What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WW auto not flowering

Skytec

Hi

Long time since I posted here, prob 15+ years so no idea what my username was.

Anyway, i've 4 white widow autos from SMB seeds, bought from amazon (never again). They are in soil about 7 weeks now with pistils showing 2-3 weeks but none are flowering! They are just growing so I need a bit of advice here.

They are on 24/7 under 700Watts of led, a 600 & a 100. Today I have them out under the sun but I'm thinking now I need to flip them to 12/12 as I don't have the time nor room for this, I never grew autos before & it's years since I had a grow but I know what SHOULD be happening.

I can show some pics but I'm a bit reluctant, does icmag strip the exif data from pics & host them here or do I need to host the pics elsewhere & strip the exif data myself?

Failing uploading pics, what do yas reckon I should do, flip the bitches to 12/12 or what? As it is I've had to tie down the biggest 2 which would be over 2' tall if I didn't to fit in my space.

Any advice at all appreciated...

bibi40

Hi ,

never heard about this seller before , but i just check amazon and see only bad comments .

this is certainly bad quality and /or mislabelled seeds ,
they are certainly not autos , so yes try to flip to 12/12 ...

:tiphat:

Skytec

Attached are a few pics I just took. These were transplanted 3 times which I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to do :wallbash:

Attachments

• 20200528_161021.jpg
    20200528_161021.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200528_161028.jpg
    20200528_161028.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200528_161037.jpg
    20200528_161037.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200528_161351.jpg
    20200528_161351.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 39

Skytec

Thanks for your reply bibi, see some pics I uploaded there, any further thoughts?

The amazon comments are useless as the bad ones are moaning about bad seeds & not sprouting etc, I've done this plenty of times so had no issues there, I got 5 out of 5. The only reason I've 4 left is I folded one watering it when it was a seedling.

Cvh

Supermod
I think I can see preflowers on the 3th picture. I might be mistaken as it's not very clear to see on the pictures.

Skytec

Your correct Cvh, there is a couple on it but no change in the past few weeks. I did knock the lights off for 6 hours a couple of times in the past 2-3 weeks to try trigger them but it seems I stopped them from flowering any further once back to 24/0.

Fuck it, I'll try 12/12 now, lights just turned off so I'll see how that goes for a few days unless someone has a good reason why I shouldn't.

It seems to me they were crossed with an auto but those genes never really made it over properly.

It's a pain in the hole cos I didn't factor in a grow this size, they are going to stretch like fuck now meaning I've to move them...

Anyway, thanks for the replies, I suppose on the plus side I'll have a load more bud at the end of it. :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi

Long time since I posted here, prob 15+ years so no idea what my username was.

Anyway, i've 4 white widow autos from SMB seeds, bought from amazon (never again). They are in soil about 7 weeks now with pistils showing 2-3 weeks but none are flowering! They are just growing so I need a bit of advice here.

They are on 24/7 under 700Watts of led, a 600 & a 100. Today I have them out under the sun but I'm thinking now I need to flip them to 12/12 as I don't have the time nor room for this, I never grew autos before & it's years since I had a grow but I know what SHOULD be happening.

I can show some pics but I'm a bit reluctant, does icmag strip the exif data from pics & host them here or do I need to host the pics elsewhere & strip the exif data myself?

Failing uploading pics, what do yas reckon I should do, flip the bitches to 12/12 or what? As it is I've had to tie down the biggest 2 which would be over 2' tall if I didn't to fit in my space.

Any advice at all appreciated...

Before getting rid of them, try 18 hrs on/6 hrs off. I think, if true autos, 12/12 will be counter productive. Switching times around is fruitless. Try 18/6.....and leave it there!!!!!!!!

Also, use 1/3 strength BLOOM nutrients every 3rd watering to coax plant to start blooming/flowering.

Try Screen (SCROG) or gently LST. Transplanting....you've already done it.....just grow to best fruition. They look ok.

Here's what it says on their website (White Widow)

White Widow is one of the best known marijuana varieties worldwide and is a highly awarded variety in recent years in the Netherlands. SMB SEEDS wanted to work hard to achieve a self-feminized SMB White-Widow with a lot of resin .

The productions of SMB White-Widow Autoflowering can be around 70-120 gr, indoors where more efficiency will be obtained exposed to photoperiods of 18 to 20 hours of light.

Outdoors cultivated in mother earth (in an orchard) will offer its maximum production. The life cycle of this automatic plant from germination to be harvested is 60-65 days. The usual thing in autoflowering seeds is to put them in the period from March to August, but this varies based on the climate of our environment, from the first symptoms of spring until well into the summer.

It shows the first signs of flowering around the 3 or 4 week and in the following 30-35 days the formation of its buds is very fast.

It is characterized above all for being an autoflowering plant with a lot of resin , as well as its sweet flavor, very similar to that of its non-auto version. Its buds are hard and compact.

It is very comfortable and discreet, a good marijuana plant easy to grow, even a beginner will enjoy growing it.

It has a large compact central bud and several lateral branches of height and thickness similar to the main one.

