What's new

RGGs Breeding Project 2020

RGG

Hi Guys

I am about to start a breeding project to see if i can make something thats ticks all of the boxes for me, A clean energetic high, Very little to no body feeling and a fruity, sweet, pineapple taste.

I have a DJ short F13 female i selected from the original F13 re release and the high she gives is absolutely exceptional, super clear high very energetic no heavy body feeling. But her taste is very unenjoyable to the point one of he nicest highs I've had isnt worth smoking.

one of my all time favourite strains i had for years was killer queen lonestar cut i had her for years but lost her really miss her high and taste and the feeling smoking it gave me, I have just got 2 packs of brothers grimm killer queen seeds i am going to pop 20 looking for the female which had the most resemblance to the lonestar cut then select a male with a nice smelling stem rub, similar structure to the female. I will F2 these and also use the male to pollenate the F13.

Another plant which is my go to smoke for last 2 years which is most enjoyable since the fabled lonestar cut is sweet afghan delicious, I Have a beautiful cut of her 7-8 week flowering time beautiful deep cherry taste after a 6+ week cure the high is a little heavy for me but the taste is so moorish i really enjoy it. Unfortunately i cant find and seeds that are not auto or S1 and as this project is purely to satisfy my needs i would prefer not to just self the SAD and play with feminised plants. I will frow the KQ male onto this too.

So this is the first breeding i have done with a direction, I have made loads of seeds over the years pollen chucking and playing, Learning and having fun. Now i have the plants around me to see if i can make the ideal plant to suit my needs. Really i know what I'm looking for it a Lovely Sativa high but i dont know enough about land races of what attributes which ones will give without growing these and trying this is something i will do but i need to make a little more space for longer flowers, Altho i do have access to some really long flowerers my friend has.

So i have a few directions i can go I'm sure it is going to be a lot of trial and error but i am really looking forward to having a solid direction to be heading towards.

I will start soaking the KQ seeds tomorrow and document it if it is any interest to anyone on here.

WelderDan

Veteran
Hi Guys

I am about to start a breeding project to see if i can make something thats ticks all of the boxes for me, A clean energetic high, Very little to no body feeling and a fruity, sweet, pineapple taste.

I have a DJ short F13 female i selected from the original F13 re release and the high she gives is absolutely exceptional, super clear high very energetic no heavy body feeling. But her taste is very unenjoyable to the point one of he nicest highs I've had isnt worth smoking.

one of my all time favourite strains i had for years was killer queen lonestar cut i had her for years but lost her really miss her high and taste and the feeling smoking it gave me, I have just got 2 packs of brothers grimm killer queen seeds i am going to pop 20 looking for the female which had the most resemblance to the lonestar cut then select a male with a nice smelling stem rub, similar structure to the female. I will F2 these and also use the male to pollenate the F13.

Another plant which is my go to smoke for last 2 years which is most enjoyable since the fabled lonestar cut is sweet afghan delicious, I Have a beautiful cut of her 7-8 week flowering time beautiful deep cherry taste after a 6+ week cure the high is a little heavy for me but the taste is so moorish i really enjoy it. Unfortunately i cant find and seeds that are not auto or S1 and as this project is purely to satisfy my needs i would prefer not to just self the SAD and play with feminised plants. I will frow the KQ male onto this too.

So this is the first breeding i have done with a direction, I have made loads of seeds over the years pollen chucking and playing, Learning and having fun. Now i have the plants around me to see if i can make the ideal plant to suit my needs. Really i know what I'm looking for it a Lovely Sativa high but i dont know enough about land races of what attributes which ones will give without growing these and trying this is something i will do but i need to make a little more space for longer flowers, Altho i do have access to some really long flowerers my friend has.

So i have a few directions i can go I'm sure it is going to be a lot of trial and error but i am really looking forward to having a solid direction to be heading towards.

I will start soaking the KQ seeds tomorrow and document it if it is any interest to anyone on here.

Why go thru all that work when C99 fits the bill? Very "up" buzz, very little body and fruity/pineapple taste. Short flower time and easy to grow.

Happy Times

Why go thru all that work when C99 fits the bill? Very "up" buzz, very little body and fruity/pineapple taste. Short flower time and easy to grow.

Pineapple Fields from Dynasty might be another good option

KOS Iron Cindy too, though the one I got to grow was kind of a mix of pineapple and catpiss

RGG

I've never had the old C99 and i brought the new C99 seeds about 3 years ago and i wasn't impressed at all, the high was a nice racey high but the taste was very peppery and i cannot stand peppery taste!

Also i had keep the plants in small pots for a long time and out of about 20 i had 6 pre flower on 24 hour light.

To be fair its also having a bit of fun with some strains i know and like to see what the out come is.

Happy Times

To be fair its also having a bit of fun with some strains i know and like to see what the out come is.

