What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LLP's fun in the sun (English weather allowing).

lovelightpower

Veteran
As the title suggests, I am growing outside in the UK.
In one area I have a light box for force flowering in the middle of summer, there is 8 plants, 7 strains;
Amnesia (Soma's cut), (Edit; The Amnesia was actually Chem4, sorry my shit memory)
Rotten Banana,
Poison OG,
Blue Lime Pie,
Zkittlez,
Jigga (Thin mint?),
Strawberry Banana (x2).
They are potted in 50ltr+ pots, in bat shit enriched compost. So far they are about 1 week into flower.

In the other area I am pure mono cropping. It is all Purple Kush, I am using a lower grade compost, but is still all natural enriched with sea weed. Pretty cheap stuff though; the bat shit compost costs bout £15 for 50ltrs, the cheap stuff I use costs £12 for 160ltrs.
I've potted the purple kushes in a variety of pots: 3 x 150ltrs, 13 x 90ltrs, an 80ltr plastic dustbin, and 5 other smaller pots. Theres a few others but they been attacked by slugs and look a bit shit.
All the Purple Kushes will be allowed to flower naturally, and they should finish by mid October.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

lovelightpower

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

So potted all the purple kushes into their final big pots yesterday. I got through 50 X 40ltr bags of the cheap compost. Then watered them all with rainwater from a butt. 14ltrs for all the big pots, 7ltrs for the smaller ones. It's rained pretty well that day, so that was cool.

lovelightpower

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Rotten Banana flower.

Turns out I was slightly wrong. I thought one of the plants was Amnesia (Soma's cut), but it turned out it was Chem4. It's a bit shit cos I didn't really like Chem4. ChemD or Chem91 are much nicer.

Anyway, a little progress update. I think I may be 4 weeks in, or a little less.

lovelightpower

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

This is the nature flowering cycle, purple kush end of the garden.

All getting rapidly bigger. The stems on this strain are an absolute bastard, because they snap really easily which makes training them very difficult.

lovelightpower

Veteran
Here's a few pictures of the plants after stripping the fan leaves during their flushing period.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Blue Lime Pie.
picture.php

picture.php

Strawberry Banana (above)

lovelightpower

Veteran
picture.php

Strawberry Banana (above)
picture.php

Jigga (above)
picture.php

Rotten Banana ((above)which endured several snail attacks)
picture.php

Chem 4 (still not ready) (above)
picture.php

Chem 4 (slightly more ripe flowers on the same plant) (above)

lovelightpower

Veteran
All plants apart from the Chem 4 are now chopped, wet trimmed and are now drying in the sauna space.
The sauna isn't on obviously.
I'll get up some hanging/drying shots soon...

lovelightpower

Veteran
Hey LLP. I thought you said mid October? How come you chopped them all?

Nah, all the Purple Kush in the natural photoperiod flowering area are being harvested mid october.

The light devprivation box is what has been cropped.

Basically there's 2 areas I'm using; Natural flowering area and forced flowering box.

lovelightpower

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Purple Kush alley.

picture.php

picture.php

Looks like I've got fuck all when trimmed and drying, but once it comes off the stalks things should look a bit better.

HalfArsedFarmer

Love the shed man.. it's near my own trim set up, chair and tarp on the ground with Birmingham city on in the background, probably loosing. Only difference is I made my stove out of an old Gas bottle.

nice idea with the stones for stored heat...

JockBudman

Subbed. Always great to see people growing outdoors in the UK. I only wish I could get on that myself but there's too many neighbors and not enough big hedges.

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts