What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12 Outlet air pump question...

Hey all,

I have x2 1750 GPH (110L per minute) 12 outlet air pumps I use for my undercurrent systems. Each comes with a 3/8" hose about 8" long that connects the pump to the 12 outlet manifold. I use 4x2" cylindrical air stones, however apparently they are rated for 5L per minute.

Both pumps put out a fair amount of heat... I'm assuming that the heat created by each unit is being pumped through the air stones and adding to my res temp issues.

Am I able to extend the 3/8" supply hose or will that mess with the output? I'd like to be able to switch to a 10' - 12' hose on each so I can relocate them to a cooler area. Since its a 110L/min pump and I'm only using 50L/min with the air stones, that should compensate for any loss in pressure over distance if thats an issue?

Thanks for the help!

Fixer

Hey all,

I have x2 1750 GPH (110L per minute) 12 outlet air pumps I use for my undercurrent systems. Each comes with a 3/8" hose about 8" long that connects the pump to the 12 outlet manifold. I use 4x2" cylindrical air stones, however apparently they are rated for 5L per minute.

Both pumps put out a fair amount of heat... I'm assuming that the heat created by each unit is being pumped through the air stones and adding to my res temp issues.

Am I able to extend the 3/8" supply hose or will that mess with the output? I'd like to be able to switch to a 10' - 12' hose on each so I can relocate them to a cooler area. Since its a 110L/min pump and I'm only using 50L/min with the air stones, that should compensate for any loss in pressure over distance if thats an issue?

Thanks for the help!

It shouldn't bother the overall output by much at all. Longer tubing/pipe creates more friction but unless you add a bunch of fittings you should be good.

Latest posts

Latest posts