What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stressed plants = hermaphrodite seeds

Treevly

It is a very strong strain, but the season was too hot for too long, the site had less than ideal sun, and bugs attacked. The female plants produced their own seeds, although the strain does not usually do that. What would those seeds produce if grown out?
Thank you.

lLucky

There's definitely a chance a % of those seeds will be herm, especially if they are induced to the same stress as their parent.

However I would say it's totally possible to pull a clean plant out of them as well.

browntrout

Veteran
It is a very strong strain, but the season was too hot for too long, the site had less than ideal sun, and bugs attacked. The female plants produced their own seeds, although the strain does not usually do that. What would those seeds produce if grown out?
Thank you.

Someone with more intelligence than I will give you the correct details. But basically if what your saying is true then Rodelization may be occurring. And from what I understand rodelization is a crude form of feminized seed making, known for It’s issues of hermaphroditism. If your seeing male flowers in early or mid flower I wouldn’t put much faith I. Those seeds myself.

lLucky

There are some cuts that tend to produce just a few seeds every time you harvest, and some people really enjoy that, while others just want no seeds.

It comes down to a matter of what you want and if you're willing to deal with any that do herm more than you'd like I think.

Treevly

There is no doubt that they did the herman thing, but I'm wondering if the seeds would therefore be compromised.

HAZENACIOUS

Thank you.
Hi Treevly,
It's hard to say but good chance they would be solid s1 fem seed with a minority of herm offspring, also a good chance it could be a hermi hellride, only way to tell is to grow em out...
If you don't have non hermy seedstock and the strain is valuable to you, you might want to save the seed, but if you have stable non hermy seedstock of that strain already, you may want to skip saving that seed.

Treevly

Thanks for all the excellent replies. The plant has interesting characteristics, so I think I will grow out 6 or so and see if they take after their mother.
Thanks again. :yummy: