What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rdwc question

Hi guys, I didn't wanna make a new thread. I have a question about rdwc. Total beginner about hydro here. Should the flexi tank contain nutrients? I haven't seen this topic answered anywhere and I've been searching for quite some time. My idea is you fill the buckets with water for the first time or after changing water and then you mix the nutrients in the control bucket and you're done. The flexi tank just has plain water to top off the buckets after the plants drank the water or it evaporated. Should both the tank and the buckets contain nutrient solution?

Thanks

Indiva710

U should run your top off with nutes and in flower i ran mine a week ahead of the plants so as they feed they get next week's nutes also u can keep your ph lower in the top off and keeps the system more stable too and alot easier on the plants as they feed and you have plain water will dilute the nutes which u will be fighting daily and not the way to go your ppm should stay the same from day to day and if it doesn't there's a issue if it raises it's too high and they are drinking more water and it's raising the concentration of the nutes and if it goes down daily u need to increase ppm as they are feeding more ......Pm if u have any ??