What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

treatment of harvested plants

Trevor cory

Hello ICMag users. I was asking your opinion about what's the ideal temperature to dry a just-harvested cannabis plant. from this plant anything was removed, it still has sweet and normal leaves on it. For how much time should it be kept drying on the ideal conditions?
Plus, what's do you guys use to manicure the weed? do you keep it in a jar after it's dried? if yes, how long and for what purpose?

Vandenberg

Well high and goodbye trevor.:wave: 1st and last post?
All of these questions could have been easily answered using the search function here.
I don't mean to give trevor a hard time but people have been known to ask one question and never too be heard from again.
Trevor if your out there, please feel free and come back and participate at anytime.
Newbies, Please use the search function first before posting redundant questions.

Happy Gardening,
Vandenberg :)

Last edited:

rolandomota

I use a my herbs now dryer with eight trays it cost 180 but it saves space as opposed to hang drying and it works great I use a shot glass in it and dry 3 days thenI burp for a couple of days because it's too dry at the recommended 4 days drying for me especially the small stuff . Small buds are ready 2 or 2.5 days I live in the desert
I tried air drying the first plants for a week and it was still unsmokeable I'm an impatient man when I don't have weed so I said screw this I'm buying the dryer I got the money ......that was in March

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
When I use the search function it takes me to the mobile home page. When I search google and click an icmag link it goes to mobile home page. I cannot search the forums and it has been like this for years.

So maybe Trevor, in his 5 min of ic fame, did try to search and was not able to.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I use a my herbs now dryer with eight trays it cost 180 but it saves space as opposed to hang drying and it works great I use a shot glass in it and dry 3 days thenI burp for a couple of days because it's too dry at the recommended 4 days drying for me especially the small stuff . Small buds are ready 2 or 2.5 days I live in the desert
I tried air drying the first plants for a week and it was still unsmokeable I'm an impatient man when I don't have weed so I said screw this I'm buying the dryer I got the money ......that was in March
Funny thing... The story of the turtle and the hare come to mind?

St. Phatty

When I use the search function it takes me to the mobile home page. When I search google and click an icmag link it goes to mobile home page. I cannot search the forums and it has been like this for years.

So maybe Trevor, in his 5 min of ic fame, did try to search and was not able to.

use google site search

site:icmag.com Keywords

slow dry with ventilation and a tiny bit of heat.

should take about 6 days to get it smokeable dry, one week for the first cure.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Right I do the Google search, link comes up, I click it and it goes to the mobile home page, not the link I was looking for.

romanoweed

@lesterbeans
probably you have set your Viewingmode to Mobile. Just click in top right corner of Icmag, where it says: You are viewing our, and set it to: Full Site instead of Mobile Site
picture.php

(sorry the lowquality, unreadable)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this all the way

i checked out that herbnow thing rolandomota, it looks like a food dehydrator
is it as good as the old way or is it just faster?

A food dehydrator or food preserver will dry your pot in a few hours, but it will not taste the same as slow-dried, so I've read. Very close though.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
A food dehydrator or food preserver will dry your pot in a few hours, but it will not taste the same as slow-dried, so I've read. Very close though.

maybe the thing ro'mo posted was more like a fan beneath a series of racks, or it might have a very low temp heating element
we have a food dehydrator but ive never used it for week
like you said slow and low is the way to go brother!

green-genes77

Veteran
Low and slow is the key. I keep my drying space between 60 and 70 F at all times and the humidity between 50 and 60. I consistently get 10+ day dry times. There have been occasions when I hung entire outdoor plants in 60 degree 60 percent conditions and they took 3+ weeks to dry. The smoke was phenomenal.

Vandenberg

Thank you everybody for your participation, usually the new growers section posted questions don't get much attention, as this one didn't initially.
I'm going to informally adopt this New Grower section ( with no objections from management) and proceed to set up some basic tutorials, at least keep a close eye on this section. :)
I like to see it be set up so that someone can come into this section and do some light reading for an evening and then proceed set up their new medical grow in the simplest way possible to assure them success and access to their potentially life saving meds.
Sick people friendly style.
All the would be recreational growers are most certainly allowed to come along for the short ride that the new growers section most basic 101 information can provide.
Becoming one with the search function:
I will be encouraging New growers strongly that they use the search function in order to not waste everybodies time with simple redundant questions that have been answered countless times for the past 16 years on this website, a vast archive does exist here. If they still got a question, we'll certainly figure out the answer for them.

Happy Gardening
Vandenberg :)