What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st attempt at bubble hash.. Winning

GGNo2

Hi folks.

Ive always been one to throw away my trim, nor anymore though. I kept a zip lock bag full of trim and popcorn and froze it.
Brought myself some bubblebags and set to work this afternoon. 3 washes later this is my return.
I'm a very happy chappy

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Very nice. Make sure it's good and dry before you store it (if you're going to store it). I have lost bubble hash to mold before.

GGNo2

I shouldn't think it will last long enough to store. I've smoked about a gram already today and only had 15g to start.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I still have product from five years ago.

You smoked a gram in one day, noice.

Great looking yield, I must say.

GGNo2

Yes it's been about a decade since I've smoked hash so its a novelty.
Ive been rolling it out and putting it in blunts along with the skywalker kush bud the hash is made from.

I was pleased with the yield and quality of the hash. I watched a lot of YouTube and read a lot of posts about making ice hash before I did. I took bits of advice from all over the Web basically lol.
I was going to do a 4th run as the 3rd run still put out a fair bit of resin but my bags were too small for the bucket and I ended up getting some plant matter in my smaller size bags with water and it ruined the 4th run so I threw it in some butter.
The hardest part was finding a 5 gallon bucket

Nice one bro- loving those pale colours. Im with GGNo2. I dry all my bubble loose for a day or so before i store it. Nothing worse than finding hairy hash balls a week later.

GGNo2

It was, did not last long I tell you. Not even a couple of weeks. My buddy borrowed my bags and had a go but he used dry trim. His came out more solid and dark colour. Mine was more oily and soft.
I can't wait to do some more but that's going to be some time away as I've only just put seeds to germination.

LostTribe

Premium user
how much trim did you use? seems like a lot , 15g, for a baggie. Final trim or fans n all? Looks great though.

GGNo2

how much trim did you use? seems like a lot , 15g, for a baggie. Final trim or fans n all? Looks great though.

I only weighed the trim after it was frozen for some reason lol. It was around 500g when frozen. It was a mix of bud leaves and popcorn I used.

wutwut

Veteran
420giveaway
i made bubble aswell in past weekend for very first time. used 200gr frozen trim whole time. it was pain to mix with hands because my bucket was only 10 litre. did three runs too. next time 100gr per round is maybe better. i got 5-7g very nice different coloured pieces of hash from black to brown and yellow. smell was pretty strong. haven't tasted yet lol.

LostTribe

Premium user
i made bubble aswell in past weekend for very first time. used 200gr frozen trim whole time. it was pain to mix with hands because my bucket was only 10 litre. did three runs too. next time 100gr per round is maybe better. i got 5-7g very nice different coloured pieces of hash from black to brown and yellow. smell was pretty strong. haven't tasted yet lol.

use a drill with a paint mixer bit or grab a cheap set of hand mixers. Work smarter not harder.

15grams from 500g is 3% yield if memory serves. You can do better. Still looks like some fine pull. I'd light it up.

Was this one run on the biomass or multiple? I used t run 3 times. Which micron are you using or multiple?

Best
LT

GGNo2

use a drill with a paint mixer bit or grab a cheap set of hand mixers. Work smarter not harder.

15grams from 500g is 3% yield if memory serves. You can do better. Still looks like some fine pull. I'd light it up.

Was this one run on the biomass or multiple? I used t run 3 times. Which micron are you using or multiple?

Best
LT

I could have got a 4th run easily. I was Stiring gently just making the water swirl.
There was still a decent lump come off the 3rd run, I set up for a 4th but as I could not find a 5 gallon bucket in any hardware stores my bags were loose.
Anyway I ended up getting some plant matter in the 4th run so I chucked it in some butter I was making too. I only wanted the clean oily stuff.
I could have got another couple of grams.

Its a 4 bag set I used 220,120,73,25 microns. I'm growing some oily strains now, both with gg#4 in genetics so can't wait to trim and have another go.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I

Its a 4 bag set I used 220,120,73,25 microns. I'm growing some oily strains now, both with gg#4 in genetics so can't wait to trim and have another go.

my only advice... ditch the 25micron bag... takes too f...ing long to drain, and u get very little at the end ... 73 and 120 is a better product

GGNo2

my only advice... ditch the 25micron bag... takes too f...ing long to drain, and u get very little at the end ... 73 and 120 is a better product

You see the original photo? Well that was actually the 3 different grades I got from the 120,73,25.
I was about to chop it all together but took a photo as an after thought.

Anyway the lump on the right was from the 73 bag, the lump on top left was the 120 and the pale lump beneath was the 25 bag.
If I ditched the 25 I would lose that would I not? It was the slickest as well.
It didn't take long to drain afterall I just give it a few jigs to help it along.

I don't know it was my 1st attempt and I thought the paler and more oils they better, for me that was the 25bag although the 73 did yield waaay more.

RGG

lovely return! looking at this is making me want to run some material.

i've had some material in the freezer for the last 12months, it was from a summer indoor run which got bit hot so i know its going to yield little so i keep; putting it off!

GGNo2

lovely return! looking at this is making me want to run some material.

i've had some material in the freezer for the last 12months, it was from a summer indoor run which got bit hot so i know its going to yield little so i keep; putting it off!

Ya I've got a little bit in the freezer from an autoflower I did in the back yard this summer. I won't waste anything anymore lol.

The skywalker kush I used to make this didnt look like it would yield much. There was not a lot of trichs and it wasn't very sticky but it still put out. You may be surprised by what you have.

I kick myself now because over the last decade I've been growing I've thrown out so much useful bits. I used to leave all my popcorn on the stalks and throw it in the river with all my trim. What a waste.

Latest posts

Latest posts