland Mexican x Blueberry. I did those great seeds such an injustice using CFL lights. I still use the 105 watt cfl's but only as a supplemental light for lower branches. Three 600 HPS's do the brunt of the work now. OK now for my dream request. I would love to see any of the 79' phenotypes offered in an S? whatever. I would drop $100.00 on one seed to keep one as a mother plant. Then everyone who wants to have their dream cross could do it themselves. If it doesn't live up to the dream then you get another cutting and try again. If it self pollinates, Oh poor me! Just my thoughts....Peace

mexicani-ar

Oaxaca 79 female 24

Oaxaca 79 female 24

And finally Oaxaca female 24, this one was the more extreme sativa phenotype, with the craziest foxtailing and slower flowering.

Plants posted in previous posts are more or less a fast representation of the longer flowering Oaxacan 79 phenos.

Hola Dubi, have you evaluated the cured Oaxacan 79 #24, I'm very interested in the smell and taste on this girl, saludos mexicani-ar

Well Ace just released the 79 oaxacan X purple pck. I bought three 5 packs of seeds immediately! I am really looking forward to this one. Thank you everybody at Ace for sharing the Purple Mexican! Dubi did you use the 79 oaxacan in any other studies that may see market some day?
Peace
i just ordered some as well, super excited!
does anyone know how that cross was made?
was it oaxaca79 female x pck male and then a selected
f1 female was pollinated with itself...
or was this oaxaca79 female x pck reversed pollen...
or even pck female x oaxaca79 reversed pollen?
just curious, i will gladly take it any way they will offer it :)

oh, and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]scai, i grew a pack of those bastards as well ;)
i found them very colombian dominant, with the male influence
coming through about 20-25% in the cross
i noticed three distinct male influence differences, one grape, one og kush,
and the third ammonia(even in veg), and some that seemed to have no influence but also seemed less flavorful and/or potent
my keeper was the ammonia one(and her twin brother)
by looking up what varieties they offered at the time and then
looking up what the males of those were, i'm pretty sure the dad to
my keeper was a shanti/mr. nice afghan x haze c as that was supposedly
the dad to their inferno haze
but i could be completely wrong

[/FONT]