Yeah, for sure. Hope you have fun with the project and find something nice! I bet people would be interested to see what you get from the Killer Queen beans

Another commercial option that comes to mind are the F13 lines from Beanhoarder. There’s a few crosses offered that seem like they might have the high you are looking for with hopefully better flavor. There’s Congolese, Haze, Trainwreck and other crosses offered that I saw

Or maybe also C99 line from another breeder could be an option. It seems weird to get “peppery” from C99.

Did you ever think of crossing the F13 with your sweet Afghan since you like the flavor of that one? Or maybe you didn’t want to reverse the Afghan as a path I’m guessing.

RGG

Yeah, for sure. Hope you have fun with the project and find something nice! I bet people would be interested to see what you get from the Killer Queen beans

Another commercial option that comes to mind are the F13 lines from Beanhoarder. There’s a few crosses offered that seem like they might have the high you are looking for with hopefully better flavor. There’s Congolese, Haze, Trainwreck and other crosses offered that I saw

Or maybe also C99 line from another breeder could be an option. It seems weird to get “peppery” from C99.

Did you ever think of crossing the F13 with your sweet Afghan since you like the flavor of that one? Or maybe you didn’t want to reverse the Afghan as a path I’m guessing.

Im going to start soaking the KQ beans tonight i will get photos of there journey.

I will hava a look into bean hoarder to have a look at these crosses. As it goes i have some seedlings i started these are panama x columbia x congolese male my friend made years ago i have 6/7 of these going be potted on today.

I have been looking at a few old c99 crosses on seedbay.. cant remember exactly but the one that did interest me was blueberry x C99

My original idea was to self the Sweet Afghan onto the F13 but then i am only playing with females its a nice short cut but it would be nice to find a male to play with. and i like the idea of observing the plants more and seeing what outcome i can make.

I did have a search on the dynasty pineapple fields too when it said the taste is "sweet caramel and spices" spices immediately puts me off as i auto pilot to pepper haha.

WelderDan

Veteran
I've never had the old C99 and i brought the new C99 seeds about 3 years ago and i wasn't impressed at all, the high was a nice racey high but the taste was very peppery and i cannot stand peppery taste!

Also i had keep the plants in small pots for a long time and out of about 20 i had 6 pre flower on 24 hour light.

Best bet would be F2's of the original from someone like Joey weed. Best of luck no matter how you approach it

RGG

Best bet would be F2's of the original from someone like Joey weed. Best of luck no matter how you approach it

i wasn't aware of any originals being about still that does sound like a good options.

thanks for any advice its it nice to see it from another perception other than my own.

rolandomota

Veteran
Pineapple pound cake from lucky 13 sounds good and an old Cindy we have been told Fleur du Mal seeds has the real deal pineapple cindy

RGG

Just started to soak the Killer queen for 24 hours, put all 24 in. I will put in a paper towel until they have geminated before transplanting.

Happy Times

I did have a search on the dynasty pineapple fields too when it said the taste is "sweet caramel and spices" spices immediately puts me off as i auto pilot to pepper haha.

It does have a sweetness to the base with some herbal notes, not that peppery but also not straight up Pineapple

RGG

Issues

Issues

So all 24 seeds opened up in the water left for 36-48 hours, since then they are in a tupperware in moist tissue all started to push a tap root out, one has 2! first time i have had a seed do this.

I have had to delay putting them in the grow rooms as yesterday i found i had issues!! Root aphids!! in my mum and veg room really bad and also in my flower room ARGHH! Today everything has been watered with bug clear from the garden centre, also had to treat the veg room for PM, I brought a outside plant in to finish flowering F13 and the bugger got F13 (this was a separate room to everything else) i culled her and though i got away with it... But no one of my purple star dawg mums as covered she got binned, All plants fully stripped back tidied up and sprayed with Eagle 20, mums, 4 trays of cuttings some seedlings i popped about a month ago. My cuttings havnt rooted after 3-4 weeks i issued it as due to low temps but not fecking Root aphids i flooded a tray and soaked all the cutting, i dont know if it will be viable to keep any of these but i at least have to try there is about 200!! If the insfestation wasn't ad bad i would of used nematodes especially in the flowering plants i think i will use these in 5-7 days and put up the yellow sticky fly papers to catch the adults.
Luckily the flower room is lovely conditions i had a 12" isomax fan pulling out and 2 passive 6" in with 3 oscillating fans so no worry about PM here.

So slight delay i will most likely keep these away from everything until i am happy that everything is under control! i will pot these up in a few days latest and put under a temp light until i have the veg room running in good conditions.

RGG

Small update.

the one seed which sprouted 2 the smaller one of the 2 died off. so back to 24!

22 out of the 24 are growing well 2 are quite stunted.

I've got 10 rooted F13 i have only potted up 5 for now and i don't need the rest going to find a home for them as i don't like killing healthy plants.

The sweet afghan is almost ready for cuttings just waiting for her to root in a bit more.

