What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This thing is saving me SO much time and hassle!

My friends have used these for a couple years now.

Now that I have a couple larger outdoor thangs, feeding is a HUGE job, until I got one of these.

http://hydrosystemsco.com/product/minidos/

No more mixing resevoirs. I got the one that mixes to 1% max, and did a little math and diluted full strength food so it injects the perfect amount of food.

So on days I'm feeding, I just use the watering wand like i always do, except perfectly mixed food will be flowing out, for days and days. No more filling, mixing, watering, refilling, remixing etc.

It works off the flow of water, no batteries, and it works great.

My friend has his automated system running these minidosers and it works great as well.

I'm excited about this find, thought I'd share. It has made my life a LOT easier.

I'm surprised no one has commented on this.

The Minidoser is a LIFESAVER! No more mixing resevoirs, just adjust the mixture, drop the suction filter into your plant food, and water you garden with hose and watering wand. It's too easy.

For larger gardens it is especially useful. It is dead nuts accurate too!

In fact, GH (General Hydroponics) uses these exact same minidosers in their facilities.

I have the 1% Minidoser. 1% of 1 gallon is 38ml. So it works out that 1 quart Foronova Bloom to 4 gallons water gives me around 600ppms (with 180ppm well water).

I just adjust my dilution ratio to adjust my food strength.

I feed with Floronova Bloom one day, Cal-Mag the next watering, then straight water, feed, cal-mag, water, etc.

Each feeding/watering for me is thousands of gallons, and this Minidoser is THE BEST thing I've ever bought for growing outdoors!

burgulator

Interesting! I was looking online and couldnt find any stores selling them. Where can I pick one up? Whats the cost on this thing?

I'm not trying to impress anyone. I'm just trying to help other growers with something I found that has totally changed the game for me, and made my life a LOT easier.

Here's a link to the company http://hydrosystemsco.com/product/minidos/

I ordered mine online. You can call and order or get more info as well.

The 1% minidoser I got cost about $300. They make many different sized minidosers, but the 1% one works for me.

1% of one gallon is roughly 40ml. I use Floranova Bloom at 2ml/gal, so 1 quart FNB to 5 gallons water gives me 2ml per gallon FNB coming out of my hose/watering wand for days and days. No more mixing resevoirs. It is absolutely accurate too, to the ppm.

One watering I feed FNB, the next watering I use some Cal-Mag, and the next watering is plain water.

What used to take ALL DAY now takes just an hour or 2.

Here's my small garden. Everything's about 8 feet tall, SFV OG in 100 gallon Geo Pots.

It takes me most of the day to water my gardens even WITH the Minidoser. Best tool I've bought for growing ever.

Attachments

• 306287 354009458045447 2089022662 n
    306287 354009458045447 2089022662 n
    86 KB · Views: 27
That video shows how the Minidoser works. On mine, I fitted adaptors so I could hook garden hoses up to it and it flows a LOT more water than in that vid.

It can also be set up for automated systems with valves and timers. Perfect for a drain-to-waste indoor room.

Still loving life with my Minidoser!

I've used it to feed, and to add whatever I need (preventative fungicide, and pesticide if I need to).

My friend has his gardens set up automated with Minidosers. Recently we both applied Regalia (for mold and PM prevention) and all he had to do was drop the suction tube into the bottle and turn his system on, too easy!

I had to use my watering wand but it was still SO much easier than mixing resevoirs and using pumps.

Dandelo

I feed with Floronova Bloom one day, Cal-Mag the next watering, then straight water, feed, cal-mag, water, etc.

forgive my ignorance but what is the reason for this staggard feed schedule of bloom then calmag? why not uniform mix each day of bloom/calmag?