What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First DWC grow - how am I looking?

JP12345

You shouldn't use h202...it messes with things in a not so good way. H202 should only be used for sterilizing. Keeping water temps down and using a root zone cleaner like UC roots. It helps keep the root zone in good shape.

I just finished a run. 72 degree water(no chiller) and UC roots. Healthy roots.

I respect what you say, but I've also heard the opposite from equally successful growers. This is the biggest issue with cannabis - there are many ways to skin a cat and everyone's got something that works for them!

roybart

I respect what you say, but I've also heard the opposite from equally successful growers. This is the biggest issue with cannabis - there are many ways to skin a cat and everyone's got something that works for them!

Yes and the cat does not like any of the ways lol

I talked to General Hydroponics and the tech said not to use H202. I trust science!

roybart

Root rot can be caused by several different organisms including types of bacteria, fungi, algae and parasitic oomycotes.

If you are DWC and have only inert food, water the only way you can get brown roots is by the lack of oxygen. Of course if your system is exposed to the elements then you can maybe get airborne contamination.
When dealing with any issue think about the source first, this will guide you to the solution.

I can't see the pictures in this thread, but DWC can be easy for a newbie. I started hydro with DWC and i had good results at once. I over fed, mess up with PH, but it was so rewarding.
Recently i noticed that the roots were brown and short at the end, after the harvest, but the yield was there, and the plants looked healthy nevertheless.

So no need of H2O2, just keep root zone fresh, low EC (max 1) and have fun...

The only problem is the noise of the air pump.