What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it just me or is it very difficult to find womens' work clothes?! What the hell.

mrspollenjock

hi

hi

hi i hate shopping for clothes cos im a bit small
and i never get anything to fit me on size
which really suck cos all the nice things i want are always to big
i stay in the uk there are alot of shops but just cant find anything to fit me lol
mrspj

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Work close for me is just ... Old close I don`t wear any more.
Hhehe There are comfortable and you don`t care if you ruined them..
:blowbubbles:

mrspollenjock

hey

hey

I don't know what climate y'all are workin in but if I am working the OD, there's nothing I like more than my bathing suit with cut offs and a pair of sandals or blundstones. It gets hot round here. I love the climate in my IDoors so I tend to tie up a sarong above the knees or maybe a light skirt with a tank top, sometimes a hoodie in the depts of a NorCal winter. I am a soil nut tho so it might be different if I was working hydro, don kno...
For me it comes down to being comfortable enough to do some heavy labor and stay cool. When cleaning the room I rock a hazmat suit:) I think home depot carries em... I have always been fortunate enough to be able to work in a place where I can shower before I leave, perhaps that spoils me...Comfort=productivity for me.
hey jess i couldnt wear that we have snow plus u dont want to wear that at the winter

mrspollenjock

hey

hey

I don't know what climate y'all are workin in but if I am working the OD, there's nothing I like more than my bathing suit with cut offs and a pair of sandals or blundstones. It gets hot round here. I love the climate in my IDoors so I tend to tie up a sarong above the knees or maybe a light skirt with a tank top, sometimes a hoodie in the depts of a NorCal winter. I am a soil nut tho so it might be different if I was working hydro, don kno...
For me it comes down to being comfortable enough to do some heavy labor and stay cool. When cleaning the room I rock a hazmat suit:) I think home depot carries em... I have always been fortunate enough to be able to work in a place where I can shower before I leave, perhaps that spoils me...Comfort=productivity for me.
hey jess i couldnt wear that we have snow plus u dont want to wear that at the winter but ull be ok if u got good weather if i had good weather id wear the same lol

L

LadyCropSitter

My work clothes consist of my husbands favorite tee shirt and a pair of boxers (my own).

mint

Just get some from a cheap-ola thrift store, thats how i get my work clothes..

5 euros* for a the rattiest, strongest work trousers ever.

(* this is from an E-European country with far cheaper prices than in the US)

Now you know how men feel when shopping for normal clothes. You girls have a lot to choose from, colors, shapes, trends, etc... and cheap. Go and look for men's clothes, they're all the same, boring and expensive, I allwas come out frustrated as you said. Ah, don't be short too, everyone's tall so I must look into kids clothes, but I'm no kid anymore, ain't funny at all...

Nannymouse

420giveaway
TSC for the boot win! Finally found a style that fits. The endurance rider boots. I'm really rough on them, but can get a pair for chores that lasts a year. Not real good in mud and water.

For waterproof boots, mudders, muck boots, the rubber boots that are higher tops...they don't last very long in the ice and -30 degrees f. weather. Still working on that. The ice really slices into them, not so much on the sole, but if the ice is on top of snow, it acts just like a razor. Not to mention they eventually crack where the foot bends.

What i really want is a coverall that i can just jump into, as i am out numerous times per day, collecting eggs, especially in winter, cuz of frozen eggs. Anyway, this is the tough one for me. Even the 'short' size has too long of legs, and i'm short waisted, so the top part...way too big. Sort of funny to see me try on coveralls when they are all new and starched, my sholders are about six inches below the coverall sholders. Now, this is worse in the insulated ones, and insualtion is a must for the winter here.

Until i find something suitable (lol), i continue to wear two pairs of wooly socks, two pair of heavy jeans, and as many sweatshirts and hoodies and stocking caps, as the weather requires. It's a pain to do this repeatedly, each day. I have thought about getting two pair softer summer weight coveralls and sewing them together, somehow, if i find something lighter that does fit.

Oh, socks. I've been having a cow over the 'imported' womens' socks. Most are made in lands of tiny people, evidently. Very difficult to find a knee sock that is wide enough in the calf, long enough to fit over the calf, AND will stay up. Did finally find some TEAM socks are Scheels that work. But they are thin, so that store did have some wool ones that worked, too.

Well, maybe i wont have to worry about it, if i just cut down on hens and bring them into the room off the garage...which sounds easier just to do a little carpentering.

Mr. J

Don't know why you ladies need boots and fancy clothes just to make sandwiches and clean the bathroom, but whatever.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
That's a dilemma we both share Nanny, my pet peeve is the sock problem and I have small feet.

My only suggestion on the overall/coveralls is to learn to sew or find a seamstress who can make you a custom fit pattern/template that can be used over and over.

Good luck on finding anything that isn't custom made!:)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Don't know why you ladies need boots and fancy clothes just to make sandwiches and clean the bathroom, but whatever.

Yeah Nanny, just ask Mr.J over for lunch, make him a couple of sammies, bat your eyelashes and get him to do the chores for ya!;)

Nannymouse

420giveaway
Mr J would run like hell. M an old mouse, hardly any hair, toothless, uneven size tits, stretch marks. Just want chore clothes that WORK. He'd like the sammies, tho. except we don't keep bread in the house. Nor potatoes, except honey grows some for new potaters and peas.

I don't have much left for eyelashes to bat, either. He's just shitoutaluck, here.

Not a very girly girl, always was a tomboy. Horses, i've mucked more ferts(all natural)... Would WAY rather take care of chickens than cook anything. I do make awesome soup, tho.

Guess that i need to change my 'picture' back to the old mouse avatar, just haven't gotten around to it, yet.

Yes, i tried to buy men's socks, but the heel would end up halfway up the calf. The shoe thing...my mom used to about cry taking us for new shoes. We kids inherited wide foot at front, narrow heel, and high as hell instep. If i'd try men's shoe/boots, they were just always too wide in the heel. Women's boot, OMG, the cowboy boots i could never even get my feet into them with the high instep, and all women's shoes boots would be too narrow at front of foot. SCREAM

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... hmm, we see you snuck Victoria's Secret in there, was that a mistake or did you think we wouldn't notice YOU WERE TROLLING IN THE WOMEN'S FORUM????? :tiphat::biggrin::wave:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
There are more ways to do "work", than outside on a tractor. That's for making the sammiches.

Last edited:

Cuddles

this thread is such a coincidence - I actually ordered a work overall this week and it arrived yesterday. The only size they had left was L though and the legs are (as expected) not only too long for me but also way, way too wide.

I´d wanted one of these overalls for some time but as I tried to take it off again I realized something : going to the toilet when wearing them is too much hassle lol.

I think in future I´ll stick to just trying to find cheap pants and t-shirts again

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At home it’s always sweats and T-shirt’s ...I do too much stuff around the house to wear nice cloths (even when I make sammies) I wear crocs or flip flops in the garden...I can’t go barefoot anymore my feet are too soft these days lol....
Rock on ladies!!

Latest posts

Latest posts