What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gypsy Nirvana - Simple/Stupid Way - to grow good Cannabis - for £1/$1.20 -

Cvh

Supermod
Full organic grow for the win! The only thing you just need to do is not forget to water her.

That plant looks about done. It's about chopping time.
Like a real lady she'll reward you back if you treated her right!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Always nice to see a new grower having success at growing. :muahaha: jocking!
Really nice to show what can be done with so little.. also as I understand the cost was the pot, so maybe next time go for zero cost and use the bottom of a 5 liter water bottle, or a ketchup bucket or something. Anyway, nice to see you are having fun and growing again, sir! :tiphat:
You probably need a bit more calcium in there for the tomatoes.. but for dirt cheap those are really nice tomatoes. Weed looks great as well!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well - it has been a while since I was ready - willing - and able - to grow again - and like many old growers - we often seem to bounce back - even if it's not on such a grand scale any more - its still a joy to grow the plant - even if it is just the one - lol

picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Wonderful plants! I used to have an apple tree in my yard until a storm toppled it. Always had a plentiful supply of apples and the local wildlife appreciated it as well. Never really stopped to think that it also enriched the soil. Kind of interesting to think of the tree pulling nutrients from deep down and returning it to the top soil.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Ah.... never thought of that. There are several thousand wild apple trees in my area. Gonna hook up the trailer to the ATV and pick up a load.

Thanks for this post!

Mattbho

Nice grow .

I just want to add that important fact you stated in beginning that you let this dirt dry out to the point of wilting a few times.

Too many new growers way over doing it. K.I.S.S.

bibi40

Hi ,

you did well to let her long time more ,

now she' s really gorgeous and make me salivate too !!!!:biggrin:

:tiphat:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Thanks for the new pics mate!

She looks like she's gonna be tasty!

Great thread to show the young newbies that you don't need all the fancy snake oil the growshops are pushing to grow some fine buds!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I got dwarf. Hoping for 6. I’m getting up in years. One apple before I die. That’s all I want. Just one but two would be nice.
I don't know if it's the same way with apples, but with plums you gotta get a pair of them so they can cross pollinate. It wont' self pollinate and it won't make plums without being pollinated. I was told this is wrong info and it makes me question the nursery who sold us the plum trees, I think maybe they just wanted to sell 2 trees :D

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
I have some semi dwarf peaches and apples that produced small 1/4 size fruit this year,(3-7) they were planted 4/19. Tree company claims they will produce in their second year.

Fruit trees from seed should take six years to produce fruit. I was always told 3-4 years is what it takes for both peach and apple trees to produce, dwarf and semi dwarf should produce a year or two earlier than standard variety’s.

Possibly a latitude issue hh, for a summer I worked on a pick your own orchard, they had peach, apple, strawberry, various vegetables. Four multi acre locations owned by same family.
They were at latitude 37.8- 38.3, in the Midwest, St Louis area. That is the southern latitude range where they had just enough cool days to be able to grow apples reliably, and the farthest north extreme where they could produce peach crops.

Peach crop was much more dicey at that latitude, they often had to worry about late frost killing off peach blooms. Crop was worth enough to have a helicopter come in at night a few times to mix up the surface air with air from higher up, along with overhead irrigation throughout the night to get the warming effect from the freezing.

h.h.

Veteran
I was meaning to make a comment that not everyone has access rich soil. Not trying to hijack the thread nor to mute its point.

We can easily gather most of what we need. Much is acquired through processing through composting, fermentation’s, worm beds, and whatnot.
If you eat healthy, your kitchen waste will be healthy for the plants.

The example Gypsy gives is just one way and an excellent example of how not to spend money.

I do get a late bloom killing frost. Then the hail takes its turn. A little neglect when I was gone for 6 months.
I had a few apples last year before the deer came through.
Plums are getting ripe, some white peaches. Picked all the red havens already. Had sour cherries until the birds found them. Need to pick earlier. Cider is in my future.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
the depressing takeaway i have from this thread, is that Gypsy was at one point out of smoke.
how in the world?
rhetorical Q...we all know the constraints law and its enforcers submit us to.
...an aside. that IS serious looking florescence.
Well Done Sir!

grayeyes

Wait.......all the internet experts are wrong? I don't need $27,000 of equipment to grow cannabis?

All that money wasted.