What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to transfer a quote from one thread to another?

Guava

Hi folks.

I want to transfer/quote a post I had quoted in a previous thread to a new thread. Hope that makes sense. Is there a way to do that here on the forums.

I tried to just copy & paste the whole thing including my reply to that post but the original post I quoted comes out all messed up. If I try to just copy/paste within the original quote it shows as white font that I can barely read in the preview and then is invisible with white background when I post it. Help!

I would try to just work from the original post but it no longer exists.

Sincerely,

Technically challenged

troutman

Seed Whore
Easy:

Just click the Quote button at the bottom of the post you want to quote and copy all the text.

Then go into another thread and paste all that text into a new post. :tiphat:

PDX Dopesmoker

Get really stoned and eventually you'll figure it out. This trick works in just about every intellectually challenging situation that I've ever encountered.