SMB White-Widow is known as a marijuana for medicinal use, thanks to its strong relaxing and pleasant effect, the body and mind relax. This sensation is intensified in the autoflowering version because it provides higher amounts of CBD .

Skytec

Cheers aridbud, I'm going to go with your advice on 18/6 for a few days. They were on 12 hours of darkness last night and seemed to have an extra preflower or 2 this morning but you know yourself, that's probably wishful thinking...

I grabbed a timer this morning & managed to get another 6-8" height in the growroom so I'll keep doing the LST & go with SCROG if it get's out of hand.

And cheers for that from their website, I hadn't seen that.

Much appreciated lads :tiphat:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I was told as well that autos should remain under 18/6 from start to finish, which ia basically their lighting schedule where they originate from, give or take..

RED 1

I would check under leaves for any bugs, just to eliminate their presence
They can be another reason for this prolonged veg. stage
:)

Skytec

Na no bugs Red :)

I'm nearly a week into 18/6 & the one in the smallest pot is budding nicely but the other 3 not so much :-( They are just getting bigger, lots of LST and over 2' now.

They are in a bad spot under a 600 LED & 100W LED, I've the 600W set to BLOOM & the GROW turned off, it's a 600W WAKYME I got off amazon.

Luckily I've a 4x2" tent & 4" fan and carbon filter to go with it ready to go tomorrow night :tongue:

Anyway, what's your recommendations on a bigger LED, preferably off amazon ? I'm in ireland btw

Also, I only have tomato food to hand, what's a good mix to give them? I gave them a half strength mix about 5 days ago when you mentioned 1/3 strength bloom aridbud, unfortunately I don't have any of that.

Fixer

I'd filp to 12/12 and see if they sold you photo period seeds. The plants look healthy. If they are autos they'd be doing their thing and be getting close to done. :tiphat:

PS When I was growing in tents Mars worked well for me. I did have some diode burn out which they eventually fixed but it took forever.

Last edited:

Cmoon

I'd filp to 12/12 and see if they sold you photo period seeds. The plants look healthy. If they are autos they'd be doing their thing and be getting close to done. :tiphat:

My thoughts also, if they be photos only weak genetics will break under a 24 hours lights out, those look in fabulous health.

im not experienced enough with autos but id give the repotting a consideration as to the reason for stall, im currentl growing 4 differing auto strains from Urban Legends and one did not come on strong with the rest in almost identical conditions throughout the run.

I nearly ordered the seeds from amazon but could find no track record, hopefully these will be photos, boom 10 week to go:bigeye:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Na no bugs Red :)

I'm nearly a week into 18/6 & the one in the smallest pot is budding nicely but the other 3 not so much :-( They are just getting bigger, lots of LST and over 2' now.

They are in a bad spot under a 600 LED & 100W LED, I've the 600W set to BLOOM & the GROW turned off, it's a 600W WAKYME I got off amazon.

Luckily I've a 4x2" tent & 4" fan and carbon filter to go with it ready to go tomorrow night :tongue:

Anyway, what's your recommendations on a bigger LED, preferably off amazon ? I'm in ireland btw

Also, I only have tomato food to hand, what's a good mix to give them? I gave them a half strength mix about 5 days ago when you mentioned 1/3 strength bloom aridbud, unfortunately I don't have any of that.

Use tomato food, 1/2 strength every 3 waterings. If no show of pistils or balls by now at 18/6, you've got a photoperiod, not auto.

Skytec

Cheers Fixer, I ended up going for the MH SP250, fits perfect so we will see! Do you know what an SP250 = in say a 600HPS in flowers? I know it's not that simple but roughly :tongue:

My thoughts also, if they be photos only weak genetics will break under a 24 hours lights out, those look in fabulous health.

im not experienced enough with autos but id give the repotting a consideration as to the reason for stall, im currentl growing 4 differing auto strains from Urban Legends and one did not come on strong with the rest in almost identical conditions throughout the run.

I nearly ordered the seeds from amazon but could find no track record, hopefully these will be photos, boom 10 week to go
bigeye.gif
The plants in those pics I used miracle gro general purpose compost & perlite, works every time :tongue: I'm adding tomato food now every 3 waterings.

Don't buy seeds off amazon, they are obviously selling their crap. Who's going to leave a shitty review saying they grew them with their amazon name, you would want to be some dope...

Anyway, the update, I'm on the 12/12 a few days now & under a new light since yesterday so I'll see how it goes. I'm expecting good results anyway just a lot longer than expected.

This SP250 seems to get good reviews so if anyone can link me to a grow under one please do cos I don't get a fuckin minute here, ie when I get home from work :tongue:

Cheers lads :)

bibi40

Hi mate !!!

they' ll flower now at 12/12 !!!
certainly not auto' s ...

some good grows with the sp250 in the vendor section of mars hydro

:headbange

Skytec

Hi mate !!!

they' ll flower now at 12/12 !!!
certainly not auto' s ...

some good grows with the sp250 in the vendor section of mars hydro

:headbange
I didn't know they had a vendor forum here, deadly :tongue: Plenty of reading for me there for a while :)