I will get some photos of the littlens end of week they are under a led so the growth is quite slow and they are stretching more then i would of liked.

I need to start to get my veg room fully sorted as i have only just build the rooms where i am, 2 flower and one veg. The veg room needs to be partitioned or i could put a tent in there for males also i need to put in some shelves for my cuttings to go on and mums underneath to make the most of the space. So I've got about a month to pull my finger out and make a an idea veg room for mums, cuttings and a dad space. If anyone has any ideas let me know the space is 3m x 3m by 7/8ft tall.

RGG

Few updates.

sorry for lack of pictures my MacBook decided about a month ago it didn’t want to turn on any more and I haven’t had chance to take it anywhere and i haven’t*looked how easy it is to resize photos.

22 out of 24 killer queen seedlings potted into 10L pots looking very uniform indeed stem rubs produce a pungent limey woody smell. I’m being a bit pre judgemental the lonestar cut I miss so much had very thin leaves and all of these have big wide leaves. Since I got the temperature raised they are very happy plants good vigour.
the 2 I didn’t pot on I have kept alive one is a mutant struggled very hard to pot a 3rd set of leaves but it pushed some out of the first node, the second was so far behind the rest I would of struggled going into a 10L pot, not sure what I will do with these.

i topped all 22 a few days ago to kept on top of the height and I’m not so much looking for the structure.

these will be moved into the freshly vamped flower room next week.

i also have 4 x queen of soul to flower with we’re free be beans when I got *C99 a few years ago. One of a blueberry x bubblegum I crossed years ago and 5 landrace *crosses my pal did. All regs so we will see how many male to female ratio we get. In the same room I will be flowering my old mums and Jaffa dawg depending how much room I have left.

i will be taking cuts off all the Regs in the next day or so.

im going to set up a 1.2x1.2 tent in veg room for males when I’ve made some space.

ill try get some pics uploaded in next few days if it is easy enough.

RGG

So i successfully have killer queen F2's in the making and Killer Queen x F13

seeded Killer Queen

Seeded F13

i already got carried away and accidentally pollinated at least a bud on every plant i was flowering, so now i have potentially got seeds from 8 different cuts x Killer Queen lets hope the male isnt crap.

i ended up with 15 KQ females one i originally marked as Male was in fact female. The male i kept by selecting the fruitiest smell from stem rubs over the space of a couple weeks i cut it down to one of two one was very limey smell the other a bit orangery and tropical fruits. Two had bad formation and diddnt react well to the topping at all which i didn't consider as well the stem rubs came out very woody with couple other smelling very lemony/citrusy. i wish i never topped them at all.

currently 59 days in killer queens and about 1/2 room will be taken down in a couple of days about 5/6 to least for another week or 2. out of the 15 females they are very diverse and different bud formations and smells here are a load of photos from a couple of days ago

RGG

After an absolutely nightmare of 2020 that is so far i finally managed to get around to starting the seeds of the whole project idea.

Unfortunately my grow house got busted so i lost all my plants cuttings etc, luckily for me i cut down all flowing plants 3 weeks prior so i only got caught with fully flowered male loads of labelled cutting and some reasonably sized plants. After an initial freak out removing anything to do with weed around me, everything got sorted and i could finally get on with smoking the Killer Queen. I had 16 girls all kept separate and totally different in flavour and high. i actually made a form so i can write down characteristics and high with me and 2 others down which have a similar taste in weeds, altho at this point the cuttings of each female had been destroyed we all did it for the fun anyways, which actually turned out really fun to discuss each one.

The different plants ranged from tropically fruity to musky pepperry berry smells, the tastes did not come thorough very much. The berry tasting ones were opposite to the highs i was looking for and about 40-50% had a peppery taste which i am not a fan of. the general taste was a woody musky floral kinda tastes each with slightly different notes to berry/fruity side.
The highs were quite nice some heavier than others and 2 which were complete couchlock. but overall a nice high which reminded me of the old killer queen cut without the flavour.

The saving grace was some absolutely lovely dry sift i made with the trim bin, i got about 3grams of the best dry sift i have ever made and first time i had dry trimmed and used a trim bin! the high and taste from the sift after i had pressed it, the flavour the high everything about it reminded me of the old bubble hash i had made and still have some from the original KQ cut.

Today i have finally got around to popping some of the seeds i made myself, a couple of my pals are growing different ones out. I accidentally slightly pollenated my whole room to every cut i was flowing in the room got pollenated by the male i used.

i have just started to soak.
10 x Killer Queen x F13
5 x Killer Queen x Purple punch
10 x Killer Queen x bloody gelato
10 x Killer Queen F2
I'm starting to get low on smoke so needing to stock up so i though id try the crossed with the particularly tasty cut purple punch and bloody gelato. I am really looking forward to what the killer queen and F13 come out like! I'm not planning on keeping any males of making more seeds from this run. I just plan to see how they come out.

All the accidental pollination.

first ones to be grown out

oak with some h2o2