What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krypto's Ultimate Controler

christen23

Im just starting my build, got almost all the supplies today, using a 6 gallon bucket for the controller and 5 gallon bucket for the plants... should have pics up soon.. But i want to add the air pump but dont now how to wire it in.. Will the air pump even help increase yields that much?? anyone know??

you want the two floats top and bottom or your pump will go on/off over and over. the second float stops this from happening too much

Could you please elaborate on this a little more?

I think i don't understand the action of the second pump exactly. . . I need to go look at the wiring again.

Also, could anyone specify the reason for using plug-in relays? i think i just don't understand the point of a relay.

billbob

on the greentrees control bucket there are float valves that start and stop the pump. the bottom 2 work together to drain the control bucket. When both valves get tripped the water drains. If you only have one valve like the ebb and grow units then the pump goes off and on very quickly over and over. with the 2 valves the pump goes off and then back on after the second valve is tripped allowing some time between cycles. Hard for me to put into words, sorry if it sounds confusing.

The relays have to do with the pump using high-current when they start (i believe). If you don't have them it can cause electrical problems

with the 2 valves the pump goes off and then back on after the second valve is tripped allowing some time between cycles. Hard for me to put into words, sorry if it sounds confusing.

Let me rephrase what i think i heard, i think i am beginning to get it, but am not 100%

So the floats functions are this:

On the bottom there are two float on is about 1/2" lower. On the empty cycle the pump begins to pump out all the water. There is no start and stop action until the water is pulled out to the level where the highest float is activated.

Is this because the water finds its level slowly, so like the pump moves 2 gallon in a minute out of the controller into the rez, but the water can only refill the controller from the buckets - via gravity- at say 1 gallons per minute.

So by creating this space we give the pump a buffer zone, so as the pump pumps to fast it takes longer for this NET GAIN in pump output to catch up to the system and shut the pumps off, only to have the system level out a few seconds later and restart the pump?

Thanks so much for sticking with me to this point. I just am a bad understander sometimes :joint:

jdooderj

flt-002

flt-002

Is there any reason the flt-002 wont work from ww.floatswitches.com. I ordered these because of the link that was given on page 23 or 24 but after getting them and looking they are just slightly different. ON floatswitches.com the ones krypto uses are to the left of these.

wa.mmj.patient

Is there any reason the flt-002 wont work from ww.floatswitches.com. I ordered these because of the link that was given on page 23 or 24 but after getting them and looking they are just slightly different. ON floatswitches.com the ones krypto uses are to the left of these.

I just completed my first test run on a controller built through these plans, I ordered the same float switches and they worked swimmingly. Good luck with your project!

bigmaccommj

WOW - This is INCREDIBLE!!!! I'm a nube and have a couple questions

WOW - This is INCREDIBLE!!!! I'm a nube and have a couple questions

Thank you for posting this Tutorial!!! I just received my MMJ card and I'm legal to grow up to 6 Plants. I have a few questions which maybe simple, but as a Nube I have no idea what I'm look for or where I should look to get some of the components. Your help is very much appreciated!!!!

1. What size are the 90 degree Barbs? Are they the kind of Barbs that would connect in the Fuel system of a Car or something different?

2. What size is the Drain Pump in the bottom of the controller?

3. Do I put a 3.5 Gallon Bucket inside of a 5 Gallon Bucket? What's the purpose of doing this?

4. I can't find the Float Switches you've used and the website is not coming up. Do I use pretty much any Horizontal Float Switch and if I do, how do I turn the float around? I've not found anything that would allow me to take it apart and flip the float over (I may not know what I'm looking at either).

5. Would the 50 Gallon Reservoir be overkill for a 6 bucket setup?

Thanks again for setting this post up - I've been checking into different systems and trying to find one that won't require me to sell Plasma on a daily basis to setup.

billbob

1. What size are the 90 degree Barbs? Are they the kind of Barbs that would connect in the Fuel system of a Car or something different?

1/2inch. They can be found in the sprinkler dept. at hardware store

2. What size is the Drain Pump in the bottom of the controller?

300gph pump will do the trick, but little bigger or smaller will work

3. Do I put a 3.5 Gallon Bucket inside of a 5 Gallon Bucket? What's the purpose of doing this?

Or you can use (2) 2 gallon buckets. The top bucket holds the plant and the medium. The bottom bucket is for draining. The bigger buckets are good for bigger plants

4. I can't find the Float Switches you've used and the website is not coming up. Do I use pretty much any Horizontal Float Switch and if I do, how do I turn the float around? I've not found anything that would allow me to take it apart and flip the float over (I may not know what I'm looking at either).

I would just buy one already made. hydroponics(dot)net. You can make it yourself though if you understand how.

5. Would the 50 Gallon Reservoir be overkill for a 6 bucket setup?

50 gallons is a good amount. You could get away with less if you need for just 6. Maybe 30-40 gallons. If need be you could even use less

sdeg6

just got done with my controller and it doesn't work. when the timer kicks on one of the relays will make a loud buzzing sound and you can see sparks! when i lift up the bottom float the other relay will buzz. took it apart 5 times now and im sure the wiring is where it should be. anyone know what i am doing wrong?

memyselfandi

i have made a optimization, i will try to post photos tomorrow.

i used the lids of the bucket to raise them and added a 10% inclination also putted a L pipe in the water drain of each bucket.

This way no more water in the buckets.

Latest posts

Latest posts