What's new

Ken's Grandaddy Purple from seed in coco

iwantmorebuds

I can not tell you how excited I am. I planned to grow this strain like 5 years now, but never get the luck to get them. Now I found 2 x 5 packs and started one of them instantly.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

First I just wanted to pop 3 but hey I want a keeper so I popped the 2 which left in the package a couple of days later.

picture.php

They will be planted in a 15l pot with 70% coco and 30% perlitte under Marshydro sp250.

Stay safe :tiphat:

G

I've got a GDP cross a couple weeks old. First time growing anything with it, so I'm soaking up the info right now. I'll be interested in your adventure and what you find.:tiphat:

iwantmorebuds

All 5 are alive, 3 are a week ahead as I mentioned before I planned to run 3, but popped the other 2 as well later.

Biggers are starting their 2nd week
picture.php

Smallers just started their first :)
picture.php

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love my GrandoggyPurps!
Great cross by CSG years back
Purple frosty putrid stench.
Off to a beautiful start with those girls

iwantmorebuds

The smallers was transplanted to bigger block on their day 6. The root development was perfect, everything looks fine.
GDP #4
picture.php

GDP #5
picture.php

in the blocks...
picture.php

:tiphat:

iwantmorebuds

Biggers are also doing well
GDP #2 was transplanted to her final pot filled with washed and buffed coco/perlitte. She is a couple of days behind #1 and #3.
picture.php

GDP #3
She showed some Mg def on her very first leaves very early but I'm not sure that is not because i forgot to put epson salt in her feeding :biggrin: anyway she stopped to show deficiency and doing well.
picture.php

GDP #1
She is the most vigorous at the moment.
picture.php

Biggers are also doing well
GDP #2 was transplanted to her final pot filled with washed and buffed coco/perlitte. She is a couple of days behind #1 and #3.
View Image

GDP #3
She showed some Mg def on her very first leaves very early but I'm not sure that is not because i forgot to put epson salt in her feeding :biggrin: anyway she stopped to show deficiency and doing well.
View Image

GDP #1
She is the most vigorous at the moment.
View Image

Can´t go wrong with a GDP, great strain,looking forward to see them grow:tiphat:

iwantmorebuds

I'm curious, what are those blocks? I love that spongy stuff.

This things are amazing, like a coconut sponge with a great result.

It called EazyPlugs and You can buy EazyBlocks where your EazyPlugs fit nicely.

It come in dry condition so You can store forever. Once You want to use You just make the plugs wet pop your seeds and after 5-6 days You can put them in the blocks where u still do not need to feed them in the first 3-4 days, only water them with ~ PH 6 water when You can see light brown spots which means they start to dry out.

I use them first time but sure im not going to use anything else from now. Can not wait to try them with cuttings also.

picture.php

SuperBadGrower

Thanks :)! Fantastic... I think I know what you mean about not wanting to grow in anything else. My best clones go in those small plugs and I often find myself wishing the entire medium was just that stuff. Looks great. You can start seeds in the small ones but that one size up is real nice.

iwantmorebuds

Thanks :)! Fantastic... I think I know what you mean about not wanting to grow in anything else. My best clones go in those small plugs and I often find myself wishing the entire medium was just that stuff. Looks great. You can start seeds in the small ones but that one size up is real nice.

You can do the entire grow in this medium, after the block you can again transplant them in a big triangle, but I dont use those but on their web page u can find more info

SuperBadGrower

Yeah, first I thought of a SOG with a root mat, but then I thought hmm maybe they are a bit on the small side. But that's awesome that the block goes into the triangle haha. It has a perfect shape. I bet it's not very cost effective to grow in those but I love the idea.

iwantmorebuds

Yeah, first I thought of a SOG with a root mat, but then I thought hmm maybe they are a bit on the small side. But that's awesome that the block goes into the triangle haha. It has a perfect shape. I bet it's not very cost effective to grow in those but I love the idea.

Yeah looks great, i would eager to see that in works with cannabis plant, but did not find anything.